100,000 expected to use buses, vans a day on long holiday weekend

webfact

100,000 expected to use buses, vans a day on long holiday weekend

By The Nation

800_d54996713f958f5.jpg?v=1599107274

The Transport Co Ltd is prepared to serve 100,000 passengers per day travelling during the long holiday weekend from tomorrow (September 4) to Monday.

Managing director of the Vehicle Business Department Manosh Saichuto said the company has arranged buses and vans to run approximately 4,838 trips per day, and 1,456 additional trips, totalling 6,294, which can accommodate about 100,000 passengers per day tomorrow (September 4) and the day after, while there will be a total 6,301 return trips on September 6, 7 and also 8.

About 60 per cent of tickets were booked in advance for the North, Northeast and South routes, a figure considered lower than usual as many had already travelled on the long weekend in July. Also passengers don’t prefer to travel much during the rainy season, he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393953

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-03

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Managing director of the Vehicle Business Department Manosh Saichuto said the company has arranged buses and vans to run approximately 4,838 trips per day, and 1,456 additional trips, totalling 6,294, which can accommodate about 100,000 passengers per day tomorrow (September 4) and the day after, while there will be a total 6,301 return trips on September 6, 7 and also 8.

Which can accommodate about 100 000!!!!!??? Really, again? They have been saying many times in the news that this country have great talent in math. They have won numerous competitions. How would it be if they try to show that?

6294 trip can accommodate 100 000 passengers. We are talking about ordinarie buses, right? 100 000 / 6294 = 15,88 passengers????? So, now buses can only accommodate 16 passengers per trip? Really????

Now I will go buy beer, so that I finally can reach the same intelligence level and accept it all.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

I hope everybody drives cautiously during the long weekend and the bus and

truck drivers are well rested and alert.  I quit riding in the mini buses 3 years

ago, only use the large sized Airport shuttle buses, and Sombat tours, and other

good companies to get from city to city. Have a great long weekend.

Geezer