7-eleven another one in my village.

OneeyedJohn

4 minutes ago, DrDave said:

They pick up a few more customers who would normally shop at a competitor, because the new location is a little more convenient for them.

I can see the logic in that, and if I am honest the new 7-eleven will be far more convenient than the old one, which necessitated going through traffic lights, crossing a main road and going through traffic lights on the return and turning right off a main road, always dodgy, even if you indicate.

It is a bit like like having petrol stations both sides of the motorway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneeyedJohn said:

I can see the logic in that, and if I am honest the new 7-eleven will be far more convenient than the old one, which necessitated going through traffic lights, crossing a main road and going through traffic lights on the return and turning right off a main road, always dodgy, even if you indicate.

It is a bit like like having petrol stations both sides of the motorway.

This thread is about 7-11s being 500 metres apart from each other. WHY are you driving you lazy git?      LOL 555

2 minutes ago, stouricks said:

This thread is about 7-11s being 500 metres apart from each other. WHY are you driving you lazy git?      LOL 555

My house is 2 KM's from the road where it is 450 metres to the old 7-eleven on the left ( with all the complicated traffic manouvres ) and 50 metres to the right for the new 7-eleven. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

My house is 2 KM's from the road where it is 450 metres to the old 7-eleven on the left ( with all the complicated traffic manouvres ) and 50 metres to the right for the new 7-eleven. 

Then drive to the main road, stop and walk to either 7-11, back to the motorcar and you get your exercise AND S H I T T Y food in one go.    LOL 555

See I beat the spell checker!

Edited by stouricks

1 minute ago, 2long said:

It's not 7Eleven opening branches in what we would deem as crazy locations. It's the members of the public who want a slice of the action. They can easily sign up for a franchise and open a branch where the hell they like, as long as they follow CP's protocol, such as buying all stock from their main supplier. CP couldn't give a hoot how they perform. I believe that not many 7eleven branches are wholly owned and run by CP. It's all a franchise.

Just like Top Charoen Optical. They crop up everywhere and appear never to have customers. It's all down to huge margins and the member of the public taking a punt on if business will survive or not. For CP / TC it's almost risk free, involves very little man power and is not only extra revenue but nibbles away at any competitor's slice of the market.

Exactly!!!!

At the risk of doing this to death, here's what happens:

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

In the middle of Chiang Rai town there is a very splendid clock tower ( which doubles as a roundabout ) that is illuminated at night time, it is a nice spot to sit, and consequently a quality coffee shop opened, within a year the other 2 corners of this clock tower also became coffee shops, but unfortunately the quality of all of them diminished.

Now, there is only only one left.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OneeyedJohn said:

In the middle of Chiang Rai town there is a very splendid clock tower ( which doubles as a roundabout ) that is illuminated at night time, it is a nice spot to sit, and consequently a quality coffee shop opened, within a year the other 2 corners of this clock tower also became coffee shops, but unfortunately the quality of all of them diminished.

Now, there is only only one left.

And be there on the hour in the evenings , theres some music and a light show .

47 minutes ago, DrDave said:

The business model at CP-All (the owner of 7-11 in Thailand) goes something like this...

"We currently have a store in this area that does 1 million baht per month. If we open another store 500 meters away, we think we can do a total of 1.2 baht per month. That's a 20% increase in revenue!" 

Of course, the poor sucker that bought the franchise for the original store will now see a 40% decline in his revenue, but CP-All will be selling 20% more product.

The guy who bought the franchise for the original store is normally given the choice to open second 7-11 nearby if sales consistently over the target. The franchise for the second store will only go to new comer if the original store decline to take it. The saying is the real competitor of a 7-11 store is not a Family Mart or Lotus but another 7-11.

1 hour ago, 2long said:

It's not 7Eleven opening branches in what we would deem as crazy locations. It's the members of the public who want a slice of the action. They can easily sign up for a franchise and open a branch where the hell they like, as long as they follow CP's protocol, such as buying all stock from their main supplier. CP couldn't give a hoot how they perform. I believe that not many 7eleven branches are wholly owned and run by CP. It's all a franchise.

Just like Top Charoen Optical. They crop up everywhere and appear never to have customers. It's all down to huge margins and the member of the public taking a punt on if business will survive or not. For CP / TC it's almost risk free, involves very little man power and is not only extra revenue but nibbles away at any competitor's slice of the market.

CP know how much eatch 7/11 make money! Coz see volume what eatch one bye from them! If they see some whit franchise make much money in area where don't have other 7/11 they make they own bigger one close bye! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

They open 7/11's so that people can buy things from them .

Its mainly junk food , fast food, toiletries and cigarettes' and alcohol 

Also 7/11 is one of the very few shops that sells milk, also butter and cheese slices.

My nearest 7/11 is 6km away. the next is 15 km,the next is 17 km and the next that I know of is 60 km away on the route 1 towards Khampaeng Phet. Going the other way past the "local" shop I can't think of any before the route 1 heading south at Klong Wilai at the PTT gas station some 40 km away

44 minutes ago, sanmyintmaung said:

The guy who bought the franchise for the original store is normally given the choice to open second 7-11 nearby if sales consistently over the target. The franchise for the second store will only go to new comer if the original store decline to take it. The saying is the real competitor of a 7-11 store is not a Family Mart or Lotus but another 7-11.

Not much of a choice!  The original franchisee has to pony up for the expense of a second store (rent, utilities, employees) if he wants to simply protect his current revenue, plus maybe a marginal increase. Not taking the second location results in a significant drop in revenue. Either way, he's screwed.

2 hours ago, stouricks said:

Look to the back of the milk shelf! Got some yesterday with over a week to go.

I know a guy who was manager of a large grocery store in the U.S.  When he restocked, he would take the older milk out but leave it in the stocking cart right there for awhile.  He said people assumed it was the fresh stuff coming in and would buy it.  555

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

They open 7/11's so that people can buy things from them .

Its mainly junk food , fast food, toiletries and cigarettes' and alcohol 

Ideal for Alien's .

Where 7-11 , Tesco Lotus , Villa,  Build . 

Farlangs will soon  follow ..

Edited by elliss

35 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

soon, you can hire a lady directly out of a vending machine.

Good news @ last . 

I meet my lady for the night on websites .

The days , of bar fines, and lady drinks , have long gone ...

Edited by elliss