Thailand's entire tourism industry will collapse if foreign tourists are not allowed back, industry leader

webfact

It needs a headshot anyway. The way Kobkarn the Destroyress of Thailand let the Chinese hordes in was the last nail. Massive overtourism resulted and took away all pleasure out of it. Demolish it all and start again with a sustainable governance system in place.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It needs a headshot anyway. The way Kobkarn the Destroyress of Thailand let the Chinese hordes in was the last nail. Massive overtourism resulted and took away all pleasure out of it. Demolish it all and start again with a sustainable governance system in place.

That's basically what my first comment was about, adapt or die.

The current model could have never worked out anyway, covid was just the nail that made the bubble explode sooner.

4 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

It really is a catch 22. I think the Thais are realizing that the GDP was grossly understated when it comes to how much tourists actually do for the economy. Wake up call!

With the Thai Tourism issue, its the Devil if you do let the Tourists in, and the Devil if you dont.

Whatever the Authorities do, there are going to be some really dire consequences of their actions, and I believe that their is very little capability at the top to actually come out with a " reentry " plan that will slowly revive the Economy, as well as keeping a Paranoid population from rioting in the Streets.

Burying your head in the Sand is Ok, but when you come up for a breath, the reality is still there, and there has been little knowledge gleened from any previous encounters with Covid, thus giving a situation of utter bewilderment instead of a strategic and well thought out strategy from intelligent and cool heads.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Cities and resorts In Europe are struggling and they have tourists coming in, much lower numbers than usual. When you have a country closed off then the consequences will be dire, it seems Thailand is finally waking up to this.

Tbh, the numbers will take time to build up again even if they start allowing tourists in, many businesses will go bust and that is the same everywhere.

The first time in 14 years I went to somewhere in Europe, Athens, enjoyable time, good food, good beer and excellent sightseeing without hordes of tourists. I had a bried stop off in Germany on the way back and made my way into a local town for a Krombacher and bratwurst, cheap too.

Last year we spent 3 months in Northern Cyprus and traveled to a couple other places, my wife loved it and shes not a beach lover 

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ourmanflint said:

Thailand is already one of the most unequal countries in the world, 3rd behind Russia and India, the top 1 per cent already own 58% of the countries wealth. 

Agreed but those could be the wrong 1%. There has been no big business shake out since the military took over and this seems to be too good of an opportunity not to take advantage of. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Nick said:

Easy peasy, right!

Just walk into one of the many free education- companies and start learning!

Nothing could be easier!

well actually yes, easy, peasy as you say. whilst there are no free universities, a degree can be earned cheaply via home study with minimal in class time (actually only exam time is mandatory)

my wife funded her way through university by working in a 7/11, as did her friends and they all went on to have successful careers (lower management level) in tourism. 

she had to share a room mind you but then the demographic you are talking about already does that.

• Like 2