RTP announce new road traffic fines: Some are actually REDUCED

webfact

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

For reasons of insurance paying out when you get whacked by another rider or driver that only has the class 3 insurance.

Thai people are not so concerned~if you have no money, you are off the hook~I have seen it myself~

If you have money, you are all set as well because it's the police that decide on culpability.

Most thais believe they are great drivers, and will not be in an accident anyway~also the amulets...

Why spend the time and money?

It is estimated that 25 to 30 percent of Thai people have no license now ????

On 8/27/2020 at 4:27 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I have been trying to puzzle out Thai logic since I got here many years ago, but as this truly amazing chunk of what seems sheer stupidity proves, I am no closer now than I was on day one.

It’s quite simple- the 'Thick Gene '..

"4. No licence

Previously not having a licence was up to 1,000 baht.

Now not being able to show one is just 200 baht. 

(Thaivisa notes that the wording here has changed slightly)"

Does this mean being licensed but not carrying the license, or being unlicensed?

In most european countries, it`s mandatory to have lights on,

and therefore the car factories, I:E., Japan, S.Korea and China

are implementing this thing, to the countries (that have this "law") 

they are exporting their cars. So, when you turn the key, your car, 

the light (low beam) goes on.

The thing with lights (in daytime, heavy rain, fog) is for you to see

the oncoming traffic, as well as they will see YOU!

How hard can it be (with LOGIC?)

Cheers!

• 6 months later...

I have said this on other related subjects that if half of the police on duty at police check point were patrolling the streets for traffic violations their revenue would go up and the streets safer to a degree. I see so many drivers take advantage of the absence of police patrols.