TAT mulls ‘expat card’ in bid to end dual pricing

webfact

3 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Just have one set entrance price for EVERYONE regardless of nationality, or residential status.

Job sorted !

All around the world, locals get discount. 

Royal Melbourne Golf Club, Disney world in Florida, castles in Scotland. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

but they can't make a card like this with ATM level security you can swipe at immigration for 90 day reporting?

insert card, pin number, push 90 day reporting button, receipt. done.  

and with a number you can use for the various times you need a Thai ID number like for utility apps and kiosks like True? 

Too logical....get into the corner!

3 hours ago, Oldie said:

I showed my Thai driving license and so far it worked to get a Thai price. But I always was with my Thai girlfriend and perhaps this helped in addition. 

It used to work for me, but not anymore (in most cases). Either it does not work at all, or I get charged the farang kid's price (I'm 40+), or I get a free ticket for my Thai girlfriend. Shout out to the Royal Flora park in Chiang Mai that gave me the "work permit" price (same as Thai price).

No thanks I would not pay anything to get into their so called attractions and national parks. Only two things are worth paying for here are concerts, when you do have to pay 140 baht, and the pictures, 60 baht on Tuesdays for grumpy old men. They can keep the rest thank you.

3 hours ago, MadMac said:

Another monumentous brain fart. You do not need a card. Just stop these ridiculous rip offs. One price for all. And if you are a local in need give them a discount or free service. That's all in place already.

No need to have different prices for tourists. If Thailand wants to rip people off, just be honest about it, and charge a 10,000 Baht arrival tax in the airport!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Oldie said:

I showed my Thai driving license and so far it worked to get a Thai price. But I always was with my Thai girlfriend and perhaps this helped in addition. 

That’s long since ceased to work in ANY of the places I’ve been,including Khao Yai National park,

• Thanks 1

WOW.   Between mulling...culling....anulling..... and bull sh**ing...

TAT is keeping mighty darn busy these days.   No tourists to distract them i guess

Edited by rumak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Oldie said:

Some places do not care if you have a Thai driving license or a work permit. They charge you more because you don't look like a Thai.

• Like 1

This will probably end up like getting permanent resident status. Sure you can have it, just pay x years of full Thai taxes first, learn to speak the language, and jump through various other hoops, all to save a few hundred Baht. I mean, let's be honest, how often do most people actually visit national parks, especially since so many of them are either a rubbish tip in the making or a complete let-down, a four foot high trickle of water down a rock after trekking through the jungle for half an hour?

• Like 1

Having a valid photo ID issued by Thailand Government  for foreign residents 

should have happened years ago.  Should be required for those here more than 90 days.

Dual pricing could be eliminated at official venues but Farang prices will ever go away

is a pipe dream. Give it a generation after corruption is curtailed large scale.

• Like 1