New from US Embassy: "Official extension stamp" to change to long-term visa

5 minutes ago, The33 said:

Went to IO yesterday, and was told to get a letter from my embassy, and they would extend my visa 30 days, starting from the 26th. unfortunately the Norwegian embassy does not want to give this letter asking for an extension due to the pandemic...

HI, what's your Visa situation? 

When and on which Visa did you enter Thailand, and what was the permission to stay date stamped in your passport on that last entry?

Did you already apply for any extensions since that last entry, and if so what was the permission to stay it provided?

You are Norwegian, but what is your age and are you married to a thai national or have thai dependent children?

Do you have foreign income and if so would it meet the +65K or +40K tressholds for a retirement c.q. marriage Embassy income letter?

What is your IO and did you enquire already there about your options (if so what was their repsonse besides the special Embassy letter they mentioned)?

>> On the basis of the above possible options for remaining in Thailand could be determined.

17 minutes ago, The33 said:

Went to IO yesterday, and was told to get a letter from my embassy, and they would extend my visa 30 days, starting from the 26th. unfortunately the Norwegian embassy does not want to give this letter asking for an extension due to the pandemic... Even tho Thai immigration are doing this, actually showing some understanding for us having families/young children here by gracefully giving this option, the Norwegian embassy is more than happy to split families up for no reason.. We will see if they turn around after the Norwegian media has been told about this, like many already know, the Norwegian children-services has been convicted tons of times over these last few years by the European court system in Haag for splitting children from there parents for no valid reason, here they are doing it again, seems to be something the Norwegian government like to do, just to prove their power over their citizens! The Norwegian government is such a disgrace, you guys should be happy you arent from this <deleted>ty little country of mine..! 

Were you trying to covert to a non-0 etc. or just get a +30 amnesty extension? 

5 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

HI, what's your Visa situation? 

When and on which Visa did you enter Thailand, and what was the permission to stay date stamped in your passport on that last entry?

Did you already apply for any extensions since that last entry, and if so what was the permission to stay it provided?

You are Norwegian, but what is your age and are you married to a thai national or have thai dependent children?

Do you have foreign income and if so would it meet the +65K or +40K tressholds for a retirement c.q. marriage Embassy income letter?

What is your IO and did you enquire already there about your options (if so what was their repsonse besides the special Embassy letter they mentioned)?

>> On the basis of the above possible options for remaining in Thailand could be determined.

As many others, Im struggling with my visa-situation these days, and would appreciate all the help, input I can get.. Just got back from IO in Nonthaburi frustrated as ...., but I will try to stay accurate and avoid foul language..

I became a father in December, my partner is Thai, so my daughter is mixed, with for now, only Thai passport for now.. Our plan was to travel back to my home-country when she was big and healthy enough to travel, then covid came around, and my tourist visa expired just days before the amnesty came in to play, so I had to extend, had the paper from my embassy, everything in order to get my "emergency visa"-extension..

As I was talking with the immigration officer, he mentioned and convinced me that it would be better for me doing the 60 day extension to visit my daughter, rather than the 30 day emergency visa, which meant that I would have to go home, to return with my daughter the day after as she had to be there, photographed, etc... Which put me on 1 day overstay, but like the IO said, "its only 500 Baht, no problem for you.."

Well, today it is! As I had 1 day overstay when making that extension, I was told today that I cant transfer to a non o, or any other visa, and now having to leave the country before the 26. of September.. This IO have apparently ruined my chances of staying here taking care of my daughter which is now soon to be 8 months, and having to leave the country means I wont be able to see her for god knows how long...! 

According to the IO there is no option for me, no way of doing it, I would just have to leave the country because of what I look at as their mistake, if he had just given me the emergency visa, instead of his great advice, it wouldnt be a problem today..

This "helpful officer" hasnt been there since the transfer of the 2 allegedly corrupted officers at Nonthaburi not too long ago, which makes me curious if he was one of them, setting me up to make more money of me later on..? He must have known this was gonna create issues for me later on, for sure..!

So like every other frustrated and concerned foreigner on here, any thoughts or advice would be highly appreciated! (I am considering an agent, of course, I would do anything to stay  with my daughter, not miss out on her growing up, but is that 1 day overstay gonna be an issue using them as well..??) 

Usually Ive experienced the immigration at Nonthaburi as pretty helpful, and most of them even service-minded, but my experience from today wan the complete opposite, still got that smile, but still so careless and cold-hearted! 30 day extension using a letter from the embassy wasnt an option neither, as one nice IO-lady in the hallway suggested, but when I went back to ask by the counter it was a cold, fat, no! ???? 

Explained my situation in another thread earlier, so I just copy/pasted this here now... I went to IO in Nonthaburi and explained my situation again on Monday as mentioned, and the officer seemed to be willing to help me out this time after I explained this again, showed her all the papers, the letter from my embassy that I brought on the expiration date of the visa I was on at that time, to prove that I was tricked into 1 day overstay by one of their officers, and as long as I could provide a letter from my embassy she would give me the 30 days (but my embassy wont provide me with the letter...) Was on Tourist visa earlier, which was extended for the 60 days dependent child-extension, sorry, I dont know all the right terms for the different visas...  not married, 35, so I dont qualify for any retirement visa, pretty sure I have transferred more than the 40 k into my Thai-account from abroad for all of the last 12 months...  But I cant change for another visa because of that one day overstay.. I was so happy going back from immi on Monday, thinking that I finally had a chance to get to stay, wrote my embassy an email asking them to provide me with a letter, but woke up with a no in my inbox Tuesday morning..  The visa that their officer tricked me into the one day overstay to have the 60 day extension instead of the 30 day "covid-extension" expired on the 30th. of May..

So now Im back to square one, no clue what to do.. I guess what I will end up with, is taking my family out of Thailand, to a third country that allow all of us in, just not sure which country that might be.. Leaving my daughter and partner, just return here in 6-7 months again with a total expense of 2-300 k is not gonna happen.. So the way I look at it now, Thai immigration are pushing me out, which also means 2 of their own citizens are pushed out too... Either that, or splitting up a family with a young toddler... What was supposed to be a miracle for us, trying to have a baby for years, has now turned into a nightmare instead... If it wasnt for my daughter, I could actually understand why people end up doing a dive from the balcony... The way the authorities are playing with peoples life and families are f..... ..!

Edited by The33

12 hours ago, The33 said:

... the Norwegian embassy is mo for splitting childrenre than happy to split families up for no reason ... We will see if they turn around after the Norwegian media has been told about this, ...

You have my full understanding, but please consider who has allowed you to be here. If you are not here on behalf of Norway, you will not make friends in the country you have left.

So much of this stuff is incomprehensible.

Why does a letter from your embassy even even matter? Why ask for it, why not just give everyone the benefit? If you are an embassy, why not just send them out? What on earth is the actual, effective difference between a person who has one of these letters and one who does not? 

15 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

Why does a letter from your embassy even even matter? Why ask for it, why not just give everyone the benefit? If you are an embassy, why not just send them out? What on earth is the actual, effective difference between a person who has one of these letters and one who does not? 

The letter is mostly for this special 30 day extension if you do not qualify for a another one.

image.png.441ea92748447f7a0e04581382c969f7.png

12 hours ago, The33 said:

As many others, Im struggling with my visa-situation these days, and would appreciate all the help, input I can get.. Just got back from IO in Nonthaburi frustrated as ...., but I will try to stay accurate and avoid foul language..

Wow, what a dreadful situation you are in because of this combination of bureaucracy, incompetence and lack of empathy.  < your post #273 >

Indeed you cannot apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage or dependant child, when you have overstayed.  The requirements feature the phrase > IF YOU HAVE OVERSTAYED, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR THIS TYPE OF VISA.

And so this 1 (!) day overstay that Nonthaburi officer tricked you into with his ill-advice, is now the main obstacle.

But I would challenge that interpretation with 2 arguments.

1 - Afaik it states nowhere in the IO rules/regulations how long that overstay remains applicable!

I don't speak/write Thai but I can even imagine that it might even be a 'bad translation' and that it simply states that you cannot apply when you are on overstay (which would indeed make sense).  But in your case, you have applied for the 60-day extension of stay which regularized your situation again, and you are presently on the Amnesty extension (or rather the automatically extended permission to stay).

Would this 1-day overstay 'haunt' you till end of times to apply for a Non Imm O Visa?  That is clearly incorrect and I would therefore challenge that overstay interpretation.

2 - The Announcement by Immigration re the Amnesty clearly stated that there would be no overstay during the period from March 26 till September 26. 

So how can IO reject your application for 'overstay' when there is no such thing as overstay during the Amnesty?

Imo it is largely due to lack of willingness from the Nonthaburi IO (who have a reputation as being the roguest of all rogue offices) to handle your application.

I would suggest going again and pleading your case.  But don't talk to a desk officer.  Ask to talk to the officer in charge of the IO, as he/she has the discretionary power to provide leniency when not being able to meet the requirements due to circumstances.  

And in case they stay adamant and refuse to handle your application, you might consider temporary/administratively relocating to a different province with a more accommodating IO.

But time is running out for you, because a 90-day Non Imm O Visa requires that you apply for it with at least 15 days left on your permission to stay, which means that 11 September is the deadline to apply for that Visa.  And with 4 and 7 September being Thai holidays, you have only 4 working-days left for doing such application.

Considering the above, it would probably be best - after having tried one last time at your IO - to engage a Visa Agent that might be able to provide a solution (greased by a brown envelope).

@ubonjoe > What is your opinion about this 1-day 'overstay' that is now being the stumbling-block for The's application and might drive him away from his wife and new-born baby...

9 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

What is your opinion about this 1-day 'overstay' that is now being the stumbling-block for The's application and might drive him away from his wife and new-born baby...

Complete nonsense. Having a overstay before and the fine being paid has no effect on applying for another extension later.

Many people have had overstays and applied for an extension after paying the fine and had no problem getting another one later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Complete nonsense. Having a overstay before and the fine being paid has no effect on applying for another extension later.

Many people have had overstays and applied for an extension after paying the fine and had no problem getting another one later.

@The33

Hi UJ, thanks for quick response and confirmation that Nonthaburi are once again BS-ing.

>> As recommended, The33 should go back to IO and request talking with the officer in charge and pleading his case, he now being more confident that the earlier interpretation from the officer he talked to, is incorrect.

He should bring all documents to do the 90-day Non Imm O Visa application on-the-spot, so that in case of missing documents, he still has 8, 9 and 10 September to collect these.

Edited by Peter Denis

2 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Considering the above, it would probably be best - after having tried one last time at your IO - to engage a Visa Agent that might be able to provide a solution (greased by a brown envelope).

@Peter Denis.... sadly, the preference of sending him down the path of a brown envelope appears to be precisely why he is facing a wall in his attempt to get an urgently needed extension. Nonthaburi should be ashamed of themselves. And I thought these people hated losing face. Well this doesn't gain them any, that's for sure.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, greggraham said:

So, from my trip today Hat Yai IO does seem to be issuing this 'free' stamp, but only if you haven't got a COVID embassy-letter extension previously.

I have had the COVID letter, so doesn't help me sadly. Will maybe make a post later, too bummed out now.

That's disappointing. ????  So it sounds like once you go down the "extended due to covid" path, you are stuck in that group until you either leave or amnesty extended, and no path out to other "extension paths".

• Like 1

Just had dinner with the head guy at the Roi Et Immigration office.

This would be our 5th dinner/disco engagement (my partner handles all the social events)... his personal advice was to hold out for something announced before 26 September.

He saw my US Embassy letter (dated yesterday) and said I wouldn't need it.

I turn 50 on 14 September (12 days from now!). My target is a Non-O and then O-A extension based on retirement age.

14 hours ago, viewfinder said:

You have my full understanding, but please consider who has allowed you to be here. If you are not here on behalf of Norway, you will not make friends in the country you have left.

Couldnt care less... Not interested in making friends with the authorities in Norway, there is one good thing about Norway, the freedom of speech is strong..  I have the friends I need back home, if I can manage to <deleted> off the Norwegian authorities, Im glad.. Splitting up families for no reason during a world pandemic/crises is just a shame on them... I dont feel bad at all about reporting to the media on how they treat their own citizens and separating parents from their toddlers, if they look at that as a problem, then maybe they should do something about how careless they are, look at themselves in the mirror..? Norway havent been the ones that been "allowing me" in to Thailand, and to be honest, cant say I have much to thank Norway for at all... I Would more than happily give away my Norwegian passport if offered a Thai passport, I can tell you that much... Theres very few countries in the world (except those North Korea, and so on) that dictates how people should live their lives as Norway does, they call it a free country, well, only for the ones that are above average wealthy and able to afford all their stupid taxes and so on... Not even close to being my first choice to move back home, but I have given up, I have been at the immigration pleading my case 3 times already, Ive given up, started arranging to head home, bringing my (Thai) family and money out of Thailand, enough is enough.. Hoping that I might get a visa for them in time before the 26th, but I doubt it... Then again, I might, as I guess there wont be to many people applying right now...    

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Maybe they are thinking you are asking for a letter stating you cannot leave Thailand.  I would try showing your embassy the text of the US embassy's letter.  It doesn't ask for an extension exactly or state you can't leave.  It just asks Thailand to consider the current special circumstances.  

69A459B8-C228-439E-8A81-984F49FADE3D.jpeg.10a7751113b2f0235ef75fb1c9692b1b.jpeg

Thats exactly what I did after the refusal, and no reply after that at all.. Yesterday they replied as soon as the embassy opened, so I guess they are ignoring me now... 

8 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Wow, what a dreadful situation you are in because of this combination of bureaucracy, incompetence and lack of empathy.  < your post #273 >

Indeed you cannot apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage or dependant child, when you have overstayed.  The requirements feature the phrase > IF YOU HAVE OVERSTAYED, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR THIS TYPE OF VISA.

And so this 1 (!) day overstay that Nonthaburi officer tricked you into with his ill-advice, is now the main obstacle.

But I would challenge that interpretation with 2 arguments.

1 - Afaik it states nowhere in the IO rules/regulations how long that overstay remains applicable!

I don't speak/write Thai but I can even imagine that it might even be a 'bad translation' and that it simply states that you cannot apply when you are on overstay (which would indeed make sense).  But in your case, you have applied for the 60-day extension of stay which regularized your situation again, and you are presently on the Amnesty extension (or rather the automatically extended permission to stay).

Would this 1-day overstay 'haunt' you till end of times to apply for a Non Imm O Visa?  That is clearly incorrect and I would therefore challenge that overstay interpretation.

2 - The Announcement by Immigration re the Amnesty clearly stated that there would be no overstay during the period from March 26 till September 26. 

So how can IO reject your application for 'overstay' when there is no such thing as overstay during the Amnesty?

Imo it is largely due to lack of willingness from the Nonthaburi IO (who have a reputation as being the roguest of all rogue offices) to handle your application.

I would suggest going again and pleading your case.  But don't talk to a desk officer.  Ask to talk to the officer in charge of the IO, as he/she has the discretionary power to provide leniency when not being able to meet the requirements due to circumstances.  

And in case they stay adamant and refuse to handle your application, you might consider temporary/administratively relocating to a different province with a more accommodating IO.

But time is running out for you, because a 90-day Non Imm O Visa requires that you apply for it with at least 15 days left on your permission to stay, which means that 11 September is the deadline to apply for that Visa.  And with 4 and 7 September being Thai holidays, you have only 4 working-days left for doing such application.

@ubonjoe > What is your opinion about this 1-day 'overstay' that is now being the stumbling-block for The's application and might drive him away from his wife and new-born baby...

I have given up, and leaving, hoping there might be some 3rd country that accepts both Thais and Norwegians before the 26th, but I doubt it... But I cant wait and wait for something that might happen, so I have already started arranging for my move back home, and hopefully they will get a visa in time as well..

Cant just stay here with this uncertainty hanging over us, have to come up with a plan that makes it possible to stay with my daughter, and the only thing now that makes that possible is to bring my family out of Thailand, ending my lease on the house Im renting here, which puts my landlord in the position where she'll probable will have to try to sell her house before the bank takes it... Well, the house next to us have been for sale since before we (me travelling between Norway and Thailand) moved in here, more than 3 years ago... We were planing on buying a car before the corona became an issue, having a kid it is needed... That was put on hold, but now that my company back home is still doing alright, my missus is back working again, we had been talking to the car-salesman again and we were planning on waiting and buying a car when this year's model from Ford is arriving in November... Now all our family-plans about setting up a life for ourselves in Thailand is long gone... Thailand has to understand the effects this will have on their own citizens as well, when they make it impossible for foreigners to live here with their families.. I did try again after UbonJoe said that my 1 day overstay shouldnt be a problem, immigration and the agents I have spoken to says it is a problem... I gave up.. Then I read about them accepting the letter from the embassies, got my hopes up again, went to IO, they said they would help me out this time if I only got the letter from my embassy, and I was probably the worlds happiest person for about 16 hours until I got the email in the morning yesterday stating that I was denied the letter... 

So now Im trying to get them a visa instead, booked a truck to bring all the furniture and our stuff to my "mother in law", who will probably appreciate all the more or less new furniture in her house, but she hasnt slept properly she says since she was told that I have to leave the country before the 26th and bringing her daughter and grand daughter with me... I might be in the right considering the one day overstay, and the officer at IO scr..... me over, but it doesnt seem like its much I can do... Im not gonna make a problem with the immigration in Thailand, worried about never being able to bring my family back here to see their Thai part of the family again... Enough is enough, is what I have figured out now, I cant just sit here and wait because there might be a solution later... Unfortunately..!
And just to have mentioned it, the one day overstay that I had, was on the visa expiring the 31st of March, which I went to IO and got the great advice of coming back the day after, 1st of April...

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I hear you saying that, and from reading on this site every now and then, I know that you know you stuff, but when the IO made up their mind, there doesnt seem like much I can do, so I have given up.. I guess I will be back in 15 years when I qualify for an retirement visa... I might have gotten past the grudge that have built up now, by then... 

6 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

@Peter Denis.... sadly, the preference of sending him down the path of a brown envelope appears to be precisely why he is facing a wall in his attempt to get an urgently needed extension. Nonthaburi should be ashamed of themselves. And I thought these people hated losing face. Well this doesn't gain them any, that's for sure.

Im not gonna take any chances on any brown envelopes as they just had a few of their officers transferred just 2 months ago or something... Which I suspect that one of them was the officer setting me up, that usually sat at counter 3... When I told my story to IO on Monday, they said they couldnt help me, then I started pulling out the letter from the embassy, the application and all the papers that I had with me on the date of expiry that I didnt need for the 60 day extension,  mentioned that it was the man in counter 3 that told me to get back the day after, she just mumbled "counter 3"... And then told me they could grant me 30 days starting from the 26th if I only came back with a letter from my embassy...  (I havent seen the officer working in counter 3 since the 31st of March, as he was sent to CW on the 1st. I was told when I got back there the day after asking for him, which makes me sure that he was one of two officers being transferred, and that he had been setting me up for an envelope later on..)  I have given up on getting this sorted and leaving the country as they wish, bringing my family and money with me... If they had been working as hard on getting the tourism back here as they seem to do getting rid of us, Thai economy would already be looking more promising than whats the case now... Im not rich, so I know that Im no VIP, but I have been paying at least 200 k in hospital bills through this last year, birth, check ups and vaccines for my daughter (and I had a surgery), another 200 K in rent, probably  furniture for another 150 k, planned to buy a car that costs almost 1.5 mill in November...  Reading the news about how desperate they seem to be to get tourists and so on back, it just doesnt makes sense working this hard to kick out the ones that are already here, healthy and having their families here... 

5 hours ago, greggraham said:

So, from my trip today Hat Yai IO does seem to be issuing this 'free' stamp, but only if you haven't got a COVID embassy-letter extension previously.

I have had the COVID letter, so doesn't help me sadly. Will maybe make a post later, too bummed out now.

Sorry to hear that, doesnt make sense how they are doing whatever they can to get people to leave, while talking about how desperate they need tourism to get back to normal all over the media day after day...! ????

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

@The33 ... Even though it sounds like your mind has been decided, have you at least considered to talk to a visa agent?  It would only cost your time/energy to see if they are able to help sort your visa situation out. You would not spend any money unless you agree to move ahead with their services.  Sometimes, when you hit the wall, there is a way through if you keep pressing. Anyway, good luck, and don't lose hope. You and your family still have your health.

I have talked to agents, but they all say the same thing, Nonthaburi is difficult, they cant help me... So Immigration with some help from the Norwegian embassy have settled this for me.. I was looking forward to actually being in a position where I now could call Thailand my home, have a more "permanent" visa, raising my daughter and staying with my family in Thailand, so Im very frustrated, but then again, I cant wait until someone figures out how to get their finger out of their ... , risking that they dont extend the amnesty or setting up a virtual border, or something that opens to me staying here... By then it will be too late to do something about it, if they dont...  But I appreciate all the help, thoughts and compassion shown from you guys posting on here!

Edited by The33

5 hours ago, The33 said:

I have talked to agents, but they all say the same thing, Nonthaburi is difficult, they cant help me... So Immigration with some help from the Norwegian embassy have settled this for me.. I was looking forward to actually being in a position where I now could call Thailand my home, have a more "permanent" visa, raising my daughter and staying with my family in Thailand, so Im very frustrated, but then again, I cant wait until someone figures out how to get their finger out of their ... , risking that they dont extend the amnesty or setting up a virtual border, or something that opens to me staying here... By then it will be too late to do something about it, if they dont...  But I appreciate all the help, thoughts and compassion shown from you guys posting on here!

I wouldn't normally recommend this, but It sounds like you've more or less exhausted every other option at Nonthaburi so maybe try with an Agent in a different district (Pattaya seems to be full of agents & has an IO that's very used to dealing with Retirees / People with Thai families so maybe try Key Visa  https://www.keyvisathailand.com/ there)

I have heard that these agents can (not saying Key Visa can/cannot, if they can't try other agencies) help you to move to the district until you get your extension sorted then simply move back. 

Good Luck, even though things look very bleak at the moment, I'm sure you'll find a way ????

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The33 said:

You should go to another area then. Plenty of agents in Pattaya, Bangkok and Chiang Mai that still offer services.

Anyway you're planning for a 1.5 Million Baht car purchase but can't find a visa solution? That sounds odd to me. The easiest would have been to get an Elite Visa and just buy a cheaper car if necessary. You're claiming not to be rich but look at a car at that price in Thailand?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

What documents are needed for the 30 day extension with a letter from US embassy? 

Are they giving these extensions to non o holder who have already used their 60 day extension?

About the same as a extension for a tourist visa entry. Copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp, extension stamp and TM6 departure card.

It should be issued if you have already gotten a 60 day extension. But you could request a 2nd 60 day extension due to extenuating circumstances under this in immigration order 327/2557.

image.png.de30c1ba5dc5163fa9709026208d9c1c.png

2 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

For a non o ME visa holder is it MTT for the 30 day extension with letter, or Chaeng Wattana? 

MTT

• Like 2

@The33

> The root of your problem is that you are dealing with Nonthaburi IO, the roguest of rogue offices (as you already found out).

But you wrote that you are here on a Tourist Visa and already used your 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your wife. 

However, there might be a fully legit way out.

And that is if you did NOT yet use your 'regular' 30-day extension of stay your Tourist Visa entry entitles you to, it would be simply a matter of you applying for that extension at a different province with a more accommodating IO. 

The link to the recent post attached below confirms that Ubon Ratchathani IO were willing to provide an applicant that entered on a Tourist Visa months ago (obviously already long time under the Amnesty extension since then) with the 30-days extension of stay such Tourist Visa (or Visa Exempt) entry, entitles you to. 

Once you have that 'valid' 30 days extension of stay, you could then simply apply again at the Nonthaburi IO for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage (or thai dependant child or any other applicable reason).

So, if you did not use that 30-day extension of stay application yet, it is simply a matter of doing the follow:

1 - Book a flight or drive to Ubon Ratchathani, the day before applying there.

2 - Check into a Hotel the night before (I highly recommend the Nartsiri residence - best value hotel I have ever stayed in)

3 - Ask for a copy of the TM-30 notification that every Hotel has to make when you - a foreigner - staying at their hotel

4 - With that TM-30 copy, your passport, application form for the extension of stay and 1.900 THB, go to Ubon Ratchathani IO and apply for the 30-days extension of stay (which you did not use yet, and which your Tourist Visa entitles you to).

Note: As a 'tourist' you are free to stay in Thailand wherever you want (and the hotel you stayed is thus your place of residence, which IO will want when applying for the extension)

5 - Return to Nonthaburi IO with that 'valid' permission to stay (it will be provided till 25 October - see attached link) and you have then ample time to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa (needs to be done with at least 15 days left on your permission to stay).

>> Note: If they still make problems, there are now ways to apply for your Non Imm O Visa being on that valid permission to stay from the 30-day extension you will have.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1180274-i-got-my-30-days-extension-denied-today/?do=findComment&comment=15774394

Note: You can make the trip to Ubon Ratchathani yourself, or even make it a holiday break with your family as Ubon is a very nice Isaan city to explore.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

However, there might be a fully legit way out.

And that is if you did NOT yet use your 'regular' 30-day extension of stay your Tourist Visa entry entitles you to, it would be simply a matter of you applying for that extension at a different province with a more accommodating IO. 

You didn't address his 1-day overstay red stamp. Will that not be a sticking point, even in Ubon Ratchatani?

15 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

You didn't address his 1-day overstay red stamp. Will that not be a sticking point, even in Ubon Ratchatani?

Nope, I addressed that already in post #278

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1179669-new-from-us-embassy-official-extension-stamp-to-change-to-long-term-visa/?do=findComment&comment=15773637

And the 1-dy overstay excuse was debunked by UJ as total nonsense made up by Nonthaburi IO when I asked the question.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1