PM to officially open Bangkok to Map Ta Phut motorway next Monday

webfact

PM to officially open Bangkok to Map Ta Phut motorway next Monday

1pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thailand's premier Prayuth Chan-Ocha will officially open the Bangkok to Map Ta Phut motorway on August 24th.

The road (Route 7) features the recently opened 32 km extension from Pattaya to Maptaphut that has been free to use wince May 22nd. 

The extension is currently free to use until the end of August and looks set to remain free for the time being after a public consultation phase was carried out since August 4th. 

The cost of the extension was 17.78 billion baht. 

Daily News reported that two new booths at Huay Yai and Khao Chi Oan are now ready and that the extension is almost 100% complete.

1pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The fee for the entire 149 km route is expected to be 130 baht for a four wheel vehicle. 

Journey time from the capital to the eastern seaboard will be just one and a half hours. 

Piyapong Jiwatnakunphaisan of the Highways' Department said that since the opening of the extension daily usage had been increasing with 6,000 - 8,000 vehicles. About 10,000 have been on the road during long holiday weekends. 

He expects with the two new booths opening that usage will continue to increase. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-18

3 hours ago, drbrit said:

I wish the section to Baan Amphoe (near Ocean Marina) would hurry up and open. Currently it says September with no actual date. 

Sept is only 2 months out.  It is also a 5 week month.

So, my 3rd grade arithmetic tells me 2 - 7 weeks......

On 8/18/2020 at 8:06 AM, webfact said:

the recently opened 32 km extension from Pattaya to Maptaphut

open to Ban chang,  the mataphut section is up in the air ( pun intended), and not due to open for a few years

Well today is Monday 24th and  there was a large cavalcade of VIP vehicles including 1 black Mercedes Benz

turned up at the Na-Jomtien  government housing estate about 3.30pm...I wonder if it was the

"democratic soldier" visiting  ???

1 hour ago, johng said:

I wonder if it was the

"democratic soldier" visiting  ???

Well no t'was the governor of  either Chonburi or Rayong more likely Chonburi.

My neighbour who works at the Ocean Marina says the  barriers have been removed from the Bahn Amphur slip road..ill go have a look tomorrow.

12 hours ago, johng said:

Well no t'was the governor of  either Chonburi or Rayong more likely Chonburi.

My neighbour who works at the Ocean Marina says the  barriers have been removed from the Bahn Amphur slip road..ill go have a look tomorrow.

It is in the news the top man arrived and declared it open.