Resumption of tourism between China and Thailand 'not happening any time soon'

webfact

3 hours ago, warcy said:

When more and more business close in Thailand, they will be forced to reopen to China, whether they like it or not.

Do you really think they do not know what's going on ? Not opening now and not giving clear information for coming high season will severely affect the Tourist Industry as Tourist tend to plane their destination for holidays! So what are they up to ? 

9 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

Do you really think they do not know what's going on ? Not opening now and not giving clear information for coming high season will severely affect the Tourist Industry as Tourist tend to plane their destination for holidays! So what are they up to ? 

Well lets put it this way: "There will be no High Season for Thailand in this upcoming year nor the beginning of next year".  I base this crystal ball view on the shaking of my Magic 8 ball and each time I ask it the VERY DOUBTFUL sign is displayed.  So there you have it, the Magic 8 Ball has spoken, proof shown below.

Image result for Magic 8 ball doubtful

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Percy P said:

Japan did not build the Bridge over the River, they had it built by prisoners of their war which many died including Thai people

Everyone knows that, it's like saying that Filippo Brunelleschi did not build the Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence Italy, it was really the artisans of the town that built it. Or like saying the Pantheon in Rome wasn't built by Agrippa and Hadrian et al., it was built by slaves and poor laborers. It's how historians talk.

19 minutes ago, Enzian said:

Everyone knows that, it's like saying that Filippo Brunelleschi did not build the Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore in Florence Italy, it was really the artisans of the town that built it. Or like saying the Pantheon in Rome wasn't built by Agrippa and Hadrian et al., it was built by slaves and poor laborers. It's how historians talk.

But I thought Rome was built in a day, or maybe the saying is Rome wasn't built in a day, oh well its late and my mind wanders.  

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Well lets put it this way: "There will be no High Season for Thailand in this upcoming year nor the beginning of next year".  I base this crystal ball view on the shaking of my Magic 8 ball and each time I ask it the VERY DOUBTFUL sign is displayed.  So there you have it, the Magic 8 Ball has spoken, proof shown below.

Image result for Magic 8 ball doubtful

Also my magic mirror had the same result ???? . Questing him " why ? " he had no logic explanation ... 

• Haha 1

Now can you believe China do not want it people to bring in COVID to Thailand? Plus they did not want to return under the terms and conditions Thailand has in place. What a smart move on their part being that they are cause of this pandemic. It would only take one of them to return and it starts up again.

Ok Thailand, now you have your #1 country that you were praying to get back in to reboot the country. They have said that even they do not want to visit under the terms and conditions you have in place. Now what is your plan?  Nobody wants to come here and spend their holiday watching Sophon and ordering home delivery. 

Here a suggestion: tear down old places and rebuild new so when the time come to reopen, people will want to see the 21st century Thailand. 

21 hours ago, webfact said:

A senior official of the Chinese embassy in Bangkok has ruled out early reopening of tourism between China and Thailand, as the two countries are not ready to open the sector.

Maybe that will shut Phiphat up with his constant drivel.

23 hours ago, webfact said:

A senior official of the Chinese embassy in Bangkok has ruled out early reopening of tourism between China and Thailand, as the two countries are not ready to open the sector.

Well that's a kick in the pants for T.A.T... 

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Well that's a kick in the pants for T.A.T... 

TAT's Slogan "When the going gets tough Tourism gets better" "Come one come all and enjoy Thailand from the inside of your hotel room while eating luxuriously catered meals"

And then they wonder why the doors get slammed back in there faces.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

I am beginning the think that there might be some hope for the Junta controlling Thailand, lest you forget they formented a coup to oust a duly elected government a few years ago. After being criticized by ALL Western powers, they cozied up to "Big Brother" in China for support, changed laws to handicap any opposition and manipulated the election of a man who initially stated  that he had no political desires....have I made any factual errors yet?

The leaders of Thailand had the country well on the road to becoming a vassal state of the CCP.  I have many Chinese friends and ALWAYS make a clear distinction between the Chinese people and the criminal organization that has controlled China since 1949, a.k.a the CCP.

The "Boys in Uniform" wanted to buy some worthless unneeded submarines on credit and build a canal across Thailand to facilitate the PLA navy entering the Indian Ocean without going through a choke point of the Malacca Straits....the Kra Canal. Both of these blatantly stupid moves would have put Thailand firmly into a infamous "CCP Debt Trap" facilitating the countries move to "CCP Vasal" nation status. Fortunately enough pressure was put on the Junta to stop these foolish moves.

As of late, there have been numerous public demonstrations in in Bangkok by thousands of peaceful protestors claiming that Thailand has a dictatorial non-representative government. Several months back I unwisely used the word "Dictatorship" in a post on the Nation website... I was immediately slapped with a 10 days suspension and assessed "points" (whatever that means?)  The implication is clear. Thousands of Thai protesters can take to the street and use a word that the a farang is forbidden to use. I learned my lesson. I come from a country with freedom of speech and it naive of me to assume that I have the same rights here.

I am a guest in this country and have been in and out of Thailand since 1974....yep! The Vietnam war! I love Thailand and its people. This is my second home and feel privileged to be allowed to stay here. I am a former professor at well-known Thai University in Bangkok and a former member of the Foreign Correspondents Club of Thailand.

At a certain point in time we reach the stage of our lives where we spend more time re-learning things that we have forgotten than learning new things. I have re-learned a valuable lesson. If you are not Thai, you are a guest here and no matter what the country, it is unwise to involve yourself in the politics of a country that is not your own.

I am happy to be here and also happy with recent decisions of the current government. there might be hope after all.       

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

TAT's Slogan "When the going gets tough Tourism gets better" "Come one come all and enjoy Thailand from the inside of your hotel room while eating luxuriously catered meals"

And then they wonder why the doors get slammed back in there faces.

LOS... Land of slogans... T.A.T have got nothing else, out of ideas.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

LOS... Land of slogans... T.A.T have got nothing else, out of ideas.

However, TAT has a great Idea to boost domestic tourism by "mulling the creation of more holidays and opportunities for locals to visit various parts of the kingdom". Now just where the hell are folks going to get more money if they work fewer days.  Some Brilliant Brain Trust work here....you have to wonder what the collective education is.

7 minutes ago, blacksuitdandruff said:

Is this DJ a disc jockey or the initials of his name?  Thai or foreigner?  Might have missed a previous article.

And interesting how DJ went to the criminal courts.

Thai, a disc jockey and arrested for drugs. Short answer. Tested on his arrival in prison and wholly shutters batman

40 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

However, TAT has a great Idea to boost domestic tourism by "mulling the creation of more holidays and opportunities for locals to visit various parts of the kingdom". Now just where the hell are folks going to get more money if they work fewer days.  Some Brilliant Brain Trust work here....you have to wonder what the collective education is.

At T.A.T I think that amounts to zero, unlike the salary they command.

On 9/5/2020 at 8:51 AM, keith101 said:

Even Chinese tourists want to visit Thailand, but Thailand is unlikely to open for foreign tourists, he said...

How is one supposed to understand the phrase "Even Chinese tourists want to visit Thailand"? Is it because visiting Thailand is a last resort, or are Chinese tourists the lowest possible group of tourists worldwide to want to travel anywhere?

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Didn’t the locals just asked the government to give them a monthly stipend ? Wonder how the government is going to finance that money  with the economy as it is. 

2 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Didn’t the locals just asked the government to give them a monthly stipend ? Wonder how the government is going to finance that money  with the economy as it is. 

I can just see it now for the 3rd quarter report.  "Thailand had an increase of over 2,000,000 percent thanks to domestic tourism", but then the increase was funded by the Government, so with a 20 billion baht increase in spending the net was 0 baht as all the money spent had come from the Government to begin with.  Yes Sarcasm on my part, but the truth needs to be heard and understood.  No matter what is spent the Government is financing the majority of it.  So many lies...

• Like 2

On 9/7/2020 at 6:13 AM, JohnBZ said:

China has a trade war with US.  It wants to preserve hard currency and will not encourage its citizens to travel overseas for a while.  My guess is until the economical situation is cleared up.  Minimum is not before Chinese new year 2021.

Thailand is still being coy about letting foreign tourists in.  But honestly there is not much risk letting Chinese in right now.  China is highly regulated to fight Covid.  To give you an example: in one university, they do not let students go off campus.  

IMHO, It is better for Thailand to force the issue saying Chinese can come in without any hurdle and then hear what Chinese government respond.  Use belt and road project to entice too.

Thailand is under the hand of China from long time already.

What does Thailand export ? What does it import and from where ? How much fees on importation ? What is the autonomy of Thailand about (food only in fact) ?

Look at this closer and you will see that China (who is very huge country) is much more influential on Asian area (and now, around the world) than what you seems to imagine.

When China start to make rubber, price of rubber fall down so much that Thai people start to have difficulties to go ahead with their so huge rubber plans. When China start to interest more to rice to sale to Africa, then price of rice on Thai market goes up quickly... didn't you see this ?

China is a country with a very huge economic power now, he has a kind of monopoly to decide what their neighbors will do or not. Their is nothing democratic there... not only from a little country, but in all the Asian continent.

But probably more all around the world now. It is only all about business of nations monopoly corrupters VIP (we are talking about almost 2000 people in the world on 8 billion who share more than the half of the money and resources power)... And look closer at Hong Kong history and fiscal paradise, why and how they exist, but also many bank history and where the money was (is) coming from.

Maybe right now this COVID story has something other in relation with business more than life of world population interest. If a power statement nation or organization would care about life of population (even if only their own), who would be the first to know by facts.

• Sad 1

On 9/7/2020 at 1:56 PM, Kaopad999 said:

It should stay this way until there is a vaccine. And that goes for ANY tourism. 

A big problem i see happening is tourists refusing to wear masks, especially now with all these Anti-maskers growing on a daily basis :crazy:

mask.jpg

The picture I see here is just another dumb, uneducated, self-serving and self-pissing important, infantile prik!