Steve Bannon, key to Trump's rise, pleads not guilty to border-wall fraud charges

webfact

4 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

The overuse of adjectives is always a sure give away with trump and his supporters.  

It's the nervous tic of a shoddy salesperson.

Dead giveaway of a loser.

Appeals to the 30% who are rubes, saps, marks, susceptible to cults, etc.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Trump said. "I haven't dealt with him at all now for years, literally years."

sorry but won't believe you, a liar always a liar.....

an old saying  “Tell me who your friends are, I’ll tell you who you are.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Oops - it in fact isn't. I was getting her mixed up with Georgia congressional nominee Marjorie Taylor Greene, who is a supporter of the QAnon conspiracy theory and who Trump called a “future Republican Star” and “a real WINNER!”

It's one thing to laugh at their bs, but then when some poor, dumb sap gets pulled into it....

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-incited-her-to-kidnap-her-son-and-then-hid-her-from-the-law

• Like 2

Jesus, you Trumpers are delusional.

"Where's the evidence? Perfect timing, huh? That's not his yacht. Who said he had a yacht? The Left is really out to get him again, aren't they?" ????????????

Google "Steve Bannon wall". Every news org in the world is covering it. Yes it's all fake news, they're all out to get Trump.

Most of the fraud was committed by Bannon's disabled vet buddy, not Bannon himself, but certainly facilitated by him, with faked invoices and transactions tying the two.

Among these news sources, you will see pics of:

1) Bannon's vet buddy on his yacht.

2) Bannon's vet buddy's lovely wife, heavily modified with plastic.

3) Bannon's vet buddy's new Range Rover and souped up golf cart.

4) Bannon's vet buddy's renovated home.

With evidence showing these were all purchased with the proceeds from "We Build The Wall". Good ol' Conservative values. When it comes to money, conserve as much as you can for yourself.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme

13 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Jesus, you Trumpers are delusional.

"Where's the evidence? Perfect timing, huh? That's not his yacht. Who said he had a yacht? The Left is really out to get him again, aren't they?" ????????????

Google "Steve Bannon wall". Every news org in the world is covering it. Yes it's all fake news, they're all out to get Trump.

Most of the fraud was committed by Bannon's disabled vet buddy, not Bannon himself, but certainly facilitated by him, with faked invoices and transactions tying the two.

Among these news sources, you will see pics of:

1) Bannon's vet buddy on his yacht.

2) Bannon's vet buddy's lovely wife, heavily modified with plastic.

3) Bannon's vet buddy's new Range Rover and souped up golf cart.

4) Bannon's vet buddy's renovated home.

With evidence showing these were all purchased with the proceeds from "We Build The Wall". Good ol' Conservative values. When it comes to money, conserve as much as you can for yourself.

Actually, in monetary terms, most of the fraud was committed by Bannon. He kept most of the skimmed funds for himself.

20 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

don jr. is on videotape endorsing this bannon-led wall-athon.

He is now saying he didn't really know what it was about.

'What you guys are doing is amazing': Donald Trump Jr. spoke at an event for Steve Bannon's 'We Build the Wall' group, which federal prosecutors say defrauded donors out of millions

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-jr-was-guest-fundraising-event-group-bannon-arrested-2020-8

"This is what capitalism is all about. This is private enterprise at its finest. Doing it better, faster, cheaper than anything else. What you guys are doing is amazing," Trump Jr. said at the time, per the El Paso Times."

"A Facebook page run by the founder of the group in December 2019 ran an ad promising autographed copies of Trump Jr.'s book in exchange for donations."

https://www.businessinsider.fr/us/trump-jr-was-guest-fundraising-event-group-bannon-arrested-2020-8

On 8/21/2020 at 4:53 AM, webfact said:

Trump said. "I haven't dealt with him at all now for years, literally years."

it appears they had conversations/contact 2 weeks ago..... he can't live without deforming the truth (I didn't cal him a liar 555)

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 8:25 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

it's almost a perfect scam. Ask for money for something which won't make any difference.

And lots of people were apparently happy to pay lots of money for nothing in return.

If he would not have been arrested the donors would still be happy and he would be happy with all that money.

Now the donors are unhappy and he is unhappy. That's really sad. ???? 

Not to fret. I'm quite happy at the revelations,but hardly surprised. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 3:30 PM, TopDeadSenter said:

This is disappointing news. Conservatives have a soft spot for Bannon, he is regarded as one of the architects of the wildly successful MAGA movement that made the dated concepts of being rewarded for effort and entrepreneurship regardless of ethnicity, love of America, and traditional families "cool" again, and for that I thank him. Still, fraud is fraud. Hopefully he can get a fair trial although after the other botched investigations and trials recently this is questionable.

The run up to this election is feeling like a giant board game. This Bannon news is like landing on a snake, a big one at that. Yet the spectacular victory of the brilliant Ms Loomer in the Florida congressional primaries - nearly with double the number of votes than the next candidate, even after being doxed by the left and banned/cancelled from all social media was quite a ladder.

Hummmm........wonder if this is part of the reason (trumps)AG Billey Barr was trying to get this office silenced hummmmm only the best people............pathetic 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, candide said:

An interesting account of the achievements of "We build the Wall" ????

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/07/12/texas-border-wall-private/

Yes, very interesting: How Trump supporters finally "made him look bad".. and how his Administration  awarded the builder a $1.7 billion contract to build more walls. 

Trump says he disagreed.. 

Trump says he knows "nothing" about the project

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 6:31 PM, Benmart said:

The world has no shortage of dodgy characters.

On 8/20/2020 at 6:38 PM, stevenl said:

And Trump is making a good attempt to hire as many as he can for his campaign and administration.

Affirmative action for the grifters?

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2020 at 10:18 AM, cmarshall said:

Yes, but it is all but certain that the indictment came down because the previous US Attorney for the Southern District, Geoffrey Berman, resisted Barr's attempt to push him out a month or so ago.  The reason he gave was to protect certain ongoing investigations.  In the end Berman and Barr agreed to a compromise in which Berman would resign, but his duties would be taken over by his own assistant US Attorney, Audrey Strauss, in whom he had confidence.  So, Berman resigned and Strauss took over, not the stooge that Barr had picked presumably to sabotage the Bannon investigation and probably others like it.

Geoffrey Berman's integrity was a surprise to me, since prior to his appoint to the Southern District he was the law partner of Rudy Giuliani.  I expected him to be a hack, but he's not.  

Bannon, another sociopath like Trump, is now in a bind.  He was cast out of the WH, because he was quoted in Michael Wolf's book criticizing the Trump family.  So, he is still persona non grata to Trump.  In that situation, Bannon would be taking a big risk to refuse to cooperate with prosecutors in the expectation of an eventual pardon.  The better bet would be to sing his guts out, which is what I think he will do.

Thank you for this excellent analysis of the situation. If Bannon sings, I would guess that he might be able to produce a few arias concerning Trump himself.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:39 AM, Kelsall said:

Where does it say he bought a yacht?  Is that pic the yacht?  Or is your post fake news? ????

That’s the yacht he was busted on, this is the yacht the trump scammer bought. Please keep up.

EE7B1E65-8B2B-4FE1-8525-5AF2EA0CBA44.jpeg

Bannon is the eighth close Trump associate to be arrested or convicted of a crime, ....

Sounds like a criminal organization. Mafia style. And the upper mafia boss is caught by tax fraud at the latest. That would be it then. Not much is missing until the level of a banana republic is reached.

On 8/21/2020 at 1:23 PM, Sujo said:

I think Loomer is the one that refuses uber if its a muslim driver and after 2000 refugees drowned she wished for another 2000 to drown.

Yeah, that's the one. She is a conspiracy theorist - she has spread stories about mass school shootings being faked, promoted conspiracy theories about Ilhan Omar and has been banned from  Twitter,  Facebook,  Instagram,  Paypal,  Venmo, and GoFundMe  for violating their policies on hate speech (she's just not a QAnon supporter).

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Thanks 1