Health minister seeking Bt600m for vaccine production

snoop1130

Health minister seeking Bt600m for vaccine production

By The Nation

800_b7632873546bb0f.jpg

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul will tomorrow (August 18) ask the Cabinet to approve a plan to collaborate on production of Covid-19 vaccines.

Anutin said the budget for the plan was around Bt600 million, though Thailand was spending a total Bt3 billion on vaccine research and delivery.

He said that the matter must be concluded quickly since countries were now capable of starting production, and Thailand still had a chance to secure rights to produce the vaccine.

Vaccine development in Thailand is advancing and successful vaccine candidates will be approved by the Thai Food and Drug Administration in the future, he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393089

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-17

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He said that the matter must be concluded quickly since countries were now capable of starting production, and Thailand still had a chance to secure rights to produce the vaccine.

ahahaha

THAI first, as always, even their vaccine might not work at all, or WORSE

and this for .... 58 death in 6 months now

yes, everybody HAS to be forcefully vaccinated for a disease that killed 58 old & chronic sick people

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YetAnother said:

more likely he doesnt do well with zeros, so what, public health in this current scenario is about money ?

I'm sure he does very well with the "zero's" 

one for me, one for you; one for me.. etc

Your reports that you had a vaccine were fake just like the election. I assume you intend now ro steal money as well. Who employed this character. Australia already trial stage 1 of a successful vaccine and ready next year. Does this Thai read news ????????????.

The maths dont add up. It doesnt say how many doses / courses.

With 70 million population, he is clearly not planning this for the masses.

Its only less than 10 baht per person.

Say the vaccine course ( a few shots) is cheap here at perhaps 1000 baht.

Thats only 600,000 people.

Maybe that will cover the politicians, their associates in big business, the army / forces, medical staff.

Is there no consideration fof the general populace?

7 minutes ago, jojothai said:

Maybe that will cover the politicians, their associates in big business, the army / forces, medical staff.

Is there no consideration  of the general populace?

When the top 1% control 66% of the nations wealth it's not hard to guess who matters!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, YetAnother said:
19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Vaccine development in Thailand is advancing and successful vaccine candidates will be approved by the Thai Food and Drug Administration in the future, he said.

total guesswork; monitor this fool's bank account when monies are flowing

Initially I'd agree with you.

However, this (raspberry) fool is so rich I can't see that being much of an incentive for him. Perhaps it's more showing control and worming his way higher up.

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Could someone please enlighten me on which vaccines Thailand is no.1 in the world researching and distributing  ? Thailand CANNOT secure the rights to produce any vaccine.

Be interesting when Thailand eventually starts vaccinating its populace with a foreign vaccine, exactly where this money went

5 hours ago, jojothai said:

"Anutin said the budget for the plan was around Bt600 million, though Thailand was spending a total Bt3 billion on vaccine research and delivery. "

For 3 billion is 42.8 Bts but not all thai go take vaccine maybe 200 bts cost product vaccine on country is correct.

I have been reading this site for a couple of years now, but this is the first time I am posting. After reading this article I could not help but to laugh and make a comment. When I first looked the headline I thought it said, "Health Minister seeking BOTTOM for vaccine production." Upon second glance I now see that it's 600 Million Baht.

Edited by Q Travels

9 hours ago, jojothai said:

They can go back to their farms...

11 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

yes, everybody HAS to be forcefully vaccinated for a disease that killed 58 old & chronic sick people

You talk nonsense. 

Out of the 58 that have died in Thailand, 16 (approximately 33%) were under 50 years old which in my book is far from "old", 5 were under 40. Many of those had no underlaying health issues. Some were classified as having Diabetes or being Obese but I certainly would class these as "Chronic Sick People" because most people with these conditions live a normal life expectancy 

Edited by Patts

On 8/17/2020 at 5:52 PM, snoop1130 said:

That's interesting, since stages 2 and 3 testing are totally impossible in Thailand with the current Covid figures.