Prisoner may have tested positive for Covid-19: CCSA

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, Farangstyle said:

Most of those who seem happy with this news and love to doom and gloom of a Covid-19 positive test are Poms . They have been whining since Jesus was a lad and love nothing better than to make the general populous as unhappy as they are !

I've read this whole thread and and haven't read anyone smiling and happy they diagnosed a case. It's more, I told you so.

And it's amazing the amount of sarcasm going over the heads of posters. Sarcasm. . .It's a beautiful thing.

• Like 1

I have seen  this virus  take off  like wild fire in Vic Australia  after  no  local cases for   3  months  

Do not let your guards  down Thailand  my wifes lives in Bangkok  area 

Was for a visitor from China  at University that started it  and it went crazy

Very  worrying times  (35 in one cell ) OMG   that is  wrong ...so wrong  no Human  rights  in  the Police  state  run by Army ?

However I  do think Thailand  has been  very complacent  not enough  testing 

God knows  how  many carriers  you have  with virus  no symptoms  just waiting  to mutate  to new conditions 

Very  scary stuff 

At least  this was not hidden a credit to Officials  being honest  (  I  admit  I am surprised)

Good  Luck Thailand 

16 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

There have always been cases in Thailand. The only place that I have come across someone with symptoms was in a Thai bar just off Ratchada soi 17 in March, a girl with a persistent cough.

It's quite naive believing the spin that they have been coming out with.

In Mar. there happen to be alot of cases in Thailand. March is a long time ago in covid time. One case better than 6 million

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, aussienam said:

It gets to a point where governments need to realise this invisible virus is impossible to eradicate forever.

That would require those that form the government,the politicians,to think about something other than getting re-elected hence surely you jest!You can see this clearly when comparing Thailand and Australia where the Oz government live in fear of not being re-elected and Thailand doesn't have such worries.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moe666 said:

In Mar. there happen to be alot of cases in Thailand. March is a long time ago in covid time. One case better than 6 million

It's not just one case though is it?Thailand hasn't reached 4000 cases yet so when compared to other countries I wouldn't say it was a lot.The only thing there was a lot of in Thailand in March was not testing there was definitely a lot of not testing in March.Why because it was too expensive,much better to shut down and destroy the economy that's much cheaper.

• Like 2

Update is here

Confirmed positive. He was symptomatic.

The infection was detected whiel he was still in quarantine, newly arriving inmates are quarantined for 14 days and tested (fortunately, as this would spread rapidly in prison conditions).

So infection in the prison is not prime concern, rather tracing his contacts before he entered the prison.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Has anyone heard where the 2 relatives live up country?

Not sure, but I guess he was a DJ at a big club in Nonthaburi, mand maybe a club in KSR?

Under the orders, the “3 Day 2 Night” pub was closed from Sept 4 to 6 and all its workers will stay at a provincial quarantine facility for 14 days. Besides, their family members and people close to them will observe home quarantine. Visitors to the pub were advised to seek COVID-19 tests at Bangkruai Hospital if they have a fever.

He was also the DJ of First Café on Khao San Road and lived at Baan Suanthon condominium in Bang Mod area.

He had been in close contact with seven family members, met a lawyer, 53 inmates and two prison officials and is the second inmate found with COVID-19. The man and at-risk inmates were treated at Correctional Hospital. (TNA)

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prisoner may have tested positive for Covid-19: CCSA

what does it mean MAY have tested positive, always thought one tested positive or tested not positive, what's the Thai definition of May tested positive, does it mean they didn't like the test result as it may damage their handling of covid19 credibility

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

what does it mean MAY have tested positive, always thought one tested positive or tested not positive, what's the Thai definition of May tested positive, does it mean they didn't like the test result as it may damage their handling of covid19 credibility

They usually do a second test to confirm it was nto a false positive.

Which has already happened. See newer article here

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1180934-authorities-on-high-alert-after-bangkok-prison-inmate-tests-positive-for-covid-19/

9 minutes ago, Seagull Sam said:

And is routine testing performed 'upcountry'? All those on this board parted from Isaan gfs please enlighten us.

There is no routine testing completed in Thailand.  I had a full program related physical which had many vials of blood collected for analysis on Monday.  I asked the Lab tech (vampire), as well as the doctor whether they could test for Covid anti-bodies to see if I had been exposed back in January when I fell sick for a few weeks.  I was told that there is no test that they can do, and the only way to have the test completed is for me to show possible symptoms, and then the test is completed at the Government Health lab that is the main repository.  So in essence, one will never know here in this country.  However they did do the lab test to see if I had syphilis for my DL Medical Certificate.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

There have always been cases in Thailand. The only place that I have come across someone with symptoms was in a Thai bar just off Ratchada soi 17 in March, a girl with a persistent cough.

It's quite naive believing the spin that they have been coming out with.

I have had a persistent cough 45 years. Due to allergy... 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

As much as it may not suit your agenda,  one case of Covid will not damage Thailand's credibility.

I wonder if the result of this will be the same as the other two previous people that took the Covid test because they want to work overseas and tested positive. But Thailand government reported that with further investigation they only had dead virus in the body and we’re not contagious.

If it wasn’t for the testing, none of these cases would have been discovered. This does seem to support the thought that the virus is very much active here but symptoms are mild no testing unless severely ill and lifestyle(travel and contacts) suggests you are high risk.

29 minutes ago, JusticeGB said:

No point testing people in Thailand because it will spoil it's record of 100 covid19 virus free days. We should give that person a prison sentence for damaging Thailand's reputation.

Less than 1% of Thailand's population has been tested according to the worldometers website and that includes people who have been tested more than once.

I believe that Thailand has a low number of infections but not as low as reported. This guy was only tested because he was in prison.

How many other untested people are infected?

Nail on the head......thank you.