UK repatriation flights gone in 4 minutes?

I was on at Bang 9am.

We had our visas. 

How do you pre register when they don't open till 9am - there was a huge countdown. 

Tells me i can't register everyone in my group. <deleted>

Automatically takes away 2 people from my group. 

Then can't select class of seat. 

Then tells me flights are gone. 

In 4 BLOODY MINUTES !!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndrewMciver said:

They never answer the phone.

Yet this is the day they decide to release a new website AND release their repatriation flights.

Horrrific.

Sorry this is not a new website. I noticed that the registration part was not accessible. I'm not surprised nearly 600 comments on their Facebook page regarding problems with no shows for the August flights. 

The talk in the UK community was that 3000 had registered for the July flights. There have been attempts to get more flights arranged but to no avail.

The German government managed to get 30,000 of their citizens back from NZ in April the efforts by the Thai government have not been overwhelming. There was also a rumour, never substantiated, that Thai was having problems in Europe due to non payment of fuel biils. Also the number of SQ rooms available.

Edited by tso310
Added more info
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, pazienza said:

Got my mother a flight. Pre registered so I was able to click next multiple times until confirmed, took about 1 minute 

What do you mean you PRE REGISTERED ?

The countdown opened at 9am ... there was a huge bloody clock counting down. 

As soon i logged in, attempted to book a seat it wouldn;t allow everyone in my party of 3 to book. I was specifically told this is how you register. 

If all flights are gone in 4 mins, shouldn't this tell them there is a bloody huge DEMAND FOR FLIGHTS BACK EVEN WITH A QUARANTINE. 

I created an account which had all her details stored. I believe pre registration closed 3 days ago - when it came to 9am all details were already loaded so it became a one click process

I think if booking for 3 people, I'd have pre registered 3 accounts/logins and then logged in on multiple tabs.

I can sympathise though, I think the number of flights does really need to increase, its madness having everyone scramble at the same time. Hopefully you'll have some luck with people not purchasing the flights which will free up space

I am guessing that as so many people had already registered for previous flights that they decided to hold back on new registrations. It would have been better if they had said this on the web page. Is it any surprise people get upset ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pazienza said:

I can sympathise though, I think the number of flights does really need to increase, its madness having everyone scramble at the same time. Hopefully you'll have some luck with people not purchasing the flights which will free up space

The website crashed for the August bookings. I believe the missed bookings were not re-advertised. 34 for the mid August flight is a lot. There are many comments on their Facebook page, mainly in Thai, with people commenting on the whole process.

I had an email from the embassy on Friday. They gave me the link where to book flights. It had a bloody countdown. They told me to register all names down on one account.

I register all names and passport numbers. 

Get to next screen to book flights. 

Click on flight. 

This is about 9:01am

I then get an error message saying i cannot book all people in my party. It removes one person. 

I click on alternative flight. Again it does not let me book saying i cannot book all passengers.

9:03am i am on the phone to embassy (no answer) and trying to work out what on earth is going on.

9:04 sorry you loser all flights have gone. 

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG ?!

So angry and frustrated here. 

I was up all night, didn't sleep. Was on my laptop for 8am, waiting and waiting - was refreshing and refreshing till i could log in.

There was no option for me to register at any time last week. 

I register everyone in my party.

Click flight. 

Tells me not everyone is registered. Randomly takes one person away from my account.

This messing about for a few minutes means i lost these flights.

I am beyond devastated here.

Away from my family for another month. 

6 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I DID WRONG ?!

So angry and frustrated here. 

I was up all night, didn't sleep. Was on my laptop for 8am, waiting and waiting - was refreshing and refreshing till i could log in.

There was no option for me to register at any time last week. 

I register everyone in my party.

Click flight. 

Tells me not everyone is registered. Randomly takes one person away from my account.

This messing about for a few minutes means i lost these flights.

I am beyond devastated here.

Away from my family for another month. 

Those like me were able to register in August as we missed that batch. This meant that those of use that did go through this and registered last month did not have to register today. This meant we were able to Login which automatically took me to the flight choice screen. 

Granted it was closed and booked very quickly but it WAS possible to pre register last month for this month's flights. 

On the same token, your login for today will work next month meaning your registered and don't have to do again 

Edited by swbaggies
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, swbaggies said:

Those like me were able to register in August as we missed that batch. This meant that those of use that did go through this and registered last month did not have to register today. This meant we were able to Login which automatically took me to the flight choice screen. 

Granted it was closed and booked very quickly but it WAS possible to pre register last month for this month's flights. 

On the same token, your login for today will work next month meaning your registered and don't have to do again 

But i got to the flight booking page. I clicked on the flight i wanted. Clicked the class.

It said NOT EVERYONE IN YOUR PARTY IS REGISTERED. What type of error message is this?

I fear next month it will be the same nonsense. 

I really am gutted here. 

All the best you got through. I was given shiit advice by the embassy. He told me to reigster everyone on one address - i can't believe all flights were sold out by 9:01. 

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Is it possible someone like the Thai embassy in London had block booked most of the seats already and therefore the number available was very limited?

HAS TO BE.

I was on the flight booking screen at 9:01am - i had everything copied and pasted into the registration. 

I had the flights clicked. It just wouldn't let me proceed - with the damn error message saying not everyone in my party was registered. 

Utter nonsense. I know i am being a bit over emotional here, but i am beyond devastated. 

I was led up the wrong path, error messages that aren't making sense, and flights sold out in 3 minutes. Just beyond devastation. 

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Is it possible someone like the Thai embassy in London had block booked most of the seats already and therefore the number available was very limited?

I think it was showing 254 economy available. Only 1 seat was red when my wife got in.

3 minutes ago, swbaggies said:

Only 50 economy for each flight were available for non-Thai

I think if you were a single farang, not travelling with a Thai, you would be bumped if the flight was full. I seem to remember seeing an embassy posting about this. Preference to 'Thai brothers and sisters' was the term used.

6 minutes ago, Greghuntleyuk said:

Should there not be some clue for Thailand authorities that even with a quarantine the demand is huge.

Flights gone in a few minutes is crazy. It's just down to luck if you get a flight.

As I said on the first page "The talk in the UK community was that 3000 had registered for the July flights. There have been attempts to get more flights arranged but to no avail." 

I think it was also interesting that the main International schools organised an EVA flight to return to Taiwan via Bangkok a couple of weeks ago. Obviously not much faith in the Thai gov to organise something for the teachers waiting to return, which they now have done. Currently on its way to London.

Edited by tso310
  • Like 1