Sep 26 Amnesty ends.

What's about to happen on the 26Sep remains to be seen.Will it be just another fiasco of sort yet again? Or will the fan finally hits the ceiling.Exodus of "Farangs" from Thailand.I pray not in all honesty. It's another fellow human being we are talking about. Perhaps Chan Mali Chan makes a u-turn once again. So, stay if u must or leave it to the Courts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 1

Just too much to do before even thinking about getting out. I'm ready to leave it till the last 72 hours. 

In the meantime I'll pay upfront on a loaf of sevices so the Mrs can concentrate on our little boy.

It is what it is and and all we can do is be prepared, my straight akela told me that at a campsite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Just too much to do before even thinking about getting out. I'm ready to leave it till the last 72 hours. 

In the meantime I'll pay upfront on a loaf of sevices so the Mrs can concentrate on our little boy.

It is what it is and and all we can do is be prepared, my straight akela told me that at a campsite.

Nice comment, of course in the new order of Mowglization .

"I'll pay upfront on a loaf of sevices" as ever there's always bread involved if you want your daily oats.

I know that VISAS for many people are the only way to go for staying in Thailand.

But there are loads of people living here on just stupid VISAS, instead of doing a yearly extension, when they actually can do that......

glegolo

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Caldera said:

I think in September it would come too late for most. As immigration told affected foreigners to "get out or extend", most will have done one or the other by late September, as the prospect of overstay is looming.

Not me, I'm waiting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not me, I'm waiting.

You've mentioned that and I would probably do the same, if I were in your situation. You have a non-immigrant visa entry, put the money in the bank for seasoning and can extend on the last working day of the amnesty if need be. I cannot do the same.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Caldera said:

Such a pay to stay scheme would have been great if they had said towards the end of June that they won't extend the amnesty beyond July 31st but will transition to paid-for extensions. People could have planned with that and I guess a good number of those who were still in Thailand would have gone for it.

I think in September it would come too late for most. As immigration told affected foreigners to "get out or extend", most will have done one or the other by late September, as the prospect of overstay is looming.

well said. Your intelligence is clearly shown here.

6 hours ago, barry553 said:

I tried to get a marriage visa extension, had the income proof and all paperwork, but they said we cant do it. You have to pay 15000 baht to do it, it will be a secret they said. I said no and tried again a few days later. This time they wanted 20000 to get a visa through being a parent. I just got so angry they are trying to get money out of people in difficult times like this. I tried but now I don't know what to do.

What city/office did this happen at?

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, phungo said:

What city/office did this happen at?

Did you have all these documents at the point of submission?

1. Application Form (T.M. 7)
2. A copy of your passport
3. Financial proof such as:
3.1 Tax Certificate Por.Ngor.Dor.1, Por.Ngor.Dor.91
3.2 The applicant’s 2×2 inches photo.
3.3 Income affidavit from the embassy if using 40,000 THB proof of monthly income
3.4 Bank Statement together with a certified letter from the bank if using 400,000 THB money as a financial proof.
4. Copy of Marriage Certificate.
5. Affirmation of freedom to marry
6. Copy of House Registration. (Thai National Spouse)
7. Copy of I.D. (Thai National Spouse)
8. Copy of Birth Certificate (If there is any children)
9. Proof of address
10. Signed map of address
11. photos of the house with the applicant and wife in all rooms of the house and some photos takes outside the front door showing the house/flat number