Plan on the table to allow Europe’s ‘snowbirds’ into Thailand for up to 9 months

webfact

1 hour ago, Huckenfell said:

Its all Aussie <deleted>. My mate's partner lay in a Buriram hospital dying from spinal cancer aged 25. He was refused permission to leave the country to see her, and later on again refused permission to attend her funeral. But recently we see that a very rich businessman was giver permission to go to Europe to pick up his new luxury yacht.

Jesus...I thought Australia was a democracy...you have a flight ban out of the country??? ????

2 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

So, what did I say exactly that is untrue??? Everything is available to search. You are just a TROLL. Do not search on Google, You Tube or FB. Search Firefox, BitChute and use your own common sense. If you have not watched the documentary or even heard of Luc Montagnier then you only listen to the Mainstream Media and platforms that aImhavere the playground for those who are lying to you. Even if you do not believe get the knowledge and then decide. Remember, Gates has said, Give the vaccine to the blacks, indigenous and the government workers first. I wonder which category  you will fall into? Everything I say is true and can be verified by anyone with a computer or a phone. It is your life. This has been coming a long time. 

I have done plenty of research and then applied common sense to the situation.. All conspiracy theory nutters use the argument "do research and don't follow the mainstream",, its pretty silly. The reality is that the majority view is the majority view for a reason, but some people like to hunt for hidden agendas, many of them make serious money out of it.. Why don't you start to apply sensible thought to what is likely to be the situation,, wouldn't that be novel. Of course to think like this would mean you are no longer behaving like a conspiracy theory looney... 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

After years of abuse and being called things like dirty and dishonest, years of bad service, years of being treated like a second class pile of pooh i could go on and on... Now you are looking to Europeans to try and boost your economy? Well forgive me if I firmly raise my middle finger in disbelief of your utter cheek. I and many, many others will not be returning, instead we will spend our money eleswhere. Europeans were already coming less and less over the years before Covid because we have had enough... Short memory Thailand has.... You want big spending visitors again, eat a big slice of humble pie and extend the appropriate respect (which you have consistently failed miserably to do) to the people who keep food on your table...

The rulers of Thailand dont really care, they are all filthy rich and none of them have any idea of how to run a country. They got to the top of the tree in their field not by being good at it .

4 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

After years of abuse and being called things like dirty and dishonest, years of bad service, years of being treated like a second class pile of pooh i could go on and on... Now you are looking to Europeans to try and boost your economy? Well forgive me if I firmly raise my middle finger in disbelief of your utter cheek. I and many, many others will not be returning, instead we will spend our money eleswhere. Europeans were already coming less and less over the years before Covid because we have had enough... Short memory Thailand has.... You want big spending visitors again, eat a big slice of humble pie and extend the appropriate respect (which you have consistently failed miserably to do) to the people who keep food on your table...

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

No such patent! And nearly everything your read on Internet about Bill Gates and Covid-19 is pure BS, spreaded on the net by people... like you! ????

Please check your facts before writing such fake news.

I do my friend. It is you that needs to check! Search on Firefox on what Luc Montagnier said about the COVID 19 Virus? It is a fact! 

Bill and Malinda Gates' Foundation has patented the COVID 19 Virus, FACT! And well before the outbreak. Watch the documentary, if you think they are still lies after checking the information yourself then you are a TROLL. They cannot publicly say those things if they were untrue as the companies would be sued by Gates. Fauci is replaced and a sealed indictment taken out against him by Trump. Remember you will be injected with fhe vaccine before me ( You must be old as you can say bye bye to ever hzving children) no comeback either. No more compensation. Tell the children who were awarded over 4 Billion dollars in the US for vaccines that disabled znd killed that they are conspiracy theorists ( incidentially invented phase by the CIA to thwart any inquiry into the JFK assassination which you probably still believe Lee Harvey Oswald did) Or the little girls that died in India as a result of Bill gates supposed vaccination and vitamin trial with village girls! He was thrown out of India. 

There have been quite a number of ideas thrown out there by various people mostly within the government and mostly not feasible. Surely the Thai government can get together some clear thinking people within the various effected industries and formalise a plan that will be both attractive and safe. Islands like Koh Samui and Phuket are the obvious starting places given that they are islands means it’s strategically much more easy to control. There must be a number of hotels with substantial grounds capable of controlling a quarantine situation where only overseas tourists can stay for a 14 Day control period and a further 7 days within the island. After the 21 days they can travel anywhere within the country. There are so many empty hotels and unemployed hotel staff surely they would jump at the chance to get things kicked started and given the time of the year there is many Europeans that will return given a sensible scenario. So let’s hope the government can show some foresight to put together some clear thinking professionals to come up with a plan. Without meaning to sound condescending but given the comments, contradictions, statements and retractions made by the various elected leaders they should sit well and truly on the sidelines offering support only from their various positions to a well thought out plan. 

2 minutes ago, leicesterguyuk said:

Everything you have written is utter nonsense. I'd be worried if even you yourself believe it. 

Covid is not a killer? Everyone has it? You can't test healthy people? No food on a 13 hour flight? 

Stop spreading these inaccurate lies. 

Im with you fella, these conspiracy theory nut cases do no good at all. At best they are just a pest that subsides when the current crisis is over, at worst they scare people with their lies.. We would all be better off without them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

The conspiracy weirdos have been going nuts since this covid situation started.

Too true, they are getting on my nerves now because this crisis has been around for so long. All the other tragic stories they were only around for a short while and then they disappear back into that black swamp they come from.

7 minutes ago, ukrules said:

The conspiracy weirdos have been going nuts since this covid situation started.

There are a few 'conspiracy theories', or maybe just theories out that surrounding all of this that might have an element of truth in them. Not always the most helpful but they get people thinking. 

But the nonsense that Sumarianson is posting is actually dangerous. It's pure lies, no argument about it. Thankfully these idiots are the minority and hopefully most people will see through it. It's totally horrible, shameful and disrespectful.

Edited by leicesterguyuk

After nearly 25 years living on the big TIT, the Xenophobe Index has risen in Thailand like at no time that I've been here. Thai people are drinking the Kool-Aid big time. I'm noticing many of the young Thais are not as friendly anymore, unless of course there's money involved then don the LOS mask.

And yet now the desperate irony and need for foreign cash to avoid a crash and burn scenario that may force them to sell their Mercedes.

I've traveled to many countries over the years, but I can't recall ever being in a country like Thailand where most foreigners understand they will ripped off by locals as a time-honored cultural tradition. I honesty have no sympathy for their tourist debacle.

Maybe if they listened to foreigners more they might find out what would be attractive enough to return. These gov't officials are chronic ethnocentric clods. Period.

Edited by Rockbottom
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, samsensam said:

Then they’d be clear to roam around the island for their third week. After 3 weeks on the island the visitors would be free to travel to other parts of Thailand.

how are they going to know which tourists are which? which tourists have been in thailand for more than 3 weeks? which foreigners are tourists and which foreigners are long term residents, retirees, employees? will they have police checks all over the country continually stopping and checking foreigners? it's a mad plan.

You burn them with a numbered steak on their foreheads. 

8 hours ago, Ben Robert said:

After leave more than 40 years in Asia ,no in Europe, of course I am looking for tropical Weather in the Winter.I dont no what Thailand doing? So I have to do my next Winter in Vietnam...................

And seeing as Vietnam is closed and will be until the end of the year at least please tell us how you intend to do that exactly?

At least Thailand is exploring ways to let you in, Vietnam is not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

And seeing as Vietnam is closed and will be until the end of the year at least please tell us how you intend to do that exactly?

At least Thailand is exploring ways to let you in, Vietnam is not.

And Bali closed till the end of this year,at the least.

Small beer!

Thailand has made it's choice- tourism has been decimated.  If it opens it's borders now then you'll see 20-40k deaths or be in to a second lockdown. So, that would be the worst of both worlds.

I know some people think differently but Thailand hasn't even had a first wave (as evidenced by minimal cases at the hospital).

Lockdown comes at a horrible price unfortunately.

No alternative for the next year or so.

On 8/31/2020 at 8:38 AM, Rookiescot said:

OK on the 3rd week when you are on parole whats to prevent you catching the virus from someone who just arrived. When tested you will still show negative because you have only just been infected.

You then jump on a plane and make your merry way around Thailand infecting others.

According to the information coming out of the quarantine centres, it is that the people that have just arrived cannot interact with anyone else until they have been tested, which I believe is on the 5th day of quarantine.

As far I can see the procedure is about as good as it can get, never going to be perfect, even if you continue to stop people entering the country.

I came through BKK on Friday and there is a designated area at the far end of the pick up area for the ASQ people to wait and board transport.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 8:48 AM, jonclark said:

That question must be answered for the people of Phuket, before this goes ahead. What are the consequences for them if local transmissions occur as a result of the 'Phuket plan'?  

It is my understanding that the people that will work in the quarantine facilities will also effectively have to quarantine and remain on the premises.

It would then be a case of in/outs, like delivery drivers etc. and no control is ever perfect.

It is a question of mitigating the possibility with the ability to contain, or leave things as they are.

I would think that if this goes ahead, tourist travel into Phuket will be stopped altogether, a problem for some businesses but the revenue from the quarantine facilities will offset it to a certain extent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

According to the information coming out of the quarantine centres, it is that the people that have just arrived cannot interact with anyone else until they have been tested, which I believe is on the 5th day of quarantine.

As far I can see the procedure is about as good as it can get, never going to be perfect, even if you continue to stop people entering the country.

I came through BKK on Friday and there is a designated area at the far end of the pick up area for the ASQ people to wait and board transport.

Did you go or just walk out ?

5 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Thailand has made it's choice- tourism has been decimated.  If it opens it's borders now then you'll see 20-40k deaths or be in to a second lockdown. So, that would be the worst of both worlds.

Unlikely .. maybe 2-4k of elderly. It seems around 6-7.5k got cropped in November-February, since then the D614 variant has likely swept over the country already. A few pockets of vulnerable will exist. With TETRIS (Test, Trace, Isolate) some of those could be protected.

Thailand doesn't have large scale testing ability nor effective tracing ("too expensive") so lockdown it is, to protect those vulnerable. In the meanwhile the economy will get decimated and far more deaths in the younger demographics will happen. A convenient thing in suppressing the student uprising, although that hasn't really worked either. The usurpers can't get anything right.

Edited by DrTuner

I think that the Phuket 4Ts propsal sounds reasonable to me . 

( Was watching last statistic from Dr John Campbell yesterday and in Europe the death rate is decreasing sharply , allthoug some countries are having an encreas of infections ).

Test before departure . Test at arrival . Eventl test after "x" days and Toursit from low rate CV should be already a good form of protection. 

What is worst scenario? Toursist Industry Collapse or Phuket 4Ts proposal?

14-21 day Quarantine is nice idea. But consider how many rooms are needed. How many hotels in Phuket qualify? If there are 1000 rooms, that means only 1000-2000 faranges per month.

I personally am up for it because jet lag takes me 14 days to recover. You would want a good room with a balcony too. It would be ok.  The bonus would be cheap prices and uncrowded place for once in Thailand.

On 8/31/2020 at 11:08 PM, leicesterguyuk said:

Everything you have written is utter nonsense. I'd be worried if even you yourself believe it. 

Covid is not a killer? Everyone has it? You can't test healthy people? No food on a 13 hour flight? 

Everthing I say is truth and can be verified. It is all public knowledge in so far as you go to the trouble to find it, of course not on google, FB or You Tube. I am 61 and have seen the game been played for years. If you are not aware then it is through ignorance and a trust in the "system" along with being susceptible to the years of programming. I have not watch mainstream news since the 70's but like so many you are not aware that the CIA admitted in senate hearings that the manipulated and controlled the media. It was Rockefeller who first bought the newspapers to manipulate the public. That is also common knowledge and a matter of record. I am not here to educate the closed minded. There are plenty that are aware and they are growing in number. Trafalgar square made that evident last Saturday. I would doubt that you have watched the documentary for if you had you would not be making such ignorant statements and making derogatory statements! Watch the documentary as all that is said is verifiable with links should you wish to do your own investigation. I do not see Gates or Fauci sueing anyone? 

On 8/31/2020 at 11:08 PM, leicesterguyuk said:

Cannot state exactly what I have said that is untrue?

I stated that a Nobel prize-winning virologist stated publicly that Covid 19 " was cleverly created in a laboratory" was that a lie? As you say that all I said was a lie? Even that is searchable on google you lazy troll <deleted>!

• Confused 1

On 8/31/2020 at 9:46 PM, GAZZPA said:

????????, Have you actually researched this? I don't mean have you read the story once and therefore it must be true,,, have you actually dug around a bit? It is you who is the TROLL. Every single thing you are claiming is very obviously false if you bother to read properly. Funny how the big "conspiracy" theory idiots make an absolute boat load of cash for performing such an admirable service to the public community. You are very clearly just another spreader of lies, pedalling garbage you read online helping it go viral and adding confusion and fear to people,,, you should be ashamed of yourself!

It is you my friend that should be ashamed! Yes, I verify everything I say! I have spent 35 years waking people. I know a troll when I see what they write. You obviously have done no research whatsoever on the subjects I raised just troll and try to bismirch honest people who are attempting to create an awareness on the subject. Even if you had googled the Nobel prize winner and what he said about COVID 19 you would see that that is correct, laying waste to your claim "that everything I said was lies". Anyone can search what I said and find it to be true and I suggest they do before making wild and unconscionable statements they could not make to my face!