Pattaya: Mystery attack on car parked on Beach Road Jomtien

webfact

Pattaya: Mystery attack on car parked on Beach Road Jomtien

7pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A woman out with her family having a bite to eat at Jomtien beach on Saturday night returned to her car to discover that it had been attacked with a mystery substance. 

There was a long line of bubbling paint on her red MG from the front tire to the rear. 

It happened about 8.30 pm. 

Jintara, 27, a restaurant cashier, said she feared for the safety of her family especially as she has two small children.

She said that the family has no problems with anyone. 

She went to the Pattaya police to report the incident and on Sunday contacted Sanook to appeal to the public for information that might lead to the arrest of the person who did it. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-18

4 hours ago, johng said:

Brake fluid can do that.

Did that to my own car many years ago as a teenager, had a stuck front brake caliper piston, took-off the caliper leaving the hose attached, slackened the bleed nipple and put a clamp on the piston.

Yeah "hindsight" is a great tool, when the piston released it sprayed fluid out as a fine mist, which caught in the wind and covered my front wing panel.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that the family has no problems with anyone.

that is simply impossible! somewhere somehow somedody dislikes you or is envious of your car..or even just a passer-by wanting to make life difficult for you

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Thais are very territorial.

I have noticed they like to lay claim too, to territory that is not actually theirs to own.

That may be true, but there's a lot of shop owners paying the local mafia for use of that property they don't really have a right to.  Very often, mafia in uniforms...

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 6:35 PM, champers said:
On 8/18/2020 at 2:47 PM, bbi1 said:

She sure makes a ton of money for a cashier! Who knew you could afford a MG on a cashier's salary, let alone a car!

Maybe it is a family car bought by her husband; not unheard of.

Or financed, the way most people do it.

Edited by Hi Tea

11 hours ago, mikebell said:

Suspect number 1 has to be the owner of the business she parked in front of.  I have had my car scratched from stem to stern.  On another occasion my back tire had a nail through a piece of wood inserted.  Thais are very territorial.

A Thai did it?

15 hours ago, mikebell said:

Suspect number 1 has to be the owner of the business she parked in front of.  I have had my car scratched from stem to stern.  On another occasion my back tire had a nail through a piece of wood inserted.  Thais are very territorial.

True

i had exactly the same experience in front of the White Inn hotel in Pattaya

(As you can see on the photos on google the hotel has ''privatised'' a part of the public street to turn it in a private parking with barriers),

A lot of place were available so i was thinking it was ok to park my scooter here, obviously the hotel guard wasnt' ok with that as  when i returned my back tire was flat.

150 bahts to change the inner tube, probably damaged with a knife, was the price of the lesson , never park in front of a business in Pattaya if you are not a customer of this business

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 2:36 PM, jacko45k said:

It might depend on where she parked and whether she used someone's spot, or was too close or some other  petty reason. Just had ( hour or so ago) someone park directly behind me blocking me and another car in, and I really don't understand why.

i  do ,  lazy , selfish,  <deleted>,  simple

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 2:42 PM, richard_smith237 said:

They don’t understand why either - they just do it without thinking... Their attitude is just ‘so what’.....

In this case, someone has a tin of paint remover (or brake fluid) at hand to cause damage.

If this person has had no arguments with anyone, then its either a case of mistaken identity or a parking feud amongst nearby restaurants. 

yep. we have just got to accept that some twisted folk are just plain ass holes.  Parked my car up one day; came back after 60 minutes to find all 4 of my tyres had been slashed, no rhyme nor reason to it, just plain vandalism.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1