Return Travel to Thailand

You will definitely not be able to avoid quarantine. What is the basis for your Non Immigrant extension of stay? If it is for a Thai spouse or child, your return may be possible. Contact the Thai embassy in Hanoi to see what is required for the COE (certificate of entry) now required to travel to Thailand. If you do not have a Thai spouse/child, you are currently out of luck. In any case, do not pay for any air tickets without talking to the embassy first.

OP, BritTim is the one of few guys on thaivisa with excellent advice and manners. I'm a fan.

However, forget you non o. 

You won't be able to return easily 

When things open up you can return to Thailand and start process again or obtain new non o in Vietnam.

Forget your current extension.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

You will definitely not be able to avoid quarantine. What is the basis for your Non Immigrant extension of stay? If it is for a Thai spouse or child, your return may be possible. Contact the Thai embassy in Hanoi to see what is required for the COE (certificate of entry) now required to travel to Thailand. If you do not have a Thai spouse/child, you are currently out of luck. In any case, do not pay for any air tickets without talking to the embassy first.

Retirement...Thanks for your reply...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GeKoSc said:

Retirement...Thanks for your reply...

IF you get a COE at all from your local Thai Embassy/Consulate then you'll definitely have to comply with the full entry regulations which at this time means SQ/ASQ for everybody.

4 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

IF you get a COE at all from your local Thai Embassy/Consulate then you'll definitely have to comply with the full entry regulations which at this time means SQ/ASQ for everybody.

And possibly pay an inflated price for a ticket on a repatriation flight. 

16 hours ago, FlyingThai said:

He's on a retirement extension and can't get a CoE. Yet. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GoForGolf said:

I hold Thai Residency. Go to the FB page and it is all there on what qualifies. Hope this helps. Wish you well to get home.

I don't know why you had 2 likes for your post.

The OP has extension to non O based on retirement. Cannot presently obtain COE.

Given the numbers on the government "list" that includes PR, work permit holders, folk married to Thai or parent of thai, etc etc

Maybe he can fly to Thailand sometime 2021

2 hours ago, GoForGolf said:

Hi, I am in quarantine having just done the process to exit VN. Depending on where you are located either Hanoi or HCMC you will find different levels of service at the Embassy/Consulate regarding your visa question and criteria to qualify for the COE. HCMC was by far the most helpful. To track when a flight is available, should you qualify, please go to the FB page of both Embassy and Consulate and check daily for updates on repatriation flights. The announcements are clear with instructions. But otherwise invisible to you unless you check. First you have to qualify for COE. Then prepare the other documents (it is a 2 step process - first COE, then the rest). They advise to get the flight booking last. From experience, if you have all that is required do not delay this step or you will miss out. I did mine first. I missed a flight from Hanoi. The last flight from HCMC was full. I was based in Hanoi, but exited via HCMC to catch the flight. No assistance from Hanoi Embassy because they don't run that flight. Flights were done in July and August. Perhaps monthly, perhaps not. The incoming flight from BKK was full with people returning to HCMC. ThaiVietJet ran the charter. Be optimistic. The rules will change to match the situation. There are only so many hotels for ASQ so they can't open the floodgates all at once. For clarification I hold Thai Residency. Go to the FB page and it is all there on what qualifies. Hope this helps. Wish you well to get home.

Thanks a lot for these detailed feedback...

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't know why you had 2 likes for your post.

The OP has extension to non O based on retirement. Cannot presently obtain COE.

Given the numbers on the government "list" that includes PR, work permit holders, folk married to Thai or parent of thai, etc etc

Maybe he can fly to Thailand sometime 2021

Our different status does not matter at this moment...but he reported  well how to go ahead when my status group will get green light to enter to Thailand.

Just now, GeKoSc said:

Our different status does not matter at this moment...but he reported  well how to go ahead when my status group will get green light to enter to Thailand.

Your status group will not have a status.

Your extension will expire and you will be in group referred to as tourist. 

I'm not being rude, just honest.