Best UK Sim for Thailand?

toast1

What's the best company to be with if you're a regular visitor to Thailand and occasionally need to receive calls, send a text etc. 
Some companies can really pile on the charges. 
So which phone company is most is most reasonable?

Thanks

I don't know if it's available to UK residents, but I was real pleased with the performance of my Google Fi phone/SIM while I was in China and Thailand.  Here in the USA, my typical bill is $27-29 a month. 

For the month I was in Thailand and China, my bill ran $53, all in.  That's including some international calls, quite a few international texts, and some data downloading since I wasn't near my normal wifi zones.  I didn't have to do anything to activate it in China or Thailand, and it just worked.  When I landed and turned on the phone, I got a "Welcome to Thailand...  Give us a moment to connect you to the local network".  A few minutes later, it was as good as any Thai SIM I ever had.

Of course, Google may have a different plan (or none at all) in the UK...

Buy a Thai SIM for Data and local calls. WiFi everywhere so you may need only 2GB Mobile data per month. Cost about 300 Baht per month. Get Skype Unlimited world at about £10 per month and you can call unlimited to aklmost anywhere for no extra cost. Get a Skype number (any major country including UK at a cost of about £5 per month and unlimited free incoming calls at no cost to your friends and family). Alternatively, use What'sApp, Line, Viber or Messenger for phone or video calls and messages. NEVER EVER USE A UK SIM CARD EXCEPT FOR INCOMING SMS VERIFICATIONS FOR LOGGING ON TO BANKING ETC. BE SURE TO TURN OFF DATA ROAMING ON YOUR UK SIM.