UK minister surprised by Scottish independence referendum move

snoop1130

1 minute ago, transam said:

Are you telling me the whole of the House of MP's don't have business interests that the government maybe interested in......???? 

Hypocrisy is a word that is no stranger to the SNP and some of it's conditioned followers.

• Like 2

Just now, RuamRudy said:

I am not telling you that at all, but you are refusing to confirm if you have any concerns about the bypassing of tendering rules. Will you call for conflict of interest declarations to be made public, and where there exists concerns, for these to be fully investigated?

I don't care, but I do care about this.....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

The difference here is I am not defending Ferrier. She should be gone.

You on the other hand are defending Cummings but demanding Ferrier go.

Hypocrisy.

Surely you can see the difference between an MP (effectively an elected lawmaker) getting on a packed train with members of the public after a positive test, and an advisor driving somewhere in a private car with symptoms that may or may not be covid?

You are trying to say they are the same thing when they clearly aren't.

The fact that other members of the SNP have disowned her and thrown her under the bus doesn't make it all OK. She is still a member of the SNP and is clearly a massive hypocrite with no shame whatsoever. It reflects incredibly poorly on her and her party, especially after all the other indiscretions by other members of the party. This just highlights how these sanctimonious left wing virtue signallers work, she criticized Cummings and asked him to resign, then did something far worse and refuses to go. And you call the Tories the nasty party. What a joke the SNP have become.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

1) How do you plan on funding defense?

2) What currency will you use?

3) Will you accept a hard border ?

4) No guarentee on joining the EU - especially in regards to an open border to England. 

5) What do you plan to build you economy on? You have nothing, now that North Sea oil is at a rotten low. 

6) How do you work out the debts you owe?

Utter horse balony. You've also already had an election a few years ago. Best out of three?

Make up your mind - on the one hand you are wanting us kicked out, minutes later you are trying  to prevent it. 

1) How is anything funded? Why not ask how we are going to fund the purchase of elastic bands? It is every bit as asinine. 

2) GBP then Scottish Pound. 

3) Yes

4) So?

5) Now you really are showing yourself up. The question you should be asking is how England is going to survive with one less donor country to leech off.

6) What debts?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

You don't care that our corrupt government is putting in place corrupt contracts that the taxpayer is paying for? What a tragic state of affairs - no wonder the UK is such a laughing stock around the world when its people so spineless. 

Hey, that's only half of my post, the important bit....Very naughty...

As for the rest, I don't think you know what you are talking about, you are just picking on what you think, or what your lefty rags are telling you... Your lot took us to war in Iraq over BS, there will always be something to pick on, and for you, it seems you are just smouldering in your lefty stuff.......What are you going to come up with next, the price of beer in the House...????

13 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am not telling you that at all, but you are refusing to confirm if you have any concerns about the bypassing of tendering rules. Will you call for conflict of interest declarations to be made public, and where there exists concerns, for these to be fully investigated?

Did you have a problem when the Scottish Government gave 97 million to the Ferguson ferry contract to the 'highest' bidder due to a vested interest or corruption.

The SNP makes the Tory Party look like The Waltons, night Dom boy, night Boris, night grandma.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

Did you have a problem when the Scottish Government gave 97 million to the Ferguson ferry contract to the 'highest' bidder due to a vested interest or corruption.

The SNP makes the Tory Party look like The Waltons, night Dom boy, night Boris, night grandma.

He thinks the SNP are squeaky clean......???? 

2 minutes ago, vogie said:

I do, yes - but the willingness of the Brexiteers to hide these contracts is my point. We are not talking about beer money here - £15 billion into the pockets of their friends is not something to be forgiven, in my book.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Surely you can see the difference between an MP (effectively an elected lawmaker) getting on a packed train with members of the public after a positive test, and an advisor driving somewhere in a private car with symptoms that may or may not be covid?

You are trying to say they are the same thing when they clearly aren't.

The fact that other members of the SNP have disowned her and thrown her under the bus doesn't make it all OK. She is still a member of the SNP and is clearly a massive hypocrite with no shame whatsoever. It reflects incredibly poorly on her and her party, especially after all the other indiscretions by other members of the party. This just highlights how these sanctimonious left wing virtue signallers work, she criticized Cummings and asked him to resign, then did something far worse and refuses to go. And you call the Tories the nasty party. What a joke the SNP have become.

They were both stupid and should both resign.

But of course only one of them was in the SNP and thats all that matters to you. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

They were both stupid and should both resign.

But of course only one of them was in the SNP and thats all that matters to you. 

No, only one was an MP who knew she was doing wrong on public transport.........

1 minute ago, Phulublub said:

That's Ok then.  Thanks for clearing that up. 

Except that the SNP have publicly disowned her, removed the whip, suspended her membership and called for her to resign.  Not a great deal more that they could do.

Compare with publicly defending and remaining in post. 

PH

Remaining in post as what.....?

Did another, an MP, travel on public transport KNOWING they had C19..?

Remaining in post as what.....?

Did another, an MP, travel on public transport KNOWING they had C19..?

So you can break the rules on corona just not the one about public transport.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm sure the entire country is grateful.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

So you can break the rules on corona just not the one about public transport.

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm sure the entire country is grateful.

You missed out Member of Parliament and the number of public involved in an MP's actions, but expected...????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

A (The?) senior advisor to the PM, with direct influence on policy direction.   Or were his actions perfectly acceptable to you (including drving on the public highway for 60 miles to test his eyesight was good enough to drive on the public highway.

She should go - I have not seen or heard anyone saying otherwise.  But as an MP there is no lawful way of removing her without her resignation. 

PH

Must I tell you again, Cummings it not a representative of any Brits in the House as an MP....

• Like 1

Must I tell you again, Cummings it not a representative of any Brits in the House as an MP....

You did not need to tell me once.  I know that.  But I am at a complete loss to understand why you keep defending him and his actions.  Does the fact that he is unelected mean he is free to break any and all guidelines as he wishes, even thoug he had major input into their creation?

PH

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Except that the SNP have publicly disowned her, removed the whip, suspended her membership and called for her to resign.  Not a great deal more that they could do.

She is one of the SNP. Says a lot about the party.

• Like 1