Is Thailand more dangerous now?

SCOTT FITZGERSLD

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I agree, don't come to Thailand. It's too dangerous here.

Bought a tear to my eye! remember the good old days when we actually had a choice?

Believe they called it "Freedom" :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I live in a small and safe village where everyone seems to know each other. Recently one of my wife's friends got burgled during the daytime, cash and jewellery was taken, and my wife goes around the house now locking the windows at night so it appears that something is going on.

I think it will get a lot worse in the coming months but as others have said assaults/muggings are still very rare, but opportunistic theft is something to be aware of.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

many experts believe the sky to thailand will open gradually during october

until fully opened in december, the world cannot stay closed forever.

I'm no expert, but even I can see the chances on any international travel this year is unlikely.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I live in a small and safe village where everyone seems to know each other. Recently one of my wife's friends got burgled during the daytime, cash and jewellery was taken, and my wife goes around the house now locking the windows at night so it appears that something is going on.

There you go, so the op's 'friend' was right! Stay behind that curtain op, it's like the wild west here now, I'm not leaving the house unless I really have to!

I am sure a lot depends on the area. I live in the tourist area of Sukhumvit. It is a lot quieter than usual but I don't think there is more crime here - at least I am not aware of it.

One reason might be that people without money will move away from expensive tourist areas.

I guess the situation in Pattaya will be different... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

My friend told me better not come to thailand this year as the COVID-19 made

it much more dangerous

Your so call friend is joking with you otherwise, what l would say about your friend would be deleted.

I don't think Thailand is anymore dangerous crime wise than before COVID.  We have traveled about in Thailand the last two months and haven't noticed any increased danger.  Walked from Asoke BTS to Nana Son 4 on Wednesday eve and very quiet.  No T shirts sales but lots of toy and kamagra street-side vendors.  The most danger we face is driving the back to our house 2 hours up country which hasn't changed a bit.