CCSA: First group of foreigners allowed back are long stay and permanent residents

webfact

10 hours ago, sas_cars said:

What's new in this news? Long term visa holders and PR holders are already able to get back on repat flights since last many months.

That's of course to be qualified with: when they are able to actually get a seat on repatriation flights. I understand this has not been easy and previous posters mention only business class seats available for non-Thais on some flights. I do not know how widespread this is, but the number of "repatriation" flights surely needs to increase. Low demand cannot be used as an excuse, because this is not the case.

1 hour ago, Redline said:

High spending power~oh ok, but everything in Thailand is not only about money.  In the government's view, if someone can't be fleeced coming in, they are at the bottom of the list.

Bingo! Everyone wants a first bite at the apple.

• Like 1

Well, I'm just waiting to be let in and stay 6 months as usual.usually late September. so all news about opening the borders are good news, even if it will not happen tomorrow.... But, would prefer quarantine in my own apartment...

To many comments in these threads are about how stupid these government guys are...time to stop repeating comments? Or, maybe you don't know the country and it's people as well as you think you do?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Lived in Thailand for 13 years and am now in the uk waiting to return. But I ain’t going to attempt to go back until they get rid of the 14 day quarantine, insurance and inflated flight price ! My friends that go there about twice a year and some who have kids there are also not going for the same reason . If I get to quarantine at home or the government pays for my quarantine and ditches the insurance then I might consider it , otherwise forget it !!

See you in 2022 then

You are selfish in the extreme - quarantine is not just for your safety - it is to ensure others are not infected

Insurance is to ensure you don't burden the Thai health system if you do become ill

It's no surprise the Government are implementing these measures given some of the brain dead idiots in the world

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, jojothai said:

He said there are 100 who meet the criteria, but we dont know what that is.

Dont hold your breathe, i dont think they are considering pensioners much. Its all about spending.

Have married people been included in any of the groups stated so far?

Thanks rotbenz for clarifying.

Married to a thai have been allowed since phase one 

15 hours ago, sas_cars said:

What's new in this news? Long term visa holders and PR holders are already able to get back on repat flights since last many months.

Wrong.  Having a retirement visa (one year extended) are not allowed yet (only the money in the thai bank to secure that visa is longterm) 

15 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I wish there were more specifics but if this includes married and retirees with Non-Imm Os it would be great news. There may be 1000s of such people...not 100s..,I know 3 such people personally who are stranded outside Thailand. 

The headline says long-stay and permanent residents, then in the expanded text the focus is on people who spend a lot of money. 

Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing? Guess not, i.e. normal. 

21 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I wish there were more specifics but if this includes married and retirees with Non-Imm Os it would be great news. There may be 1000s of such people...not 100s..,I know 3 such people personally who are stranded outside Thailand. 

I am one of those O- non umm that is waiting for the opportunity to return to my house, partner and all my belongings. But before this can happen I suspect many like myself who’s visa expired while exiled. Currently Thai Embassies are not taking applications for new visas. At this point, I don’t think that we’re even on the radar. In the past when this was mentioned they weren’t including “O” visas, permanent residency is quite different. Hope I am wrong... would be great to see a path home open up for exiled expats.

First group of foreigners allowed back are long stay and permanent residents:

The next article on the list is about an Ethiopian woman here for medical visa. That isn't classed as a long stay is it?

And so if this is not true, then what else are we lied to about
?

22 hours ago, jojothai said:

Cherry picking.

Why dont they stop this drivel and simply announce that the only people wanted are those who will spend a lot of money, and set a minimum amount.

That's a good thing. Thailand has been swamped with low grade tourists for too long, and will become much nicer with fewer of them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Vague terms in English, "long stay and permanent residents."  Why can't folks just refer to specific classes of visas or extensions of stay that are commonly understood?

In any event, I'm in Thailand now on an OA-based extension of stay and will not even think of going back to my home country for vacation or family business until:
- Commercial flights are up and running again
- There's no COE process in addition to normal visa requirements
- There's no quarantine requirement.

Likely not until the end of 2021 or later, I'm guessing.  I'm also guessing that the $100,000 health insurance requirement will never go away.

1 hour ago, american2 said:

It would be nice if they gave PERMANENT RESIDENCY to all type O and OA Visa holders.  It would be fair as we are contributing a huge amount to the Thai economy.

The only time that us expats will be given anything positive from General Cha Cha and his soldiers is if their personal income steams go down and that is not happening as they are trying to get us out of Thailand.

It has been like this since long before the "pandemic" started.

On 8/28/2020 at 8:14 AM, 2 is 1 said:

Really not people who come for 2 week holiday? Why cant come to spend nice time in hotel?

Many want relax in 2 weeks hotel here and other 2 weeks when go back home! 

"Why cant come to spend nice time in hotel?"

It's 2 weeks quarantine in a room. A quarantine you pay for yourself. I don't think people sees that as a nice time. 

On 8/28/2020 at 8:33 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

PR holders has been eligible to return for a few months already. But I suppose they are talking about those who stay more than 2 weeks? 

How can the number be only 100 that meets the requirements, and they talk about people with money? It sounds strange even if they talk about people with PR-visa. 

On 8/28/2020 at 8:34 AM, sas_cars said:

Only PR-visa holders since maybe 3 months, not other long stay visa holders unless they are married or have Thai kids. 

On 8/28/2020 at 2:54 AM, connda said:

Ahhh, finally they admit we aren't the dregs of society and they want the money we bring in from outside of Thailand.

<laughs>

I said months ago, at some point authorities may want to see long stay foreigners savings, Example - 2+ million baht in savings and guess what  - "You qualify for entry welcome back" 

21 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

Wrong.  Having a retirement visa (one year extended) are not allowed yet (only the money in the thai bank to secure that visa is longterm) 

Im assuming the cash to secure the visa is longterm thus will be granted entry soon

On 8/28/2020 at 8:52 AM, Matzzon said:

No-one who has not been living in a cave for the last couple of month can´t possibly have been missing that.

A triple negative. Not often you see that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, dbrenn said:

That's a good thing. Thailand has been swamped with low grade tourists for too long, and will become much nicer with fewer of them. 

No need to associate with them if you don't want to. 

But the world has many low grade people so they are difficult to avoid. 

Tedious I agree.