Two dead one missing in septic tank at large Pathum Thani company

webfact

Two dead one missing in septic tank at large Pathum Thani company

2pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

An investigation is underway after two people were found dead inside a septic tank at a large company on the Pathum Thani to Lat Lum Kaew Road on Sunday. 

A third person was believed to be inside the septic tank but had not yet been located. 

A vehicle belonging to a private company used to extract waste was parked at the scene. There was a pipe connecting the vehicle and the tank. 

Khu Bang Luang police had sealed off the scene and Poh Teck Tung foundation staff were in attendance. 

The septic tank was three meters wide, three meters deep and three meters long, reported Sanook who gave no information as to how someone could be missing in such a space. 

They said that a security guard was on duty at the company limiting access to the plant. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-31

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The septic tank was three meters wide, three meters deep and three meters long, reported Sanook who gave no information as to how someone could be missing in such a space. 

I guess that depends on how toxic the liquid is. Maybe he is vaped into thin air.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

No mystery. That's 27 cubic meters tank volume and the average human body is around 0.07 cubic meters volume so my quick and dirty math suggests there could be room for almost 386 average Somchais in there.

• Like 1

Didnt learn from Songkhla accident. 4 people died.

Regrettable 2 people died again, when do they finally learn? How many people still have to die like this?

Measure, measure, measure and then even dont go in without breathing equipment, safety line.

Dont go in with and use equipment which can cause a spark. Otherwise you will have another problem.

It will not be big like in Libanon, but you will have a blow.

I hope they did use a hose, conductive and grounded, so static electricity is flowing away and not piled up to create a spark. Guess not. Though i see a white line hanging out but not clamped on the ground of panel. Would that be a ground cable for something? 

And what is that guy doing there in green uniform wearing flip flops?

Well i see lots of flip flops, they went in on bare feet?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Sounds like a typical 'fallen in the well death' someone falls in then rescuers follow. Multiple people can end up dead in such an incident, I've read about a few of them (not in Thailand) over the years.

Yes I remember a while back in Hong Kong there were quite a few reports coming out of China where children were going into wells after frogs and collapsing but then being followed by friends, family members etc.  In one case almost a whole family was wiped out by methane gas sitting in the base of the well.  Sorry state of affairs that a little education could have eliminated.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

I guess that depends on how toxic the liquid is. Maybe he is vaped into thin air.

Methane has causes unconsciousness rapidly and is necessarily present in septic tanks. This happens quite often actually. 

What a shเtty way to die. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Sh$tty way to go ???? 

Steaming Poop Images, Stock Photos & Vectors | Shutterstock

Is that guy being blown to bits? I see pieces of things falling all over the places. I am talking about that guy cleaning the big round thing and something blown out from that big tube. He must be death I think.