UK minister surprised by Scottish independence referendum move

snoop1130

On 10/13/2020 at 8:12 AM, Rookiescot said:

What are you trying to say?

Are you suggesting Rangers supporters who want independence are traitors or are you saying Rangers supporters who do not want independence are traitors?

By the way the only people who use the word traitor around here are the Brexiteer unionists.

Supporting Northern Ireland being in the UK and wanting independence for Scotland might seem logical to you but not to me. 

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

@rott clearly doesn't.

And when it comes to Northern Ireland politics; your remark suggests that you don't, either!

In Northern Ireland, apart from a tiny minority of of Loyalists who adhere to the idea of Ulster nationalism, Loyalist and Unionist are effectively interchangeable.

The difference?

Unionists want to maintain the union between Northern Ireland and the UK, and are loyal to the UK Parliament and elected government.

Loyalists are also Unionists, but emphasis the maintenance of a Protestant heritage as a first priority.

So Catholics can be, and are, Unionists, but not Loyalists.

GTH ????

And who gave you your definition of loyalist? Sinn Fein? Corbyn? 

I remember a certain M. Thatcher describing herself as a loyalist. 

15 hours ago, 7by7 said:

No, but she was ejected from the party nearly 2 weeks ago just after her rule breaking was discovered.

In addition, Sturgeon has repeatedly called upon her to resign her seat; Blackford has repeatedly called upon her to resign her seat; the local SNP party in her constituency has repeatedly called upon her to resign her seat.

In fact, the only people who have not called upon her to resign her seat are Johnson, Cummings, nor anyone else at Number 10.

So what is your point?

Don't post excuses, has the SNP MP done the right thing and given up her salary as asked by all around her.......Yes or No...?

The MP that will not walk is the point, you know, the lady that slagged off Cummings who didn't even have C19 or was an MP....????

Johnson and Cummings can sit smiling quietly in the background as the SNP buries itself...????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Don't post excuses, has the SNP MP done the right thing and given up her salary as asked by all around her.......Yes or No...?

The MP that will not walk is the point, you know, the lady that slagged off Cummings who didn't even have C19 or was an MP....????

Johnson and Cummings can sit smiling quietly in the background as the SNP buries itself...????

Do tell us all how YOU would go about getting an MP sacked.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Do tell us all how YOU would go about getting an MP sacked.

You miss the point totally....????

She knows she flusked up, she knows her nice salary is flusked up if she resigns, she knows she has been asked from every angle to leave, she knows if she sits tight she will carry on being paid, another great ad for the SNP, that's now three dodgy MP's I can think of. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You miss the point totally....????

She knows she flusked up, she knows her nice salary is flusked up if she resigns, she knows she has been asked from every angle to leave, she knows if she sits tight she will carry on being paid, another great ad for the SNP, that's now three dodgy MP's I can think of. ????

Right so the SNP has done everything that it can so should be applauded for its actions.

What about the Conservative MP who has been accused of sexual assault and both remains anonymous and a member of the party?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Right so the SNP has done everything that it can so should be applauded for its actions.

What about the Conservative MP who has been accused of sexual assault and both remains anonymous and a member of the party?

Did he have C19...?

3 minutes ago, transam said:

It seems he may have, now you read this and tell me if his story is anything like your SNP MP.....????

https://www.bbc.com/news/52828076

So you were wrong in claiming he did not have corona.

Also from your link......

4. Did Dominic Cummings return to work on 27 March while suspecting his wife might have coronavirus?

Mr Cummings was seen running out of 10 Downing Street on 27 March. His wife, Mary Wakefield, in an article for the Spectator magazine about having the virus, wrote: "My husband did rush home to look after me."

In his press conference in the Downing Street rose garden, Mr Cummings said his wife was feeling a bit better after a couple of hours. "There were many critical things at work and she urged me to return in the afternoon and I did."

Public Health England (PHE) guidance, published on 12 March, stated that along with the infected individual "all other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days".

• Like 2

Cummings did not sit on a train with a zillion other folk, your MP did....

No he went by car.

And we are all to believe in that entire journey he never had to stop for fuel. Get food or drink. Go to the bathroom.

Remember he had his 4 year old in the car with him. I have never known a 4 year old go that long without breaks.

Also after he found his wife having corona symptoms he returned to Downing street to finish off some work.

Even though he must have known he had corona but was not showing symptoms. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

No he went by car.

And we are all to believe in that entire journey he never had to stop for fuel. Get food or drink. Go to the bathroom.

Remember he had his 4 year old in the car with him. I have never known a 4 year old go that long without breaks.

Also after he found his wife having corona symptoms he returned to Downing street to finish off some work.

Even though he must have known he had corona but was not showing symptoms. 

1. Did Cummings sit on a train knowing he may infect a zillion folk sitting on it..?. 

2. Did the SNP MP sit on a train knowing she may infect a zillion people on it...?

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The difference here is I am not defending Ferrier. She should be gone.

You on the other hand are defending Cummings but demanding Ferrier go.

Hypocrisy.

Cummings is not an MP representing the folk in a constituency, the SNP MP is. Cummings did not use public transport as the SNP MP did.....Big difference that you cannot see......

Edited by transam

3 hours ago, transam said:

I think she is the only sitting MP that took the p_ss actually having C19, I could be wrong though...

I am not sure, but the government is taking the p_ss in other ways - such as bypassing tendering procedures and awarding their close friends multi-million pound contracts. Who would want to stick around with these thieves in charge?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

I am not sure, but the government is taking the p_ss in other ways - such as bypassing tendering procedures and awarding their close friends multi-million pound contracts. Who would want to stick around with these thieves in charge?

So an MP cannot have business interests that the government maybe interested in...?

Just now, RuamRudy said:

Why kick us out? No need for that - we cannot get away fast enough.

1) How do you plan on funding defense?

2) What currency will you use?

3) Will you accept a hard border ?

4) No guarentee on joining the EU - especially in regards to an open border to England. 

5) What do you plan to build you economy on? You have nothing, now that North Sea oil is at a rotten low. 

6) How do you work out the debts you owe?

Utter horse balony. You've also already had an election a few years ago. Best out of three?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Are you serious? You genuinely have no issue with the £15 billion of taxpayers' money that has been handed out to shady companies with links to the government? Is there nothing you will not burn at the alter of Brexit? 

Are you telling me the whole of the House of MP's don't have business interests that the government maybe interested in......????