Positive in ASQ then what ?

If someone tests positive in ASQ are they transfered to hospital and then their insurance policy covers the bill or do tgey remain in ASQ?

The health policy I am looking at has a 15 day wait period for covid so need to know just incase Itest positive.

Edited by mlkik

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As far as i know if tested positive you are sent to a hospital for further testing and treatment.

Then I will have to have my policy up and running at least 2 weeks before any possible flight to avoid the chance of not being covered.

Also I think it is not worth the gamble of not paying the full policy price to get a cheaper quote just incase of catching covid on the flight.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2020 at 8:02 AM, ubonjoe said:

As far as i know if tested positive you are sent to a hospital for further testing and treatment.

If in quarantine and test + with no symptoms there is no need for hospital admission, you're putting more people at risk of infection, your quarantine room is the safest option for everyone.

If you have severe symptoms that's another story.

29 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

There is no treatment for a virus ?

There most certainly are treatments. Those treatments do not prevent some people from becoming seriously ill and even dying, but treatments to reduce serious consequences exist and are improving.

17 minutes ago, BritTim said:

There most certainly are treatments. Those treatments do not prevent some people from becoming seriously ill and even dying, but treatments to reduce serious consequences exist and are improving.

Ok I will rephrase they can ease the symptoms with drugs or put you on a ventilator if you have a respiratory issue but that will not cure Covid19.

There isn’t even a cure for a common cold, hot drinks, paracetamol and let it ride its course.

4 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Ok I will rephrase they can ease the symptoms with drugs or put you on a ventilator if you have a respiratory issue but that will not cure Covid19.

There isn’t even a cure for a common cold, hot drinks, paracetamol and let it ride its course.

Correct. Your body needs to combat the virus, and it is designed to do so. Any medication you are given is aimed at, at best, helping to alleviate the effects you feel while it is doing so.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, oompie69 said:

Correct. Your body needs to combat the virus, and it is designed to do so. Any medication you are given is aimed at, at best, helping to alleviate the effects you feel while it is doing so.

Blood thinners to prevent blood clots and steroid drugs for those in serious straits (both of which reduce mortality) do a little more than just relieve symptoms, unless you consider premature death a symptom.

Edited by BritTim

18 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Blood thinners to prevent blood clots and steroid drugs for those in serious straits (both of which reduce mortality) do a little more than just relieve symptoms, unless you consider premature death a symptom.

Edit - missread the above post and went on the counter attack:

Completely agree with the above. 

Edited by richard_smith237