Black man shot in back by police in Wisconsin city, governor says, curfew imposed

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There are... It's a thing countless black parents tell their children these days.... in hopes of avoiding having them killed by police. Almost like the bird & bees ritual.

But perhaps there also should be some program to teach American police to stop killing black people who aren't posing any life threatening danger to those around them...

Ditto!!!spot on all the kids of color get the (talk) some of them are sick of the profiling and act out not smart but it shouldn’t cost you your life all they want is a square deal 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Perhaps there could be some program in minority neighborhoods to educate them on what to do if stopped by a police officer?

While they are at it defund the police so neanderthals dont shoot black people as a norm. Send professionals in de escalation in.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Oh no the NBA has weighed in and won't play ball this year. I really have learned my lesson now.

They are in unity. Perhaps trump supporters could learn a thing instead of division instead of whitesplaining.

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

They are in unity. Perhaps trump supporters could learn a thing instead of division instead of whitesplaining.

What I am laughing about here is the boycott mainly hurts their own community. It is misguided to say the least. There is an empty sucking sound coming out of the bank accounts of predominantly black players.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cryingdick said:

There is... it's called lengthy prison sentences if found guilty. People are acting like there is no prosecution going on. 

Most of the time, when it comes to these kinds of cases, there aren't prosecutions going on:

A timeline of 1,944 Black Americans killed by police

Black Americans are more likely to be killed by police. The police are rarely held accountable.

Regardless of the race of the victim, convictions in cases of police killings are incredibly rare. Of all the police killings documented in that seven-year period, Mapping Police Violence data found that only 1 percent of the cases led to a conviction. Our analysis of the data found that roughly 2.6 percent of the cases led to charges.

https://www.vox.com/2020/6/30/21306843/black-police-killings

Police, prosecutors and judges are all part of the "criminal justice system" together. Prosecutors depend on cooperation from police in making successful prosecutions to make their own records look good. If prosecutors make things hard on abusive police in many communities, they may find themselves getting the cold shoulder with their cases, and then have the police union at election time accusing them of not supporting law enforcement.  That's the way the current system works... So in too many instances, prosecutors are reluctant to hold the police to account except in the most egregious cases.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Chris is a funny guy.. But the sad part about that video is... people who aren't polite with police or who play loud music or who may even just run away in fear don't deserve to get beaten by a gang of baton-wielding police, as shown in his video.

Police have rules of conduct under the law and their own department policies. And generally speaking, those don't include beating suspects to a pulp or shooting them to death because some officer feels disrespected or a citizen does something stupid during the encounter.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Chris is a funny guy.. But the sad part about that video is... people who aren't polite with police or who play loud music or who may even just run away in fear don't deserve to get beaten by a gang of baton-wielding police, as shown in his video.

But that's the whole beauty, er irony, of Chris' humor: You're going to get clubbed by the police just for acting black. Whites and blacks laugh at this piece for different reasons, which in itself says a lot about today's society.

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Police have rules of conduct under the law and their own department policies. And generally speaking, those don't include beating suspects to a pulp or shooting them to death because some officer feels disrespected or a citizen does something stupid during the encounter.

Whatever the law says, it is generally accepted if you run from a cop you are in for an ass beating at the least. What you do with that information is up to the individual. A lot of us don't test the law and see if it works out.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Whatever the law says, it is generally accepted if you run from a cop you are in for an ass beating at the least.

No, it's not generally accepted, and any professional officer in the U.S. would tell you that. You've been watching too many cop movies...

Police policy generally allows the use of force only sufficient to subdue a suspect who is still resisting -- not to then turn around and impose some kind of brutal police street justice after the fact.

That said, as recent headlines illustrate all too sadly, not all police act professionally and within policy, and too many are allowed to get away with that too often and for too long with no consequences.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

Whenever I go back to America I am very leery of the police, and I am a white man who does not fit a profile of someone who is any danger to the cops, yet I am always very cautious around them. There are an astonishing number of police in America who are violent, trigger happy, and just itching for a fight,

I attempt to be kind and friendly to the police but in Los Angeles especially, there is absolutely nothing in the way of reciprocity, they are largely hostile, hateful and very, very disrespectful toward the community. I'm sure there are some police departments that are better. I used to like NYPD when I live there. I could actually talk to the officers and they acted like human beings, but there are many police departments in America where that's just not the case.

While I don't have a lot of respect for the Thai police, due to their unwillingness to engage in law enforcement, I do find most of them to be fairly decent guys who are easy to talk to and joke with. That is not the case in America, a lot of those guys are a very nasty piece of work. Armed to the teeth, overly militarized and completely detached from the communities "they serve". 

The major issue that seems to be preventing reform there, are the highly toxic police unions. 

Edited by spidermike007

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Whenever I go back to America I am very leery of the police, and I am a white man who does not fit a profile of someone who is any danger to the cops, yet I am always very cautious around them.

When you will see all humans dirt day by day like they see will you stay kind and soft?

Edited by anyone
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, anyone said:

When you will see all humans dirt day by day like they see will you stay kind and soft?

Not the point the member was making - it's no skin off the nose to be civil to members of the public as well as contributes to less alienation of law enforcement

“family trouble.”  and ''violent criminal'' are miles apart, how many white men have been shot seven times in the back because he had a domestic with his wife? and with all this white supremacy involving most of the police force's it says enough and it needs to change. unless  these protests/riots will be the new norm. 

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

Anyway, the people the kid shot were a real classy bunch. A registered sex offender with crimes against a minor. Skateboard guy has a record of battery and repeat domestic abuse. Arm Hamburger pistol guy has a history of being intoxicated with a gun - which is ironic because that means it’s likely illegal for him to even own one. 

And here we go again with the lies and the deflection!

a) the kid was not randomly chased by an angry mob! He killed someone and tried to flee the scene! The crowd was trying to stop him!

I know: minor, mostly irrelevant point, in the eyes of right wingers!

Because...

b) unless the registered sex- offender tried to rape the shooter, his past has NOTHING to do with this case!

c) also the history of the second guy does not matter one bit, unless he was intoxicated during the incident!

d) talking about illegal: is it legal for a 17 year old to purchase and own a riffle, like the one in question?

Which is way more relevant than the past of the 2 protesters, because with that gun an ACTUAL CRIME was committed!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Could have dropped the knife when he was shot.

Then what is the relevance of him, reaching into the car?

Did he have a second, bigger knife there?

Also: if he dropped the knife, when he was shot, he posed no threat at all, because -as you may remember - he was shot FROM BEHIND!

Waiting for mor bogus theories!

Please- entertain me!

Edited by Saint Nick
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

On top of them being violent people and sex offender/paedo - they were out offer curfew and tossing molotovs, bashing cars, and burning business’s. These are the people you are choosing to defend. 

I can not fathom how you justify that, but up to you. 

Because none of that, justifies a 17 year old to get a gun, drive in from outerstate and shoot at people!

What is so hard to understand about that?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Perhaps there could be some program in minority neighborhoods to educate them on what to do if stopped by a police officer?

Or...hear me out, I know it is acrazy idea...police could get better training and not give every wannabe John Wayne a gub abd tell them, every black person is potentially a thread?!

Naaaah...that can't be it!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

There is... it's called lengthy prison sentences if found guilty. People are acting like there is no prosecution going on. 

Brianna Taylor...shot in her home while being black, when some undercover cops did a (likely illegal) drug raid!

3 months ago...no prosecution!

Or maybe you remember thsi case: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Philando_Castile

Cop was aquitted of all charges, after he shot castile, who 101% complyed with everything the cop asked for and still ended up dead, shot through the window of the driver's seat, in front of his girlfriend and his child, who were in the car!

People act like that for a reason!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

What I am laughing about here is the boycott mainly hurts their own community. It is misguided to say the least. There is an empty sucking sound coming out of the bank accounts of predominantly black players.

It's not a "boycott"- it's a strike!

Looks the same, but is very different!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Because none of that, justifies a 17 year old to get a gun, drive in from outerstate and shoot at people!

What is so hard to understand about that?

He shouldn’t have done that, and he’s gonna pay a price for it, but as far as “shooting people” goes - that was self defense. No matter the circumstances, every person has the right to defend themselves from a violent mob of psychos. 

What’s so hard to understand about that?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Then what is the relevance of him, reaching into the car?

Read the reports. His knife was on the floormat. That's why in the video he is leaning down, no doubt retrieving the knife. They should teach the police how to pistol whip in these situations -- would save a bullet and thousand of man hours managing a riot.

31 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

a) the kid was not randomly chased by an angry mob! He killed someone and tried to flee the scene! The crowd was trying to stop him!

Video says otherwise. The first shooting that happened, he was not the first to open fire. 

He was engaged first. 

I have been over this 10 billion times in this thread and people are going to believe whatever they WANT to believe, even in the face of insurmountable video evidence to the contrary. 

• Like 2