Giving up on Pattaya

aussiexpat

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes Leo is the preferred choice of the retired pensioner, personally my first choice is a large Singh then Tiger. I don't get why they want lower alcohol beer, maybe drink less instead 

I drink quite fast, drinking less or slower seems to go against nature! I always put that down to my younger days in Northern UK where beer was drank in pints and it was usually under 4%, and many of them. I have been caught out by stronger brews many a time.... my god, my introduction to the old Chang still gives me a dread of it. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I drink quite fast, drinking less or slower seems to go against nature! I always put that down to my younger days in Northern UK where beer was drank in pints and it was usually under 4%, and many of them. I have been caught out by stronger brews many a time.... my god, my introduction to the old Chang still gives me a dread of it. 

Older Ozzie’s will recall the 6 oclock closing days which meant downing as many as possible in those final 15 minutes! 

On 10/8/2020 at 8:45 AM, aussiexpat said:

I can honestly say no-one has ever said that about me lol

Maybe I only frequent bars that cater to Aussies and their well known thirst for ice cold beer ????

20201008_114402.jpg

Aussie, my guess is you smoke at least half a pack of cigs per day.  The reason I state that, is because otherwise you would be able to taste that both Singh's light and tiger light are as bad as it gets, and once a beer has frozen, it has a life of about an hour to be thawed and consumed.  The ice makes it expand just enough to break the seal and make it flat.  But, hey, the Thais do it.... The only pub within a mile of me that serves cold beer, has an old energy hog cooler that partially freezes them, which might be ok, but then they shut it off overnight (many pubs are closed for 15-18 hours per day), and the cycle repeats.  So you never know how many times it was frozen and thawed, but it was basically ruined after the first.  

Edited by moontang

7 minutes ago, moontang said:

Aussie, my guess is you smoke at least half a pack of cigs per day.  The reason I state that, is because otherwise you would be able to taste that both Singh's light and tiger light are as bad as it gets, and once a beer has frozen, it has a life of about an hour to be thawed and consumed.  The ice makes it expand just enough to break the seal and make it flat.  But, hey, the Thais do it....

Figure u dont own an esky! ????

24 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Figure u dont own an esky! ????

Of course, I own two eskies, a nine can and a 15 can.  Brought them 15000 km to BKK.  The nine hold 6x490 ml perfectly.  Unless it is packed with snow or tiny ice is used, they never freeze.

IMG_20200527_181812.jpg

IMG_20200106_175202.jpg

Edited by moontang

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The thing is you don't get people coming on here and blowing their trumpet about how much they have lost and there are many. Many just got lucky with the exchange rate and make a currency profit, same if they'd held the money in a bank

But, you don't hear from most of the life-long renters, who missed opportunity after opportunity to buy low during the past 20-50 years.

This is the last single family house I bought in the USA, in 2010...its value has increased 1000% since then.  Nothing extraordinary happened, at all, unless you consider 51c this Summer extraordinary.  And yes, that is 1000, not 100.

Screenshot_20201011-131418.png

Edited by moontang

1 hour ago, moontang said:

Aussie, my guess is you smoke at least half a pack of cigs per day.  The reason I state that, is because otherwise you would be able to taste that both Singh's light and tiger light are as bad as it gets, and once a beer has frozen, it has a life of about an hour to be thawed and consumed.  The ice makes it expand just enough to break the seal and make it flat.  But, hey, the Thais do it.... 

First off, never smoked a cigarette in my life, more importantly, the ice is on the outside of the beer in the pic I added. There was no ice in the beer itself, that would be crazy ????

24 minutes ago, Susco said:

Let me guess, the increase in value was realized by flattening the dump?

Nope, there were no structural changes to the house, built in 1946.  Lot is 700 sm.

Screenshot_20201011-141025.png

Edited by moontang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, moontang said:

Nope, there were no structural changes to the house, built in 1946.  Lot is 700 sm.

Screenshot_20201011-141025.png

Looks much better on this photo

new paint, new windows and a start of a garden have a real visual effect

however for this price i would expect the wall on the side be finished

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 1:35 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Yes Leo is the preferred choice of the retired pensioner, personally my first choice is a large Singh then Tiger. I don't get why they want lower alcohol beer, maybe drink less instead 

The three that you mentioned are all 5%. People drink weaker beer because they like to drink beer. Nothing worse than stretching a couple out to avoid suffering later. 

Well yes plenty worse things, but... 

4 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Meanwhile, giving up on Pattaya a pretty good choice this week. Only hoop I have to jump through is write my name and address when I enter a bar or restaurant on the Covid free Gold Coast.

That is all have to do here, and I am in Pattaya and know where I would rather be.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The thing is you don't get people coming on here and blowing their trumpet about how much they have lost and there are many. Many just got lucky with the exchange rate and make a currency profit, same if they'd held the money in a bank

The guy who bought it for 12 mil last September was keeping very quiet this recent September past.

8 minutes ago, rott said:

Just needs a decent bit of pebbledash to finish it off. 

Heard it called pink rock or river rock around there.  There is a large pool company called Pebbbletec that specializes in a pulverized rock finish, which is a big improvement over bare concrete.  May do the rock lawn in the new Wyoming house.  4 feet of snow and 15 inches of rain per year, but whiskey is for drinking and water is for fighting..Twain.