Currently at Chaeng Watthana Bangkok Imm

It is super crowded here at the Imm office in Bangkok.

Here to do my first 1 year extension based on marriage.

My 60 day extension has already expired and Im currently on amnesty.

I am doing 40k baht deposit via transferwise for months of July and Aug. Hopefully that works!

Keeping my fingers crossed, will report results here in a couple of hours.

Goddmanit. so <deleted>. They say theres no such thing as the 40k deposits for 2 month rule. Needs to be 12 months. How the <deleted> can it be 12 months when this is my first extension?

What other options do I have now?

If I deposit 400k baht now. season it for Sept and Oct. Then go apply while on overstay. Is this Ok??

5 minutes ago, phungo said:

Goddmanit. so <deleted>. They say theres no such thing as the 40k deposits for 2 month rule. Needs to be 12 months. How the <deleted> can it be 12 months when this is my first extension?

If I deposit 400k baht now. season it for Sept and Oct. Then go apply while on overstay. Is this Ok??

Sorry to hear that, did they say if it was because your 60 day extension had already expired and you were applying from the amnesty? I was hoping to do the same on Monday but my 60 day extension runs to mid September.

9 minutes ago, phungo said:

You should ask immigration what your options are.  You appear to be here on amnesty status and used your 60 day extension so it may be difficult to obtain anything but perhaps 30 days for hardship reasons.  A normal extension requires you be here on legal status and at this time amnesty does not appear to qualify - but there is recent indication they may modify that stance.  So 400k in account your name only now and try to extend for 30 days and if unable to make a border run another 30 days?  

10 minutes ago, phungo said:

The are wrong but it is hard to fight their incorrect interpretation of the written rules?

I suspect you were on a multiple entry non-o visa. They seem to consider that as being an extension and think you should of already been transfering the money into the country,

10 minutes ago, phungo said:

Perhaps get a 30 day special extension extension with a letter from your embassy to give you the extra time to have the money in the bank for 2 months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The are wrong but it is hard to fight their incorrect interpretation of the written rules?

I suspect you were on a multiple entry non-o visa. They seem to consider that as being an extension and think you should of already been transfering the money into the country,

Perhaps get a 30 day special extension extension with a letter from your embassy to give you the extra time to have the money in the bank for 2 months.

Yes I have a Non O ME.

Since they are misinterpreting the rules. Do you think I could use an agent the exact same paperwork and it could work?

Im from USA, and don't know how to qualify for US embassy letter for 30 more days.

(Rant: we spent close to 1.5M baht in the past 10 months, I just used an ATM instead of Transferwise. Just because of the route of the money im mow denied from stay here. What the <deleted> point of having a human imm agent? Not counting their misinterpreting the law, what about spirit of the laws? so damn frustrating!!)

2 minutes ago, phungo said:

Since they are misinterpreting the rules. Do you think I could use an agent the exact same paperwork and it could work?

This is exactly what I was going to suggest. The agent can make the 400k in bank not required along with the seasoning.

I don't use agents but would do it in a blink in these times.

Are you over 50? If yes you could even obtain 12 month extension based on retirement.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, phungo said:

Not sure an agent could help. You could ask one about it.

9 minutes ago, phungo said:

Im from USA, and don't know how to qualify for US embassy letter for 30 more days.

Answered in the previous post.

Hi Phungo,

I really feel for you, and all those in a similar situation like yourself, on a ME Non Imm O marriage Visa with obviously already expired permission to stay and also having used up already your 60-day extension of stay.

Since last week there has been an avalanche of similar reports from CW, CM, Phuket, Jomtien and in-country IOs that they now require 12 MONTHS of monthly income transfers when using that method to apply for the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O marriage Visa.

See attached link to a thread dealing with that issue:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1178565-phuket-immigration-need-to-show-12-months-of-transfers-from-abroad-for-non-o-married-to-thai/?do=findComment&comment=15730798

It looks as if IO has issued an instruction to 'crack-down' on those in your situation because suddenly out of the blue and simultaneously at different IOs this change of policy/practice is popping up.

And the timing to introduce that change in policy is quite suspicious, because with only 4 weeks left before Amnesty expiry, applicants won't be able anymore to meet the 2-month seasoning requirement when wanting to revert to the 400K funds-in-bank method.

Re the special extension based on an Embassy letter in order to provide you time to meet the 2 month seasoning requirement for the 400K funds-in-bank method.

It is not 100% sure that will work as such special extension is not meant to be used as a spring-board for your 1-year extension of stay.

See attached link  >

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1177074-has-anyone-here-gotten-their-30-day-extension-beyond-26-sept/?do=findComment&comment=15750398

So you are really with your back against the wall, and engaging a Fixer Agent to deal with the situation, seems to be one of the only options left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Hi Phungo,

I really feel for you, and all those in a similar situation like yourself, on a ME Non Imm O marriage Visa with obviously already expired permission to stay and also having used up already your 60-day extension of stay.

Since last week there has been an avalanche of similar reports from CW, CM, Phuket, Jomtien and in-country IOs that they now require 12 MONTHS of monthly income transfers when using that method to apply for the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O marriage Visa.

See attached link to a thread dealing with that issue:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1178565-phuket-immigration-need-to-show-12-months-of-transfers-from-abroad-for-non-o-married-to-thai/?do=findComment&comment=15730798

It looks as if IO has issued an instruction to 'crack-down' on those in your situation because suddenly out of the blue and simultaneously at different IOs this change of policy/practice is popping up.

And the timing to introduce that change in policy is quite suspicious, because with only 4 weeks left before Amnesty expiry, applicants won't be able anymore to meet the 2-month seasoning requirement when wanting to revert to the 400K funds-in-bank method.

Re the special extension based on an Embassy letter in order to provide you time to meet the 2 month seasoning requirement for the 400K funds-in-bank method.

It is not 100% sure that will work as such special extension is not meant to be used as a spring-board for your 1-year extension of stay.

See attached link  >

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1177074-has-anyone-here-gotten-their-30-day-extension-beyond-26-sept/?do=findComment&comment=15750398

So you are really with your back against the wall, and engaging a Fixer Agent to deal with the situation, seems to be one of the only options left.

Thank you so much for your post! At least now I have a bit more certainty to go with an agent.

5 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

>> I PM-ed you the co-ordinates of a reliable agent that successfully provided someone in same situation as yourself, the 1-year extension of stay based on his ME Non Imm O marriage Visa with already expired permission to stay.  Fee for the service was 25K (including the fix for the 400K which the applicant didn't have).

Looking forward to you pm!

Thank you! What you do on these forums have huge impacts to my life and I'm certain many others!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Added the link with relevant News from US Embassy.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1179669-new-from-us-embassy-official-extension-stamp-to-change-to-long-term-visa/?do=findComment&comment=15752814

It seems the deadline to apply for a long-term Visa has been changed to 11 September, this in order to provide IOs with sufficient time to process your application before the Amnesty Expiry!

• Like 1

I was asking the same questions this morning. Im on a retirement O-A multi-entry. Arrived in January 2020 so could not do the 65,000 12 month deal. Here is what one gent said. Hope its ok to paste.

"For using banked money to meet the proof of funds for a yearly extension based on retirement you need to have the 800K baht in a thai bank account in your name only for 2 months before you apply for your year extension (NOT 2 months before your current stamp expires) the money needs to stay at 800K baht balance for 3 months after you get the extension granted and then the balance cannot drop below 400K baht for the rest of the year

IF you are going to switch to the 65K baht monthly income via international transfer method to meet the proof of funds for your yearly extension NEXT year, you would have to meet the terms of the banked money method for this whole year AND transfer in the 65K baht a month every month to meet the terms of the extension you're applying for next year.

That means you would need to keep the 800K baht in the bank for 3 months after you got your extension and you would have to keep the balance at at least 400K baht the rest of the year <-(to meet the requirements of this year extension) IN ADDTION to transferring in to the country from abroad a minimum of 65K baht for the previous 12 months <- to meet the requirements of your next extension.."

• Thanks 1