Can anyone share knowledge of extension for medical reason? 30 day from Sept 26th?

I'll keep it short and sweet, ONLY interested in evidence of decline or issue of 30 days from 26th Sept for medical reasons, what clinic or hospital was used, what was the case and what costs incurred? 

I fully understand that is a sensitive matter and blurring any pictures etc and limited info is fine... just whatever people are comfortable to share. 

I have a back up plan already, but a cheap 30 days might be interesting to me and others. 

As it's been a long w'end I know unlikely any evidence yet... but let's see what others know. 

Kindly don't criticise and judge others on here... stick ONLY to the topic please. Thanks in advance. 

9 minutes ago, thejudgegiles said:

You misunderstand. I am just interested to know if others have used what Immigration are offering in any way... simple. Sorry that you can't understand my post, I thought it was clear. 

Not clear at all. 

You will not be able imo to obtain extension based on confirmed medical issue. A headache won't cut it.

What medical issue would you plan to obtain extension? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrMilk said:

"Crazy in love" might qualify for a "temporary insanity" certificate

I know you were joking but, funnily enough, some kinds of acute psychological crises can be valid grounds for a medical extension. One acquaintance of mine was allowed to stay a couple of months to recover from a major manic episode. It would only work if a psychiatrist at a major hospital was willing to provide the certification.

3 hours ago, flynn said:

I would think for a 1000 baht one would be able to obtain one from any of the clinics or have the Thais gone straight ,,,,,,

Maybe the clinics are a bit afraid of coming up with a disease/sickness/disability for a healthy person that immigration will accept? 

Many years ago i came back here after a very bad accident at work to rehab here, (broken pelvises and femur), arrived here in a wheelchair, thinking i would just do a boarder run every month, that was when they then changed it to only 15 days, so i went to immigration and explained i was in to much pain to do that every 2 weeks, I was then told to go and get a letter from the hospital, and get the Doc to phone him when i was there, long story short although i had all my meds, the doc HAD to prescribe me pain killers so i was then being Treated by them as my injuries happened outside of Thailand, they kindly gave me a 3 month extension to the date of my flight departure. good luck and break a leg. :unsure::coffee1:

Edited by brianthainess

On 9/8/2020 at 7:50 AM, brianthainess said:

Many years ago i came back here after a very bad accident at work to rehab here, (broken pelvises and femur), arrived here in a wheelchair, thinking i would just do a boarder run every month, that was when they then changed it to only 15 days, so i went to immigration and explained i was in to much pain to do that every 2 weeks, I was then told to go and get a letter from the hospital, and get the Doc to phone him when i was there, long story short although i had all my meds, the doc HAD to prescribe me pain killers so i was then being Treated by them as my injuries happened outside of Thailand, they kindly gave me a 3 month extension to the date of my flight departure. good luck and break a leg. :unsure::coffee1:

I forgot to add; the reason; in to much pain to travel.

On 9/7/2020 at 6:52 PM, Max69xl said:

Maybe the clinics are a bit afraid of coming up with a disease/sickness/disability for a healthy person that immigration will accept? 

Only a hospital letter is accepted.

On hospital letterhead, signed and stamped.

Stating you are unable to travel, why and for how long.