Woman, ‘drunk’ after business is embezzled, tries to ram pedestrians

webfact

1 minute ago, tlandtday said:

Is that a get out of jail free symbol I see on the front of that vehicle?  Looks like another day at the office.

normally yes but with the spotlight on the handling of red bull case and this one so well documented and viewed i wonder how the powers to be will sell any non punishment to joe public?

On 8/12/2020 at 2:30 PM, robblok said:

People who drink and drive (or use other drugs then alcohol) are the worst scum of the earth. Endangering people for their own selfish pleasure.

I am all for using any drug people want as long as they don't bother others or operate a vehicle. 

Exactly, but how many Thai do you know who even think that it would be better to avoid driving after drinking ?

I HAVE NEVER FOUND ONE ! Even among high educated people, Master dregree, PHD, all skumbogs !

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 11:27 AM, ukrules said:

No they're not. Serial killers, mass murderers and terrorists are the worst scum of the earth.

You've got to get things into perspective.

is it a kind of stupid competition to find who is the more stupid scum one ?

11 hours ago, Crusader said:

Scum of the earth gets my vote...they just do not care.  There is no excuse for drink driving, but until it effects us or someone we know...not much attention is paid to it.

They don't care plus they think they are entitled to to do whatever they want because they are in a special group who don't have to follow laws and regulations.  

18 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

That's what a lot of people that drink or smoke think , they think they are schumacher but in fact your the same as tired or angry people , same chance of braking to late or speeding . 

I would be willing to test it ????

19 hours ago, ifmu said:

i will agree to the pot but not the beer ...     beer is drinking and driving  even in small amounts   (before u say i only meant 1 or 2     )

Well, after a few beers I drive more focused, slower and more careful. I think it more than makes up for the reduced reaction time.

22 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

People who think they can drive better after using drugs or alcohol surely have no concept on the effect that these have on your body and  ability to drive

Everybody is an individual. On average, people drive worse on drugs and alcohol. But me personally I drive slower, I focus more on safety and I think those two things make up for the reduced reaction time. 

13 minutes ago, hobz said:

Everybody is an individual. On average, people drive worse on drugs and alcohol. But me personally I drive slower, I focus more on safety and I think those two things make up for the reduced reaction time. 

Sorry to burst your bubble..............

Most people will claim that they’re under the limit and thus fine to drive after drinking one or two alcoholic drinks. But are you safe to drive after one or two drinks?

SCIENCE SAYS, NO. There’s no absolute safe level of alcohol consumption for competent/safe driving. And even just one drink is enough to impair your driving ability, affecting things like your ability to see or locate moving lights, judge distances, and you’re more likely to take risks when driving, too.

Drive at the legal limit of 0.05 blood alcohol concentration (BAC) and you’re twice as likely to be involved in a collision than before drinking. Beyond 0.05 BAC you’re a staggering eight times more likely to be involved in a collision than before you had a drink.

Alcohol hits your brain within minutes of being consumed and hangs around until your body metabolises the alcohol, and the time it takes to do this varies depending on the type of drink you consume, your height, age, size, and sex, the length of time you consumed the alcohol across, whether food was consumed, the health of your liver, and your fitness, etc.

When can I drive after drinking?

The guidelines state that males can drink no more than two standard drinks in the first hour (containing no more than 10g of alcohol each), followed by one standard drink every hour after than. A standard drink might be 30ml of spirits, 285ml of beer or 375ml of low-alcohol beer, 100ml of wine or 60ml of sherry or port.

Effects of drinking and driving

As the alcohol lobs in your brain, the brain’s activity begins to slow down. This is a fact. And this means, if you’re driving a car, that you’ll start focussing on one thing at a time, like steering, but you won’t notice peripheral things, like a child running out onto the street or a car braking ahead of you, or maybe even the traffic lights changing. According to research, a blood alcohol of 0.02% is enough to see hand shaking appear and thus an inability to control lane position while driving, with the result that the driver is more likely to wander in and out of their lane. And, as mentioned, perception of what’s occurring around them also diminishes, even if the driver doesn’t realise it.

Drinking and driving statistics

Looking at research data, it seems that when questioned almost no-one can accurately predict whether, after one or two drinks, they’re under or over the legal limit. This has led to various medial professional groups calling for a lowering of the blood alcohol limit from 0.05% to 0.02% and then onto 0%. But then, research also shows that fatigue and dehydration can be just as affecting as a blood alcohol limit of 0.05%. Around 15% of collisions in Australia are alcohol-related (but alcohol was the contributing factor in 30% of fatal collisions), while 17% are related to fatigue. But I digress.

Essentially, just about everyone agrees that while the blood alcohol limit might be 0.05% there really is no safe level of alcohol you can have in your system and still be ‘fine’ to drive a vehicle. And while I hate to sound like a parent, if you’re planning on drinking, then organise an alternative way of getting home. Don’t risk driving even after just one drink.

UMH_C_DrunkDriving_Chart%401x-02.jpg

A 160-pound man that consumes two alcoholic beverages will experience some loss of judgment, decreased ability to rapidly track a moving target and reduced multitasking ability, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Women, who generally weigh less than men, would see a higher BAC per drink.

Three alcoholic drinks will bring a person’s blood alcohol level to approximately 0.05%, which can impair the ability to rapidly focus vision, lower alertness and decrease coordination — to the point that steering becomes difficult and response to driving emergencies becomes blunted.

After approximately four alcoholic drinks, one’s balance, vision and reaction time are often affected. It becomes harder to detect roadway dangers. Reasoning and information processing are often measurably impaired. This corresponds most closely to a BAC of 0.08%.

A blood alcohol concentration of 0.10% is generally associated with a clear loss of reaction time and control. There will be a reduced ability to maintain proper lane position or to brake appropriately.

Taking preventive measures

In 2000, Congress passed legislation making 0.08 BAC the national standard for impaired driving in the United States. That level had already been associated with a decrease in alcohol-related highway fatalities in states enforcing it. 

SEE ALSO: 6 Need-to-Know Tips for Summer Holidays

Studies dating back to the 1960s have demonstrated the correlation between BAC and accident risk. The relative risk of being in a crash is 1.38 times higher at a BAC of 0.05 than at a BAC of 0.00. At 0.08, the risk is 2.69 times higher. At 0.10, the crash risk climbs to five times higher.

When you consider the medical evidence, including the physiological effects and the relative risk of crash, you can understand why some countries (including Australia, France, Germany and Italy) set the legal limit at 0.05 BAC — and why in 2013 the National Transportation Safety Board recommended that 0.05 become the new limit in the U.S.

Another solution to curb drunk driving could be found in ignition interlocks, which are essentially Breathalyzer devices connected to the vehicle’s ignition system to ensure that only a sober driver can start the car.

LISTEN UP: Add the Michigan Medicine News Break to your Alexa-enabled device, or subscribe to our daily updates on iTunesGoogle Play and Stitcher.

All states use ignition interlocks to some degree, but as of January, only 23 states require interlocks for all DUI offenders. A 2015 study in the American Journal of Public Health found that states with these laws have fewer alcohol-involved crash deaths.

Still, no matter a country’s rules or intervention plans, it is the responsibility of every driver to understand that there is no “safe” BAC level.

And the bottom line is simple: the more you drink, the less you are able to drive safely, and the higher the likelihood of an accident.

This is an updated version of an article originally published on July 22, 2016 on The Conversation. You can read the original version here.

Michigan Health News Right to Your Inbox

Edited by fredwiggy

23 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Sorry to burst your bubble..............

Most people will claim that they’re under the limit and thus fine to drive after drinking one or two alcoholic drinks. But are you safe to drive after one or two drinks?

SCIENCE SAYS, NO. There’s no absolute safe level of alcohol consumption for competent/safe driving. And even just one drink is enough to impair your driving ability, affecting things like your ability to see or locate moving lights, judge distances, and you’re more likely to take risks when driving, too.

Drive at the legal limit of 0.05 blood alcohol concentration (BAC) and you’re twice as likely to be involved in a collision than before drinking. Beyond 0.05 BAC you’re a staggering eight times more likely to be involved in a collision than before you had a drink.

Alcohol hits your brain within minutes of being consumed and hangs around until your body metabolises the alcohol, and the time it takes to do this varies depending on the type of drink you consume, your height, age, size, and sex, the length of time you consumed the alcohol across, whether food was consumed, the health of your liver, and your fitness, etc.

When can I drive after drinking?

The guidelines state that males can drink no more than two standard drinks in the first hour (containing no more than 10g of alcohol each), followed by one standard drink every hour after than. A standard drink might be 30ml of spirits, 285ml of beer or 375ml of low-alcohol beer, 100ml of wine or 60ml of sherry or port.

Effects of drinking and driving

As the alcohol lobs in your brain, the brain’s activity begins to slow down. This is a fact. And this means, if you’re driving a car, that you’ll start focussing on one thing at a time, like steering, but you won’t notice peripheral things, like a child running out onto the street or a car braking ahead of you, or maybe even the traffic lights changing. According to research, a blood alcohol of 0.02% is enough to see hand shaking appear and thus an inability to control lane position while driving, with the result that the driver is more likely to wander in and out of their lane. And, as mentioned, perception of what’s occurring around them also diminishes, even if the driver doesn’t realise it.

Drinking and driving statistics

Looking at research data, it seems that when questioned almost no-one can accurately predict whether, after one or two drinks, they’re under or over the legal limit. This has led to various medial professional groups calling for a lowering of the blood alcohol limit from 0.05% to 0.02% and then onto 0%. But then, research also shows that fatigue and dehydration can be just as affecting as a blood alcohol limit of 0.05%. Around 15% of collisions in Australia are alcohol-related (but alcohol was the contributing factor in 30% of fatal collisions), while 17% are related to fatigue. But I digress.

Essentially, just about everyone agrees that while the blood alcohol limit might be 0.05% there really is no safe level of alcohol you can have in your system and still be ‘fine’ to drive a vehicle. And while I hate to sound like a parent, if you’re planning on drinking, then organise an alternative way of getting home. Don’t risk driving even after just one drink.

UMH_C_DrunkDriving_Chart%401x-02.jpg

A 160-pound man that consumes two alcoholic beverages will experience some loss of judgment, decreased ability to rapidly track a moving target and reduced multitasking ability, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Women, who generally weigh less than men, would see a higher BAC per drink.

Three alcoholic drinks will bring a person’s blood alcohol level to approximately 0.05%, which can impair the ability to rapidly focus vision, lower alertness and decrease coordination — to the point that steering becomes difficult and response to driving emergencies becomes blunted.

After approximately four alcoholic drinks, one’s balance, vision and reaction time are often affected. It becomes harder to detect roadway dangers. Reasoning and information processing are often measurably impaired. This corresponds most closely to a BAC of 0.08%.

A blood alcohol concentration of 0.10% is generally associated with a clear loss of reaction time and control. There will be a reduced ability to maintain proper lane position or to brake appropriately.

Taking preventive measures

In 2000, Congress passed legislation making 0.08 BAC the national standard for impaired driving in the United States. That level had already been associated with a decrease in alcohol-related highway fatalities in states enforcing it. 

SEE ALSO: 6 Need-to-Know Tips for Summer Holidays

Studies dating back to the 1960s have demonstrated the correlation between BAC and accident risk. The relative risk of being in a crash is 1.38 times higher at a BAC of 0.05 than at a BAC of 0.00. At 0.08, the risk is 2.69 times higher. At 0.10, the crash risk climbs to five times higher.

When you consider the medical evidence, including the physiological effects and the relative risk of crash, you can understand why some countries (including Australia, France, Germany and Italy) set the legal limit at 0.05 BAC — and why in 2013 the National Transportation Safety Board recommended that 0.05 become the new limit in the U.S.

Another solution to curb drunk driving could be found in ignition interlocks, which are essentially Breathalyzer devices connected to the vehicle’s ignition system to ensure that only a sober driver can start the car.

LISTEN UP: Add the Michigan Medicine News Break to your Alexa-enabled device, or subscribe to our daily updates on iTunesGoogle Play and Stitcher.

All states use ignition interlocks to some degree, but as of January, only 23 states require interlocks for all DUI offenders. A 2015 study in the American Journal of Public Health found that states with these laws have fewer alcohol-involved crash deaths.

Still, no matter a country’s rules or intervention plans, it is the responsibility of every driver to understand that there is no “safe” BAC level.

And the bottom line is simple: the more you drink, the less you are able to drive safely, and the higher the likelihood of an accident.

This is an updated version of an article originally published on July 22, 2016 on The Conversation. You can read the original version here.

I'm an exception because if I ever drove after a few beers I would drive so much slower and so much more careful than usual so that it would nullify all of the above stats and arguments.

Just now, hobz said:

I'm an exception because if I ever drove after a few beers I would drive so much slower and so much more careful than usual so that it would nullify all of the above stats and arguments.

Nothing nullifies stats. You just think you're okay while driving. Just like everyone else until they kill or maim someone or themselves. Two beers in an hour and you wait awhile, you're alright. Three will definitely impair anyone's driving ability.

7 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Nothing nullifies stats. You just think you're okay while driving. Just like everyone else until they kill or maim someone or themselves. Two beers in an hour and you wait awhile, you're alright. Three will definitely impair anyone's driving ability.

1. I was not included in the stats.

2. Stats have room for outliers.

Sure, the average guy drives worse after a few beers. But I'm not average.

Yes I admit that my reaction speed is down and my brain is impaired. But I more than make up for it by driving so much more careful and slow. Because I'm aware or the impairment.

Ofcourse there's a limit. I wouldn't drive after 10 beers for sure. Lol

Edited by hobz

37 minutes ago, hobz said:

1. I was not included in the stats.

2. Stats have room for outliers.

Sure, the average guy drives worse after a few beers. But I'm not average.

Yes I admit that my reaction speed is down and my brain is impaired. But I more than make up for it by driving so much more careful and slow. Because I'm aware or the impairment.

Ofcourse there's a limit. I wouldn't drive after 10 beers for sure. Lol

Driving after three for anyone is impaired. You are no different than anyone else. When you drink, you think you are driving safely, but if anyone was watching you that was sober, they would see the difference. There have been thousands of people that have died because of others drinking a "few" beers..............https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-driving-under-influence

Edited by fredwiggy

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Driving after three for anyone is impaired. You are no different than anyone else. When you drink, you think you are driving safely, but if anyone was watching you that was sober, they would see the difference. There have been thousands of people that have died because of others drinking a "few" beers..............https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts/11-facts-about-driving-under-influence

Everybody is different.

Impairment doesn't mean it's more dangerous.

If I'm impaired I might have 100% slower reaction time. But if I drive 10% of the speed it means I Will have 9 times longer to react. So despite my 100% slower reaction time I will be able to react in time more frequently than if I was sober.

These numbers are obviously pulled out of thin air. But the point is that driving slower and more carefully outweighs the impairment.

2 minutes ago, hobz said:

Everybody is different.

If I'm impaired I might have 100% slower reaction time. But if I drive 10% of the speed it means I Will have 9 times longer to react. So despite my 100% slower reaction time I will be able to react in time more frequently than if I was sober.

These numbers are obviously pulled out of thin air. But the point is that driving slower and more carefully outweighs the impairment.

I think we can all agree her judgement was impaired I assume on a normal day she does not ram bikes and drive at police and public no matter at 10 km or 100 km per hour.

Speed adjusted for you for her inebriated state

1 hour ago, Dave0206 said:

I think we can all agree her judgement was impaired I assume on a normal day she does not ram bikes and drive at police and public no matter at 10 km or 100 km per hour.

Speed adjusted for you for her inebriated state

I'm talking about meeeeee

10 hours ago, hobz said:

Everybody is different.

Impairment means impaired. Weakened. Not up to par. Having a disability. Meaning you are a risk to others on the road. Going slower doesn't mean you can react like a sober driver can. You keep making excuses to drink after drinking. there aren't any. You aren't referring to one or two beers and waiting. You are saying a few beers, which will impair your driving. When will drinkers admit they are risking other's lives? When they are taken to court for manslaughter? And if you live in this country, with some of the worst drivers on earth, where there are more on scooters than in cars, and not wearing helmets, a slight bump hitting them can send them to the pavement to die.

Edited by fredwiggy

6 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Impairment means impaired. Weakened. Not up to par. Having a disability. Meaning you are a risk to others on the road. Going slower doesn't mean you can react like a sober driver can. You keep making excuses to drink after drinking. there aren't any. You aren't referring to one or two beers and waiting. You are saying a few beers, which will impair your driving. When will drinkers admit they are risking other's lives? When they are taken to court for manslaughter? And if you live in this country, with some of the worst drivers on earth, where there are more on scooters than in cars, and not wearing helmets, a slight bump hitting them can send them to the pavement to die.

You are thinking way too black and white ... Do you drive when you are a little bit tired? Did you know that when you are a little bit tired you are impaired? Impaired means impaired, you will kill someone.

Also, did you know that different people have different reaction times? Some people react slightly slower, so they should not be allowed to drive. Only the people with the absolute best reaction times in the world should be allowed to drive. Because compared to him/her everyone else is impaired.

I'm done arguing with black and white thinking morons like you lol

42 minutes ago, hobz said:

You are thinking way too black and white ... Do you drive when you are a little bit tired? Did you know that when you are a little bit tired you are impaired? Impaired means impaired, you will kill someone.

Also, did you know that different people have different reaction times? Some people react slightly slower, so they should not be allowed to drive. Only the people with the absolute best reaction times in the world should be allowed to drive. Because compared to him/her everyone else is impaired.

I'm done arguing with black and white thinking morons like you lol

Again making excuses to drive after drinking. Tells all. Calling someone a moron because they are trying to get a point across to you that is valid, and laughing out loud, shows everyone with any common sense where you're thinking lies. Your words................ Impaired means impaired, you will kill someone.................... My thinking isn't black and white. I have driven after drinking when I was young and not thinking of the consequences. I have driven tired, so I could get home, like everyone has at times. Don't assume that you know how much I know about a topic just because you're thinking differs from mine. This isn't an argument. You just happen to be wrong and , being a drinker that drives after drinking, think you are immune to hurting others because you "drive slower". Don't call someone you don't agree with a moron. That makes you look the part. And don't drink and drive, because you might just kill someone and then will remember what I said here. But then it will be too late for them.

• Like 1