Biden looks to turn campaign focus to pandemic as Trump dwells on protests

webfact

2 hours ago, candide said:

No. That's only what Trump said

They did call him racist etc.... because of the second so-called Muslim ban. The rest of your post is at the same level of accuracy, so it's not worth losing more time with it.

"The Trump Administration’s expansion of its outrageous, un-American travel ban threatens our security, our values and the rule of law. The sweeping rule, barring more than 350 million individuals from predominantly African nations from traveling to the United States, is discrimination disguised as policy,” Pelosi said in a statement."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/480991-pelosi-trumps-expanded-travel-ban-is-outrageous-un-american-and-threatens-rule

Now in case you intend to find a statement by either Biden or Pelosi calling Trump a racist and mentioning the CHINA travel ban, I wish you good luck! ????

So Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden did NOT rant about racism and xenophobia after Trump implemented the travel restrictions on China?

Here's what Joe Biden said the day after Trump implemented travel restrictions on China:

“We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency.”

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200330/fact-check-did-biden-call-trump-lsquoxenophobicrsquo-for-china-travel-restrictions

So yes, my original claim on Joe Biden is true. However, I have looked at Pelosi's statement in Chinatown after Trump implemented restrictions on travel from China. She did not mention racism or xenophobia. So you got one right. Kudos.

Note your comments on what was said regarding the "Muslim ban" are irrelevant. The issue being posted about is Trump's restrictions on travel from China and what Biden said the next day.

Edited by MajarTheLion
additional info
  • Thanks 1

Interesting shift in the narrative regarding the BLM riots. They are now not called peaceful protesters, which is a relief to logic and sanity, and are now being called "violent protesters". a step in the right direction, but still grossly misleading in my opinion. The latest mayhem and violence in Rochester is not going to play well beaming onto the TV sets of middle America sitting down for family dinner.

'We're shutting you down': Violent BLM protesters attack stunned diners and smash up a restaurant in Rochester

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8700321/Protesters-cause-diners-flee-panic-shut-restaurant-Rochester.html

I am guessing at this juncture Harris wishes she could go back in time to not say these "protests" or whatever you want to call them will not stop, and nor should they. Such a terrible thing to say, and smacks of extremism.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Interesting shift in the narrative regarding the BLM riots. They are now not called peaceful protesters, which is a relief to logic and sanity, and are now being called "violent protesters". a step in the right direction, but still grossly misleading in my opinion. The latest mayhem and violence in Rochester is not going to play well beaming onto the TV sets of middle America sitting down for family dinner.

'We're shutting you down': Violent BLM protesters attack stunned diners and smash up a restaurant in Rochester

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8700321/Protesters-cause-diners-flee-panic-shut-restaurant-Rochester.html

I am guessing at this juncture Harris wishes she could go back in time to not say these "protests" or whatever you want to call them will not stop, and nor should they. Such a terrible thing to say, and smacks of extremism.

I believe Biden giving his token condemnation of the riots was intentionally about the same time Harris said she thinks they should continue.

And it's interesting how the riots have only become a concern now that normal Americans have had enough and are fighting back. I suspect there was also some polling or other investigation that revealed these riots don't bode well for Democrats. I can't imagine why they've been thinking riots, almost all in areas controlled by and ignored by Democrats, would be Trump's fault to even a casual observer.

• Haha 1

Just now, Tug said:

I know it doesent fit the fear mongering narrative trump pushes but the fact remains 93% of the blm protests are 100% peaceful with no damages whatsoever that leaves 7% were some damage was reported I’m sure it’s an even smaller percentage were major damage occurred btw before you get your undies in a knott all damage is bad as Kamala Harris and Joe Biden have stated 

No one is concerned with the allegedly peaceful BLM and Antifa riots. It's the violent ones that are an issue. However, I do find your standards quite interesting. I'm wondering if they represent the prevailing thought from the left. Far more than 97% of police interactions with black people are 100% peaceful. So why the difference in standards? Surely you'd agree that police interactions with blacks are mostly peaceful, correct?

Now, as far as fear mongering, you can rest assured many if not most rational-thinking people are concerned about the widespread violence, arson, assaults and murders being committed by these leftist groups.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, MajarTheLion said:

No one is concerned with the allegedly peaceful BLM and Antifa riots. It's the violent ones that are an issue. However, I do find your standards quite interesting. I'm wondering if they represent the prevailing thought from the left. Far more than 97% of police interactions with black people are 100% peaceful. So why the difference in standards? Surely you'd agree that police interactions with blacks are mostly peaceful, correct?

Now, as far as fear mongering, you can rest assured many if not most rational-thinking people are concerned about the widespread violence, arson, assaults and murders being committed by these leftist groups.

Most rational people know there is an underlying issue of race that needs to be addressed going forward if you can’t see the fear mongering agenda trump and his supporters push I don’t think you are thinking rationally 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

So Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden did NOT rant about racism and xenophobia after Trump implemented the travel restrictions on China?

Here's what Joe Biden said the day after Trump implemented travel restrictions on China:

“We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency.”

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200330/fact-check-did-biden-call-trump-lsquoxenophobicrsquo-for-china-travel-restrictions

So yes, my original claim on Joe Biden is true. However, I have looked at Pelosi's statement in Chinatown after Trump implemented restrictions on travel from China. She did not mention racism or xenophobia. So you got one right. Kudos.

Note your comments on what was said regarding the "Muslim ban" are irrelevant. The issue being posted about is Trump's restrictions on travel from China and what Biden said the next day.

As your factcheck concludes 'mostly false'. So you're wrong on both counts.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

What are "peaceful riots"? That you do your best to lump together protesters, rioters, ANTIFA and BLM is obvious. That it means anything outside your narrative, not so much.

• Thanks 2

Who cares about Qanon or how many Republicans believe in it? What difference does that make to actual human lives? Meanwhile on the Left we have a confederacy of dunces burning down cities without any regard as to who the victims are. We have professional academics who believe that 2+2=4 is inherently racist and sexist. Western civilization is by its very nature corrupt and racist. Qanon demonstrates that the Left doesn't have a monopoly on idiotic conspiracy theories. They only have a 99% monopoly in that.

BTW, I like the title of the article, as Trump "dwells" on protests. A pejorative term "dwells" that implies lack of justifiable cause. Said it once, said it a million times, media cannot even manage an article title without infecting it with their political bias. 

Edited by OtinPattaya
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Tug said:

I know it doesent fit the fear mongering narrative trump pushes but the fact remains 93% of the blm protests are 100% peaceful with no damages whatsoever that leaves 7% were some damage was reported I’m sure it’s an even smaller percentage were major damage occurred btw before you get your undies in a knott all damage is bad as Kamala Harris and Joe Biden have stated 

And I'm sure if these were right-wing protests you'd be at pains to emphasize that 93% of the protests were peaceful though 7% burned cities to the ground. I guess 30+ people dead in these peaceful protests are considered trivial property damage. Keep minimizing the carnage and when Trump is re-elected I will thank you and the other apologists personally. People like you will win it for Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Morch said:

What are "peaceful riots"? That you do your best to lump together protesters, rioters, ANTIFA and BLM is obvious. That it means anything outside your narrative, not so much.

I used the term because the media has continued to say that what are obviously riots are actually "mostly peaceful protests". As for your comment "lump together protesters, rioters, Antifa and BLM", the last three are essentially synonymous. With this damage we continue to see, real, actual protesters are obviously not an issue. They can keep protesting. No one cares about them. It's violence, rioting, arson and other crimes that are at issue.

At any rate, here is an example of how the media distorts what is happening. I would ask you that if these riots are characterized as "mostly peaceful", has there EVER been a mostly violent riot or protest?

Only Some Kinds of Protest Are Always 'Mostly Peaceful' | National Review

I believe it is ludicrous to characterize a riot where cars and property are being burned as "mostly peaceful". Of course, the above screen shot from CNN doesn't even show most of the damage. Here is a Google image search I did for damage from riots in Kenosha.

Given the damage caused, I believe it's intellectually dishonest to characterize what happened in Kenosha as "mostly peaceful".

Edited by MajarTheLion

20 hours ago, stevenl said:

As your factcheck concludes 'mostly false'. So you're wrong on both counts.

Biden said what I said he said when I said he said it. I used the fact check to support my claim, as it confirmed what Biden said and when he said it. Please tell me specifically what I posted that was proven "mostly false" by the fact check I cited. Also, I'm not sure what to make of "you're wrong on both counts". Here is what I said about Nancy Pelosi (emphasis added):

"yes, my original claim on Joe Biden is true. However, I have looked at Pelosi's statement in Chinatown after Trump implemented restrictions on travel from China. She did not mention racism or xenophobia. So you got one right. Kudos."

Maybe I missed something. Perhaps you are speaking of something else I posted? Please help me understand "wrong on both counts" with specifics.

Edited by MajarTheLion

1 hour ago, OtinPattaya said:

And I'm sure if these were right-wing protests you'd be at pains to emphasize that 93% of the protests were peaceful though 7% burned cities to the ground. I guess 30+ people dead in these peaceful protests are considered trivial property damage. Keep minimizing the carnage and when Trump is re-elected I will thank you and the other apologists personally. People like you will win it for Trump. 

Ahhhhh Tokyo 1945 that is an example of a (city) burnt to the ground Hamburg another example nothing absolutely nothing on that scale has happened in the United States stop exaggerating .all property damage is bad and those responsible should be prosecuted just stop the hysterical bs I know of no one who condones violence or destruction of property I know many who support addressing and resolving the racial inequality in my country all the damage done to Portland is about the cost to the us taxpayers of one of donalds little golf trips btw

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Harris has been pleasantly quiet this week as Biden attempted to distance himself from the partially peaceful protests.  Probably best for her, since she is on record eliciting bail funds for arrested rioters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MajarTheLion said:

I used the term because the media has continued to say that what are obviously riots are actually "mostly peaceful protests". As for your comment "lump together protesters, rioters, Antifa and BLM", the last three are essentially synonymous. With this damage we continue to see, real, actual protesters are obviously not an issue. They can keep protesting. No one cares about them. It's violence, rioting, arson and other crimes that are at issue.

At any rate, here is an example of how the media distorts what is happening. I would ask you that if these riots are characterized as "mostly peaceful", has there EVER been a mostly violent riot or protest?

Only Some Kinds of Protest Are Always 'Mostly Peaceful' | National Review

I believe it is ludicrous to characterize a riot where cars and property are being burned as "mostly peaceful". Of course, the above screen shot from CNN doesn't even show most of the damage. Here is a Google image search I did for damage from riots in Kenosha.

Given the damage caused, I believe it's intellectually dishonest to characterize what happened in Kenosha as "mostly peaceful".

You used the term because you're here to push a false narrative fitting your agenda and politics. That you and other Trump supporters staunchly refuse the differentiation between protests (legitimate) and riots (not legitimate) is nothing new. Same goes for lumping together rioters in general, Antifa and BLM. They are not "essentially synonymous" outside your echo chamber.

Your comment that no one cares about protestors is countered by numerous posts by Trump supporters on this forum alone, calling for protestors to disperses (or for authorities to affect this). Or similarly, the conflating between protests and riots.

As for your "worries" about distorting, can't say that providing a picture, and trying to make it the face of all reporting is particularly an honest way of addressing issues. Showing a hot-spot, while covering an otherwise non-violent protest is routine. Similarly, what you believe (or claim to believe) is none of my concern. Not when you provide a "search result" page, where many of the pictures are repeated. By all means, do go on about "distorting", though.

As for being "intellectually dishonest", yeah - pushing a made up term, trying to pin it on otherwise pretty much routine reporting is indeed intellectually dishonest.

• Like 1