Bangkok: Steel flies off pick-up damaging two cars in front

webfact

Bangkok: Steel flies off pick-up damaging two cars in front

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on a Facebook post from FM91 Trafficpro after an incident in the Rama 3 area of Bangkok near Soi 23 inbound, on Monday at 11.10 am. 

A Vigo pick-up carrying a load of steel had to brake suddenly. 

The steel flew off into a black Honda HRV in front piercing and severely damaging it. 

In addition some of the steel went over the roof of the HRV into another vehicle, a Honda Civic, that was further in front. 

Wat Phrayakrai police are investigating. 

No one was injured in the incident.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-18

• Haha 1

Those of us who live and drive here have sense enough to avoid these accidents waiting to happen! Everyday, I see these shoddy loads happening on these Thai roads. 

I  stay way behind these P/U, while I wait for  the opportunity to pass 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Going too fast..load not secured properly,should

be chained down,but they always seem to just use

rope,not the first time for this to happen,won't be

the last.

regards worgeordie

Shouldn’t be chained down because it shouldn’t be on a pick up. We see it every day which is so frightening.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, riclag said:

Those of us who live and drive here have sense enough to avoid these accidents waiting to happen!

Wow aren't we perfect.....sounds like you are blaming the vehicles in front.

yet

5 hours ago, riclag said:

I  stay way behind these P/U, while I wait for  the opportunity to pass 

And if you pass and then stop at traffic lights and the truck is then behind you........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

A Vigo pick-up carrying a load of steel had to brake suddenly. 

Who writes this? How the heck can a Vigo apply the brakes? Self driving cars not arrived on our roads here yet. Surely someone must have cocked up somewhere else to have caused this incident?

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Carrying a load like that is normal here. Criminal maybe but normal. That is why one gives such vehicles a wide berth.

Unless the idiot comes up behind you and brakes violently.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Going too fast..load not secured properly,should

be chained down,but they always seem to just use

rope,not the first time for this to happen,won't be

the last.

regards worgeordie

with a proper rope and a trucker's hitch you would be able to secure a load like this. What I have seen and experience first hand is that they use this plastic strings, used for tighten rice bags, to secure hundreds kg of load.
I have thanked the porter for his effort and pulled out two ratchet belts to tight the load porperly down.

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Who writes this? How the heck can a Vigo apply the brakes? Self driving cars not arrived on our roads here yet. Surely someone must have cocked up somewhere else to have caused this incident?

Maybe it was me who wrote this.

Remember not everybody is coming from a country where the native language is english.

And yes, I'm convinced, even the comment above is not written in perfect English.

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OttoPollmann said:

with a proper rope and a trucker's hitch you would be able to secure a load like this. What I have seen and experience first hand is that they use this plastic strings, used for tighten rice bags, to secure hundreds kg of load.
I have thanked the porter for his effort and pulled out two ratchet belts to tight the load porperly down.

Rope is not recommended for securing steel,as it could fray during

the journey,rubbing against the steel, but here anything goes as you

said.

regards worgeordie

On 8/18/2020 at 3:26 PM, TEFLKrabi said:

Shouldn’t be chained down because it shouldn’t be on a pick up. We see it every day which is so frightening.

The ones I always avoid are the high-sided trucks overloaded with sugarcane swaying and wobbling their way down the road. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 7:44 PM, Peterphuket said:

Maybe it was me who wrote this.

Remember not everybody is coming from a country where the native language is english.

And yes, I'm convinced, even the comment above is not written in perfect English.

Thank you!

Missed my point entirely.

The op English is not in question, I understand it may be written by a non native English speaker. Point being no one is taking responsibility for the accident. No names need mentioning, respect the privacy and defamation laws of course, just the fact that people cause accidents not Vigo pick ups. Until this is recognized by news reporters will anything change?

• Thanks 1