The rise and fall of Cambodia’s Pub Street, the most notorious party strip in the country

geovalin

3 hours ago, how241 said:

Just another sign of the times,  new normal !!!

I live in Siem Reap and I hope it lasts - no massed Asian tour groups, ghetto blasting music and inebriated back packers! Lots of life and enjoyment in Khmer/Foreigner family run restaurants and bars in plenty of areas other than Walking Street.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

I live in Siem Reap and I hope it lasts - no massed Asian tour groups, ghetto blasting music and inebriated back packers! Lots of life and enjoyment in Khmer/Foreigner family run restaurants and bars in plenty of areas other than Walking Street.

That all sounds good,  very good !!!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Is Temple (of Doom) Club still polluting the pub area?

Anyway, as you report, it seems like there are better options for a quiet evening at the bar. Now, if I can only get there in the next 3-6 months for a look-see. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what is so "notorious" about it. I was there with some friends in January 2017 and it seemed pretty tame compared to say, Walking Street at the same time.

It was a little crowded with people and food vendors, but not so much that you couldn't stroll along at a leisurely pace. More snakes/spiders/scorpions on skewers than you normally seem from the bug vendors in Pattaya, but no "adult" venues and any freelancers there may have been were not obvious at all.

IMG20170107205651.thumb.jpg.53e6d3cc40e0d5cacc2961205a7edba7.jpg

On 8/17/2020 at 11:42 PM, Burma Bill said:

I'm with you on that. People playing ghetto music audible to others at any volume should get life in jail with no parole for being anti social <deleted> IMO.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Thanks 1