Thai Health Ministry to oppose resumption of the use of toxic farm chemicals

webfact

Thai Health Ministry to oppose resumption of the use of toxic farm chemicals

Anutin-9-Medic-Staff.jpg

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) is up in arms against the possible resumption of the use of two hazardous substances, paraquat and chlorpyrifos, the use of which, in the agricultural sector, has been prohibited in Thailand since June.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul held an urgent meeting, with top public health officials, on Sunday at the Government complex, to discuss the reported latest proposal by the Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives to the National Hazardous Substances Committee (NHSC) to revise its earlier decision to ban paraquat, chlorpyrifos and glyphosate.

Mr. Anutin is expected to hold a news conference on Monday, at the Ministry, to declare its wish to retain the ban on the substances, especially the weed killer paraquat and pest controller chlorpyrifos.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-health-ministry-to-oppose-resumption-of-the-use-of-toxic-farm-chemicals/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

is up in arms against the possible resumption of the use of two hazardous substances, paraquat and chlorpyrifos

These 2 chemicals have caused a lot harm to people . ( Cancer )

Bayer , who bought Monsanto , ( the original producer ) , just paid , I think , about 8 billion dollars in the US ...

They are on the blacklist and not allowed to use in many countries , but Thailand is still hesitating ... why ?

Ban them indefinitely NOW !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

They are murderer's! Of The people and the land. I run a farm and don't need the chemicals. They have been banned since June yet I think people are using it even more now. All my neighbours are using it, not just the farmers. My land is now the most fertile around our area because we don't use it!! The long term damage is evident. 

what about TERMITE kill firms for CONCRETE houses ?

all my neighbors do it, everybody they know, do it...

my ex-wife forced it also, till she moved out (lol)

ZERO termites in the CONCRETE house for 18 months ...

I could understand if you live in a wooden built house ...

dangerous chemicals the company cannot even tell me in the past what they were spraying

yeah, may ben rai attitude

• Like 1