Water Pipe Repairs

Pattaya Spotter

18 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

What is the reason for using epoxy rather than the regular solvent glue?

The only reason  I resorted to epoxy was because I had  damaged the fitting stuck in the wall by using too much heat trying to remove a pipe which was slightly leaking so instead of making a big hole in the wall tried epoxy and it worked...there is not normally any need to use epoxy.

On 9/2/2020 at 12:12 PM, johng said:

The only reason  I resorted to epoxy was because I had  damaged the fitting stuck in the wall by using too much heat trying to remove a pipe which was slightly leaking so instead of making a big hole in the wall tried epoxy and it worked...there is not normally any need to use epoxy.

That makes sense, thanks 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 12:12 PM, johng said:

I use epoxy for fittings that are very loose with the blue water pipe. Some of the white or grey fittings are not meant for the standard blue PVP 13.5 pipe, so epoxy fixed that.