Woman who'd been drinking all night goes through red light and kills "win" bike passenger

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Narinthip said she stopped and was scared. She never thought she would kill anyone. She said she would take full responsibility saying she had already sent 15,000 baht to the dead woman's family. 

And therein lays the issue. "they don't think" after drinking all night it's fine to drive home.

I hope she gets manslaughter and 10 years in jail to keep thinking about her actions !

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

They are the fake transfer stickers that make it look like your cars been shot up.  Some people think its cool, instead its a reflection of the view the cars owners have on society, where they believe they are just showing that they are survivors of a violent society. 

It's difficult for me to think anyone using these decals is making any deep social statement, but just trying to be funny, a lot like the spring antenna or the fuzzy ears on their motocy helmets.

Edited by Dap
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I don't think she understands what full responsibility means. 15,000 is just a laughable number to even begin to make amends.

Full responsibility means going to jail and stumping up a whole lot more than a paltry $500. What is worse of course is the fact that this happens day in, day out and the herd never learn.

She needs to "friend" Red Bull "Boss". He knows how to fix it....maybe.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Narinthip said she stopped and was scared. She never thought she would kill anyone. She said she would take full responsibility saying she had already sent 15,000 baht to the dead woman's family. 

lock her up, driving under the influence it's a danger to society, this time she killed one (RIP) how many would she will kill next time

8 hours ago, darksidedog said:
8 hours ago, webfact said:

She said she would take full responsibility saying she had already sent 15,000 baht to the dead woman's family. 

I don't think she understands what full responsibility means. 15,000 is just a laughable number to even begin to make amends.

Full responsibility means going to jail and stumping up a whole lot more than a paltry $500. What is worse of course is the fact that this happens day in, day out and the herd never learn.

She didn't say that was all she was going to do, that wasn't even the suggestion, in fact, the wording suggests that the B15k was just initial compensation.

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

They are the fake transfer stickers that make it look like your cars been shot up.  Some people think its cool, instead its a reflection of the view the cars owners have on society, where they believe they are just showing that they are survivors of a violent society. 

Back in the UK in the 1960s/70s there used to be go faster stripes, Tony the Esso Tiger tails sticking out of the fuel tank cover or the boot.

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

... Tony the Esso Tiger tails sticking out of the fuel tank cover or the boot.

We had those in the US as well.  "Put a tiger in your tank."

Good way to cover a dent:

image.jpeg.baca49daa32015151da63ec08e927057.jpeg

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, petedk said:

A tragic story.

As you say "and the herd never learn." It is like a herd immunity to road accidents. No one cares that 50 - 70 people die every day on the roads, but you see everyone wearing face masks as they are terrified of the coronavirus.

'50 - 70 people die every day'

'Bout the same as in the US of A - from guns -

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

And therein lays the issue. "they don't think" after drinking all night it's fine to drive home.

I hope she gets manslaughter and 10 years in jail to keep thinking about her actions !

I love the way people frame it as "they don't think".  As if the 1000's of foreigners polishing barstools every night don't do the same.  And worse.  In fairness, there's a lot fewer foreigners, and a lot of them don't even own vehicles in country.  But I can't count the number of guys I've seen crawl down from their barstool, hop in the car and drive off.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, impulse said:

But I can't count the number of guys I've seen crawl down from their barstool, hop in the car and drive off.

But do they go through red lights and kill people on the way home? No, they don't.

11 hours ago, petedk said:

A tragic story.

As you say "and the herd never learn." It is like a herd immunity to road accidents. No one cares that 50 - 70 people die every day on the roads, but you see everyone wearing face masks as they are terrified of the coronavirus.

I think deaths are far higher then 50-70 a day as this figure only includes people who die at the scene of the accident and does not include those who pass away in the ambulance or at hospital so the true number attributed to road accidents could easily exceed 100 a day. 

Edited by Patts
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patts said:

I think deaths are far higher then 50-70 a day as this figure only includes people who die at the scene of the accident and does not include those who pass away in the ambulance or at hospital so the true number attributed to road accidents could easily exceed 100 a day. 

All facts and figures are false in Thailand so I agree with you. It's impossible to get a straight answer to the most basic of questions in Thailand without being lied to. Ask someone with a watch on what the time is, they'll say they don't know. Ask a noodle soup vendor carrying a massive fanny pack of coins to change a 100 baht note, they'll say they don't have. Ask a Thai person what colour the sky is and they'll tell you purple polka-dots.  

Edited by SteveK

9 hours ago, impulse said:

I love the way people frame it as "they don't think".  As if the 1000's of foreigners polishing barstools every night don't do the same.  And worse.  In fairness, there's a lot fewer foreigners, and a lot of them don't even own vehicles in country.  But I can't count the number of guys I've seen crawl down from their barstool, hop in the car and drive off.

"They don't think" encapsulates everyone who drinks & drive, I didn't single out any nationality.

13 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

She didn't say that was all she was going to do, that wasn't even the suggestion, in fact, the wording suggests that the B15k was just initial compensation.

How dare someone infer that a person who drinks all night and then drives through a red light isn't a decent person?

Oh, the shame! Why are people not assuming this 15k is merely a taster of the sweet deal that the deceased's family will be getting. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Sad 1

Unfortunately this kind "accident" happen every day in Thailand! If guilty person have enough money and happening not go to puplic notice (news). She or he never go to jail! Pay victim's family and police, case closed! Sick but true! This kind never end here if some people always think they can get away whit money!

Edited by 2 is 1

In England, we're scared to do it because they have a very clever idea - TRAFFIC POLICE driving around in cars. They stop people and breathalyse them... I was always nervous going in to town in the car in the evening when pubs were open, there would be police lurking all over the place.

In Thailand, police have a more interesting approach, standing at junctions all day and sleep all evening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

Report a drunk driver get 3000 reward. May work

Make it 10,000 baht per report, payable in cash by the driver. Of course the driver must pay but if it is a false report then the person who reports it gets fined 10,000 baht also. 5,000 to the innocent driver and 5,000 to the police station where the officer is stationed.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

On 8/25/2020 at 9:48 PM, SteveK said:
On 8/25/2020 at 8:55 PM, impulse said:

But I can't count the number of guys I've seen crawl down from their barstool, hop in the car and drive off.

But do they go through red lights and kill people on the way home? No, they don't.

Well... not recently anyway.