Trump defends accused Kenosha gunman, saying his life was likely in danger

webfact

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wasn't trying to distort the statistics... another poster was.

You were and you did.

Here are the real statistics:

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The Barmbeker said:

No he had no right to do that with a gun, because he was a minor and it was past curfew!

He was also from another state and had no right to be there!

Enough with the nonesense!

Your ability to critically think for your self rather then parroting other's nonsense would suggest you have the mental capacity of a minor with an emotional curfew.  100 years ago Children in the US would take their rifles to School on certain days.  The "gun" hasn't changed a hell of a lot over the last 100 years, so what has changed?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, dunroaming said:

That is the problem, people blindly following a flag.  Republicans good, everybody else bad.  Doesn't matter who the moron is leading them, they cannot distinguish.

No wonder the country is so screwed up!

That's it summed up, leave them to fester and wallow in their hatred. Black vs white, right vs left, commies vs fascists, maybe they should think more about dieting instead of getting fatter 555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Logosone said:

You were and you did.

Here are the real statistics:

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-of-systemic-police-racism-11591119883

That's a different argument that the one the other poster was making...

But even so, the following sounds pretty disproportionate to their relative population shares, since blacks make up only about 13% of the U.S. population.

I wonder if they also have a database for chokeholds and knees on the neck.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

Your ability to critically think for your self rather then parroting other's nonsense would suggest you have the mental capacity of a minor with an emotional curfew.  100 years ago Children in the US would take their rifles to School on certain days.  The "gun" hasn't changed a hell of a lot over the last 100 years, so what has changed?

In the USA today some children still do take their rifles to school on some days!  That always ends badly.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

He ain't getting off with a double murder and an attempted murder, stupid boy!

Don’t worry, loose lady, I’ll be sure to say “I told you so” when he does. 

• Haha 2

Was he protecting his own property, no. He went there with an assault rifle to cause unrest and trouble, he got both, idiot.

It would be the same as a Millwall fan deciding to sit amongst the West Ham fans with his Millwall shirt on and shouting "who wants it", the end result would be the same he will get it, boom!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

That is the problem, people blindly following a flag.  Republicans good, everybody else bad.  Doesn't matter who the moron is leading them, they cannot distinguish.

No wonder the country is so screwed up!

I have no problem distinguishing. Biden would make a blabbering puppet for the left. The guy can’t even remember which lie he needs to tell from one moment to the next. ????????????

Edited by DBath
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Heppinger said:

Yep.  The very definition of repugnant is having 300 pound dykes and safe space homosexuals screaming about the injustice towards a few worthless cretins when considering whats happening in some countries in Africa at the moment. 

Eloquently put, sir!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

The more I read the posts by the Trump excusers the more I realise just how screwed up the USA really is.  I made an agreement with my American friends never to discuss American politics since Trump was elected.  They say it is just too embarrassing.

Aww schocks go on give it a go. 

Give us thick, knuckle dragging, Trump supporters the benefit of your political insight. 

But please no orange man bad, orange man lies narrative, we've heard it all before. 

Some cold hard facts detailing the disasterous three and half years, Trump has been president, would be nice. 

Away you go.! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

The relevant thing to outsiders is....America is in crisis and nobody seems to be in control!

Nah! growing pains! One side of the body wants to continue like it has for hundreds of years while the other side of the body had a small enigma a paradox of wanting to burn down the system!

Tell ya what, Americans will figure this out ! How's the twilight zone doin

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, riclag said:

Just imagine if people would only obey police commands and not resist arrests,all of this would have never occurred!

And back to the OP and it's headline, wonder how you feel about the President chiming in regarding standing legal affairs and investigations, or are such comments only undesired when they do not align with your own politics?

Take the first line of this post as a reminder, not the only one in which you expressed similar views -

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1179321-couple-who-pointed-guns-at-protesters-tell-republican-convention-that-suburbs-in-peril/?tab=comments#comment-15746428

Is it, then, ok for the President to comment decidedly on standing legal proceedings, police investigations, pronounce guilt or innocence? And yeah, it might be not-illegal for him to do so, that's not the point. And it may be that many posters, citizens and ordinary folk express views in such manner, fair enough. But is it appropriate and right for the President to engage in such manner, considering the office he holds?

I'm allowing myself a guess - swing-voter riclag does not actually approve of such demeanor by the President, while Trump-fan riclag is ok with whatever.

"Lock her up! Lock her up!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1