Queries on Non-immgration O & 90 Days reporting

Have a couple questions with regards to the above topic and would greatly appreciate updated inputs as I have either misunderstood the procedures all along or the immigration officer at CW is blowing smoke up my xxx

1. I am on a Non-immigrant O visa (Thai spouse visa) and everytime I enter the country, I would be given a 90 days visit stamp on my passport. All along I am under the impression that if I were to stay beyond 90 days, I would just need to do a 90 days reporting and it would extend my stay for another 90 days as long as it is within my visa expiry date. Is this correct? Because I was told this is not the case by the Immigration officer. Before the pandemic, I had not stayed beyond 90 days as I would usually return to my country to visit my parents which is 2.5hrs flight away also due to the nature of my work. 

2. This brings me to my 2nd question. Assuming my understanding of above question is incorrect, that means I would have to leave Thailand after the anmesty ends next month and then go through the tedious, ridiculous and expensive process to return to Thailand. I will then be given another 90days to stay in Thailand. What happens after the 90days? Leave the country and return to my home country and then go over the same sh*t again? 

• Confused 1

.1. A report of staying longer than 90 days in the country is not a extension of your stay.

You have to leave after 90 days or you would be on a overstay unless you were able to apply for an extension.

2. You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you want to stay in the country if the amnesty is not extended again.

Or you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

.1. A report of staying longer than 90 days in the country is not a extension of your stay.

You have to leave after 90 days or you would be on a overstay unless you were able to apply for an extension.

2. You can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you want to stay in the country if the amnesty is not extended again.

Or you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

1. So that means the 90days reporting kind of goes hand in hand? One would have to extend his stay beyond 90days and upon approval, do the 90days reporting? 

2. Thank you for the suggestion, I would enquire about the 60days extension the next time I go to CW. The last time I went there in July, both officers at different service counter did not provide me with this option. 

When you say extension of stay for 1 year based on marriage to a Thai, is it different from a Non-immigrant O visa? One of the option the IO told me is to renew / reapply for a new Non-immigrant spouse visa in Thailand and the documents required is similar to those you mentioned. I have been renewing my Thai spouse visa back in Singapore as it is less document intensive and is very efficient. Also I can use my home bank account to fulfill the 400k requirement. 

18 minutes ago, KiaSurean said:

1. So that means the 90days reporting kind of goes hand in hand? One would have to extend his stay beyond 90days and upon approval, do the 90days reporting?

When you apply for the first extension if considered as doing a 90 day report. People that apply for a 60 day extension are not required to do one.

21 minutes ago, KiaSurean said:

2. Thank you for the suggestion, I would enquire about the 60days extension the next time I go to CW. The last time I went there in July, both officers at different service counter did not provide me with this option. 

When you say extension of stay for 1 year based on marriage to a Thai, is it different from a Non-immigrant O visa?

You often have to ask them for information such as the 60 day extension.

You already have a non-o visa entry and would be extending that entry for one year. It is not a visa of any kind.

24 minutes ago, KiaSurean said:

Also I can use my home bank account to fulfill the 400k requirement. 

The 400k baht has to be in a Thai bank in your name only to apply for the one year extension of stay.

Thanks ubonjoe, think I'm screwed this time as I do not have 400k in a local bank for 3mths. Would have transferred it over if the IO had told me about the one year extension of stay based on my non O visa as a possible option. Instead they told me to apply for a new non O visa so I can stay another 90 days. 

Guess I might just return to my home country in Sept and then back to Thailand with a new visa, then apply for the one year extension when the 90days is almost up again would be the best move....? 

Why is nothing ever standardised in Thailand. Its functioning like a 3rd world country 

10 hours ago, KiaSurean said:

Thanks ubonjoe, think I'm screwed this time as I do not have 400k in a local bank for 3mths.

The 400k baht only needs to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply. You could transfer the 400k baht now and then apply for the 60 day extension and then the one year extension when the 400k baht is in the bank for 2 months.

Go to immigration and have your wife with you to apply for the 60 day extension. Have your marriage certificate and a copy of it with you and copies of you wife's house book registry with you.

• Thanks 1

Well done, Ubonjoe. Once upon a time I had the same misconceptions. Making the 90 trip was no problem for me, but I just thought I'd try reporting. Refused of course. I was lucky to meet a fellow there who was doing his 90 day he explained a lot of it to me. (I chose not to tie up 400,000). I never thought the baht would continue to strengthen.

Good Luck, KiaSurean. I'm still on an multi 'O' and just waiting to see what comes next. Luckily, I've got the 60 day extension up the sleeve (and also have the 40k per month option, but without a cooperative wife. She hates Immigration). All we can do is wait and see what they decide about the borders. I do not think they will open the airports to allow the visa trips without putting the traveler in quarantine. So keep your eye on the TFV for news on that. The 'speculations' and what ifs are all just rubbish.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 400k baht only needs to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply. You could transfer the 400k baht now and then apply for the 60 day extension and then the one year extension when the 400k baht is in the bank for 2 months.

Go to immigration and have your wife with you to apply for the 60 day extension. Have your marriage certificate and a copy of it with you and copies of you wife's house book registry with you.

@KiaSurean > Attached below the requirements to apply for a 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your thai wife.  You can do this at any time from now till end of the Amnesty (26 September) and the 60-day permission to stay it would provide you will start from date of application.

As UJ mentioned already, you would need to put the 400K in a personal thai bank-account (a joint one with your wife is not accepted) PRIOR to applying for the 60-day extension of stay.  This because the 400K needs to be seasoned for at least two months at the moment when you will apply for the 1-year extension of stay based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage.

= = = = =

When you apply for the 60-day extension of stay for reason of visiting your Thai wife, she will have to be with you when you apply and she has to bring her ID-card and a copy of it. 

You would need to provide proof of residence.

If your wife is the owner of the place you are staying, a copy of the house-book from that place will do.  When renting, a copy of the rental agreement will be needed with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by the owner.

To prove you are still married, you need to bring the original Kor Ror 3 (Thai marriage certificate) as well as a copy of it. And most offices will also want a recent printout (not older than 1 week) of your Kor Ror 2 (certificate of Thai marriage registration), which can be requested at any Amphoe and will be issued on the spot (cost between 5 and 20 THB).

You will also need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, as well as copies of your passport photo page, Visa sticker, entry stamp (with permission to stay date) and your TM6 departure card.

On 8/28/2020 at 2:56 PM, KiaSurean said:

When you say extension of stay for 1 year based on marriage to a Thai, is it different from a Non-immigrant O visa? One of the option the IO told me is to renew / reapply for a new Non-immigrant spouse visa in Thailand and the documents required is similar to those you mentioned. I have been renewing my Thai spouse visa back in Singapore as it is less document intensive and is very efficient. Also I can use my home bank account to fulfill the 400k requirement. 

If you read on the 90 days report receipt,it says: 

"This is not an extension of stay......." in red letters and with a frame around it.

Screenshot_20200829-161001.png

15 hours ago, Max69xl said:

If you read on the 90 days report receipt,it says: 

"This is not an extension of stay......." in red letters and with a frame around it.

Screenshot_20200829-161001.png

Doesn't really matter to me, nor does it apply, but rather than stick a 'confused' emoji on your comment, I'll just say, it's off the pitch and makes no sense. KiaS.... is not doing 90 day reports. He has a Non O and investigating his next step considering the travel restrictions.

• Like 1