Thai activists challenge police to arrest them over protests

webfact

They also requested the Police explain the Sedition charges seriously they were never more than Gagging orders to prevent the attending or leading any more demonstration.
In 5-10 ,years when then they go to Court they will of course be found not guilty because they were practicing their democratic right to protest.
Those signing the arrest warrants should be the ones arrested!
Two other things being Tweeted this morning many people weren't able to use their mobile phones and believe Phone Jammers were being used

and Protestors drones were being brought down by police probably they don't want any evidence of how many protesters were there.

1510830611_EfjJTD3U4AYO7Dy-s-Copy.jpg.2c62bcbc4f68b7c0b2da30ca1db58727.jpg

Edited by DirtyHarry55
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, robertson468 said:

I'm sorry, but how long does it take to check the data base to see if there is a warrant out for the arrest of someone?  This sounds like someone went in to a "pink funk" and was not prepared to man-up (or woman-up) to the challenge of the protester.

Must be the cops "smart' cars are not in play for some reason :whistling:

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The protests were picked up and reported live by Sky News. No doubt other media outlets too, but I don't check them.

Even the American news networks are reporting this as well.

Not a good look for Thailand and the Junta

Edited by Aussie Col
miss spelling
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Can you believe that in the modern world, there are people who believe that other people should not have the right to choose who governs them. And they think that other people should not be free to express what they think. They are prepared to arrest them for expressing their opinions and ideas.

It's amazing isn't it.

And this is not just in China - where people are denied critical thinking education as children, and spoon-fed CCP propaganda, so emerge from school with severely limited situational awareness and are unable to make effective decisions or cope with new situations or integrate well.

It's happening in other countries too. 

Why so 'amazing ' in a 'modern world'? the planet is covered with nations with the same lack of freedom and  'democracy'Would be nice if it wasn't so but don't be so surprised!

Edited by pixelaoffy
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

If it's anything like the speed the police move at normally, I expect all those who marched there to be collecting their pensions first.

These police have had orders from above, believe me they would be running.

Same as thinking of trumped up charges and getting arrest warrants, all done at lightening speed.

But all the PM is achieving is like stoking the fire, some of the charges are so ridiculous he makes himself look stupid.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nong38 said:

I have not seen anything on the Thai TV about the gatherings, cannot understand why, perhaps I just switch on at the wrong time and miss it.

You won't until the usurpers are suddenly gone. Try twitter, the fella that's having problems getting his permit of stay extended is a good starting point.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 2

On 8/17/2020 at 2:16 AM, webfact said:

Police at the station said they were checking the list of arrest warrants against those who had marched there

How long does that take?