TAT mulls ‘expat card’ in bid to end dual pricing

webfact

9 minutes ago, bodga said:

To apply  just go to any embassy in your HOME  COUNTRY,    also needed  a  fit to fart document, an insurance policy of 8.45567 billion pounds  issued only by a Thai company   an "I am stupid certificate", 3  legs, 400000000000000000000 in a bank deposit and five  copies of your underpant size, 10  copies required of  all others  signed in red blue green pink with polka  dots  ink only and witnessed by both parents  living and  dead, you must also be able to sing the national anthem backwards at  double speed whilst texting on a phone and driving a  car.

There  will also be 10 years in quarantine at 1200000000000 baht a day.

APPLY NOW before its  too  late.....oh  yeah   all non refundable if you fail to pass and we can change terms at anytime.......does include free underpant washing once a  year.

I was denied because they said I wasn't Fit To Fart!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has touted a new card for expats that could be used to help stop the practice of dual pricing in Thailand.

nothing to worry,  it's TAT end of the week brainless BS post ..... why spend money with a new card, why not just use the current pink card or the much easier solution, just completely removed the dual pricing from any/all places, no need for cards of any sort

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

nothing to worry,  it's TAT end of the week brainless BS post ..... why spend money with a new card, why not just use the current pink card or the much easier solution, just completely removed the dual pricing from any/all places, no need for cards of any sort

Here we go again with the 'just use a pink card' comment.

Please be aware that some provincial offices refuse to give out pink cards even to foreigners who have lived here for most of their lives and fulfill all the criteria specified in 'da rule book'. Pink cards just not an option for some people, whether they want one or not.

Fortunately I have been let into most national parks at Thai price on showing my driving license, but that's not a perfect solution either.

I think the proposed Expat Card could be a good move, so long as we don't have to pay a fortune for it or have silly hoops to jump through to get one.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

Would someone please post how much they think they spend annually because of dual pricing?

So far I don't see it as a budget buster.

Annually? At least 500 baht. Strangely, I always come away from attractions feeling that I've had value for money. Probably because I don't ask how much Thais pay but focus on what I've paid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has touted a new card for expats that could be used to help stop the practice of dual pricing in Thailand.

It's the Prayut government instructing the National Parks to charge more to expats.

Before that I always got in for Thai price by showing my d/l, as did my pals with PR.

Now, citizens only,

TAT should ask the government to rescind their dual pricing order.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shuya said:

Same hassle to get this card as getting a pink ID card? No thank you, I rather waive visiting all those spectacular wonders of nature they call national parks.  

Up to you but no need to exaggerate the effort needed once to get the pink I.D. card.

• Confused 1

Sounds like a sledgehammer to crack a nut. 

just how many expats regularly visit tourist attractions, including national parks? Some for sure, but can be the thousands necessary to justify the legal and infrastructure requirements to implement such a card scheme?

double pricing is never an issue for me, I never go to “tourist” attractions for the simple reason that I am not a tourist.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

I showed my Thai driving license and so far it worked to get a Thai price. But I always was with my Thai girlfriend and perhaps this helped in addition. 

For me showing work permit and thai driving license has worked about 30% of the time, always with thai girlfriend.. 

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Do I have to go to immigration in order to get one? Then, no thanks. 

If the double pricing in State Hospitals is also slashed, count me in.

It is disgusting that long stay expats paying income tax in Thailand have to pay more in State Hospitals.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

So how many f park they think expat visit every year!? Or whatever place this "gold card" helps to get  thai price! Who actualy give a f if save 100 bth/year! How much card going to cost! !1900 bth minimum! If somebody one day show me this "donald duck" card i vomit!

Edited by 2 is 1

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

So how many f park they think expat visit every year!? Or whatever place this "gold card" helps to get  thai price! Who actualy give a f if save 100 bth/year! How much card going to cost! !1900 bth minimum!

Having a bad day?

• Haha 2

The long weekend will see Thailand “bustling”

Who on earth give them that idea? the only thing bustling will be the morgues with the increased road deaths, due to lack of correct road driver training, vehicle control and I almost forgot the most important thing common sense.

• Like 2