Dentist's in Thailand?

2 is 1

I normaly take care my teeth in Finland, but last experience was terrible! I go puplic dentist and there wait me "mafia" looking guy whit full of tattoo! From Estonia!

He check my teeth and say "one tooth need root canal therapy". I say i don't have time for that so just pull that off! He did what i want and after week or so , that spot was heal (where pull tooth off). Still hurth like hell in my mouth! I go back in dentist, this time there was good woman dentist! She say to me that infected tooth still there! That a hole pull off wrong tooth! So i loose 2 tooth ! Coz woman take off real infected one!

So im asking guy's they experience about dentist in here. How good and most important do you always get anaesthesia if you want?

My dental surgeon is in Sri Racha, Chonburi; so no good to you. But excellent. No pain during any operation, including dental implants. Anaesthesia before anaesthesia, so you don't even feel discomfort from the needle.

General anaesthesia available for more complicated work. Totally ethical. I can say that without qualification or modification.

• Like 1

I need 2 tooth implant that really expensive! I ask coverment dentist place first if i have to pay that! (wife is coverment officer)

If i need pay , i go private!

Also cleaning and take off calculus!Total price can be over 150 k thb!

Edited by 2 is 1

5 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

Are dentists working normally in Thailand now or maybe just taking emergency cases? Is it wise to postpone routine dental work until the Covid-19 situation is resolved?

I think they have come back to normal work routine.

I've had good and bad experiences with dentists in Thailand. A few years back I went to a lady dentist in a Sri Racha hospital, after examination she gave me a quote for the treatment, I agreed and we went ahead, when I went to pay the bill I found out the quote was just for her service. The hospital added on use of the surgery, a fee for the nurse/assistant, some charges for materials and other things, pretty well doubling the original quote. And a couple of years later the tooth she treated started thumping, so I paid another dentist 500bt to pull the damn thing and throw it in the rubbish bin. 

4 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

I need 2 tooth implant that really expensive! I ask coverment dentist place first if i have to pay that! (wife is coverment officer)

If i need pay , i go private!

Also cleaning and take off calculus!Total price can be over 150 k thb!

Two implants, 90,000 baht here. Inclusive. In a hospital.

27 minutes ago, TSF said:

I've had good and bad experiences with dentists in Thailand. A few years back I went to a lady dentist in a Sri Racha hospital, after examination she gave me a quote for the treatment, I agreed and we went ahead, when I went to pay the bill I found out the quote was just for her service. The hospital added on use of the surgery, a fee for the nurse/assistant, some charges for materials and other things, pretty well doubling the original quote. And a couple of years later the tooth she treated started thumping, so I paid another dentist 500bt to pull the damn thing and throw it in the rubbish bin. 

How much was the original and final quote? I'm guessing not much.

Two years later? I think that's enough time for you to develop an infection of your own.

What does any of that have to do with good and bad experiences?

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

If you are in Bkk Mahidol Dental Hospital is a good inexpensive option. (I think I picked this up from Sheryl.)

Used to go there but gets very crowded, last time waiting 4 hours. They seem to decide on root canal without xray, it's cheapish.

9 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

I normaly take care my teeth in Finland, but last experience was terrible! I go puplic dentist and there wait me "mafia" looking guy whit full of tattoo! From Estonia!

He check my teeth and say "one tooth need root canal therapy". I say i don't have time for that so just pull that off! He did what i want and after week or so , that spot was heal (where pull tooth off). Still hurth like hell in my mouth! I go back in dentist, this time there was good woman dentist! She say to me that infected tooth still there! That a hole pull off wrong tooth! So i loose 2 tooth ! Coz woman take off real infected one!

So im asking guy's they experience about dentist in here. How good and most important do you always get anaesthesia if you want?

Are you sure you understood what he said? And are you sure he understood your language?

And not everybody with a tattoo is member of the mafia - not even in Estonia.

3adf01571a16bd07bd9bbc4d68cf1a6c.jpg

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Are you sure you understood what he said? And are you sure he understood your language?

And not everybody with a tattoo is member of the mafia - not even in Estonia.

3adf01571a16bd07bd9bbc4d68cf1a6c.jpg

Lol say looking like! Actualy Estonian language and finnish language are really close to eatch other! And cant be doctor in Finland if you not speak finnish! And how can i know what tooth need pull off?! LOL im not dentist!

How many times you have visit Estonia? I little know how things are there(have 2 company there) coz i dont want pay all tax! 

28 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Used to go there but gets very crowded, last time waiting 4 hours. They seem to decide on root canal without xray, it's cheapish.

Sometimes I think they automatically go for root canal treatment as soon as I open my mouth.  Am I unlucky?  Or is there a good reason?