Thailand presses ahead with plans to turn prisons into tourist attractions

webfact

Tourists you are welcome to have a tour of our prisons where TB is rife along with other undesirable diseases . Is this minister for real of has April Fools day been moved to August . All the billboards and TV advertising say Amazing Thailand now I know why nothing ceases to amaze me . 

The "authorities" never fails to give me a good laugh, every day!

Keep it up, I need another laugh tomorrov morning again, with

my coffee. And in the afternoon, having another laugh with my friends

(both Thais and Farangs) about the hard work the big guys are doing,

to make this beautiful country look like, well, we don`t know.

It`s hard to make everything makebelieve, but there it is!

Cheers! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand presses ahead with plans to turn prisons into tourist attractions

Why stop there? Make it mandatory! :thumbsup:

And here is another potential attraction: Visit cabinet minsters' workplaces, where you can witness the birth of mind-boggling ideas firsthand, the ultimate in vacation experiences - these memories will provide entertainment for your friends decades from now...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Justice minister Somsak Thepsuthin is pressing ahead with his new initiative - to promote Thailand's prisons as tourist destinations. 

Now when tourists are let out of their own detention

Great they can go from one detention centre straight into another one.... brilliant idea!

That'll pull a few million in...

Thailand should really start a new breeding programme, they desperately need a prolific and sustained injection into the gene pool.

We foreigners have been doing the best we can but this is getting serious.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Disgraceful. Thai prisons are places of terrible hardship and suffering. Anyone wanting to go visit is just sick, and promoting visits is disgraceful. The only thing I am sure about is that it will be a revenue raiser, as if the jails didn't fleece its inmates enough already.

I wonder what kind of " Tourists " would even want to visit a Thai Prison. My guess is that there are some really perverse individuals that would relish seeing the suffering inflicted in these places.

It certainly would not be on top of my list of must see destinations in Thailand.

The Prisons will almost certainly be Covid " Hotspots " in the future, due to the rampant overcrowding and lack of basic hygiene needs in most.

• Like 1

So you get to pay to come to Thailand and stay in your hotel prison for two weeks and then you can pay to see where you could have been staying if the government hadn’t been looking out for you ! ????

How many lady drinks was he buying when he rang the bell ? ????

22 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I wonder what kind of " Tourists " would even want to visit a Thai Prison. My guess is that there are some really perverse individuals that would relish seeing the suffering inflicted in these places.

It certainly would not be on top of my list of must see destinations in Thailand.

The Prisons will almost certainly be Covid " Hotspots " in the future, due to the rampant overcrowding and lack of basic hygiene needs in most.

The chinese would be up for this, if you have seen how they behave in theme parks, zoo's, swimming pools, tourist attractions in general.

Definetley up their street

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

It does make you wonder that any revenue generated from this would be used to make the inmates lives more bearable or to line someone else's pocket.... 

Nothing to wonder about, the answer is very clear. 

7 hours ago, sapson said:

Comedy gold from the nutters every week, billions of baht on obsolete submarines, cops to visit the parents of a kindergarten toddler and now prisons as a tourist attraction.

They must sit around with their crack pipes totally stoned to come up with this lunacy.

Nope, it just comes naturally without having effort. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PatOngo said:

The only thing attractive about visiting a Thai prison would be to see all the corrupt, crooked grubs who ever put their filthy hands in the national and local coffers and stole from the common people lined up behind bars like the common criminals they really are! That would attract me!

Well don't hold your breath ????

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Justice minister Somsak Thepsuthin is pressing ahead with his new initiative - to promote Thailand's prisons as tourist destinations. 

have been wondering,  where the heck they find these (government) people, for a change can't they find some with a little bit of a brain

3 hours ago, lensta said:

Actually it is a clever plan by cha cha. He has worked out that if he surrounds himself with absolute f.....ing idiots, then it makes him look smarter. What a brilliant plan. Not.

Could we change his name to Baldrick who is always full of clever plans ????

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Hmmm.

So the millions of people who visit the Nazi death camps in Europe are sick?

Sorry, don't think so.

Think that is an entirely different scenerio, well to most people anyway.