Non-O Extension Thai Wife, 4th year

Good afternoon, 

A long time member but hardly post, 

Today is my last day of hotel quarantine in a Bangkok hotel, recently arrived from overseas. 

My Non-O extension ends on the 9th October, can I go in after the 10th of September to extend it? Am I right reading that it can be done within the last 30 days? 

Required: 

TM 7 Application

1 Photo (4 x 6 cm).

Copy of passport, main page, visa, TM 6 arrival / departure card.

Copy of marriage certificate.

Copy of Kor Ror 2 (long tabien) from Amphur office.

Copy of house registration (blue book / tabien baan).

Copy of wifes ID card.

Letter from bank to prove 400,000 Baht in bank for at least 2 months.

Map location of house, hand drawn. 

Photo's of marriage / at house / in front of house and so on.

Hotel did my tm30, but I would be doing a new one tomorrow morning when I check in at my house

Fee1900 Baht to pay for it!! 

Am I missing anything? besids wife (she is coming along) 

Thanks forum

Walailak

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply up to 30 day or 45 days at some offices before your current extension ends.

You list looks correct. Here is my general list. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

Thank you so much for your reply, I was just double checking since I was stranded overseas I haven't been able to follow /read the forum like I would normally. 

Have a great evening, 

I'm spending my last night hotel quarantine,

arrived on the 24th of August,

I can see suwanabhumi from my hotel balcony, 

Regards 

1599479706018.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply up to 30 day or 45 days at some offices before your current extension ends.

You list looks correct. Here is my general list. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

Ubonjoe, your checklist is very useful - thanks for posting it. I am in a similar situation. However I will be residing in a condo in Bangkok which I purchased back in 2013, therefore no lease agreement exists to prove residence. I am wondering whether the title to the condo unit with my name on it will be accepted for this purpose. I have been working abroad for the past 7 years and not spent more than 30 days at any one time in Thailand. 

Edited by mbeau

29 minutes ago, mbeau said:

However I will be residing in a condo in Bangkok which I purchased back in 2013, therefore no lease agreement exists to prove residence. I am wondering whether the title to the condo unit with my name on it will be accepted for this purpose. I have been working abroad for the past 7 years and not spent more than 30 days at any one time in Thailand. 

Proof that you own your condo will be accepted instead of a rental agreement. Do you have a blue house book for it?

If you had a blue house book your wife could be registered in it and that would be all that you would need.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bangkokbrian47 said:

I've been doing this for 8 years (same wife, same house, same Immigration office) and still they'll find something to screw you with.
This time it was my Kor Ror 2. It was 3 days old but they wanted one that was issued on the same day, just like the bank letter (20km trip to get another one).
Also, photos too large. Question: "What size do you want?" Answer: "Normal" - go figure!! (10 km trip to take and get new photos)
Also required 1 photo to show the whole house. Should have included a helicopter photo of Buckingham Palace. 
That might have thrown them.

I feel for you as am just assembling my documents and it is total overkill for us long timers where nothing ever changes. The new CM list of BS photo criteria lists 2 pics outside and including the house number, 2 pics inside, and pictures of the family in their bedrooms. Normally has just been 2 out and 2 inside.  It is always a xenophobic charade of moronic hoop jumping. It is no wonder the students have had just enough with the you know who and how they are supposed to be little non thinking marching ducks warped from kindergarten. 

CM is at least good of letting the bank statement have a date a day or so before, but on your part for the Kor Ror 2 updated doc, how retentive and just not nice. 

Edited by holy cow cm

Done my yearly Visa, --Udon Thani--yesterday---3 weeks early. Only difference in the place was the social distancing. just 6 allowed inside while the others sat apart outside, one going in as one left. They had erected a covering outside. & I got a thank you for coming early---I guess their expecting a crush on the 26th.

13 minutes ago, joost koedooder said:

They say that somebody will come to our house to check! anyone has experience with this?

That commonly done for the first extension of stay (it is not a visa) application. They will contact you before they plan on doing it.

In most cases it only takes a few minutes. The may ask for one of your neighbors to confirm you are living at your residence along with your wife.

Thank all for your feedback /comments/suggestions.. 

This is the first time that I got so many replies, usual it's only one from Ubonjoe. 

I'm going early tomorrow morning to Chaengwattana , let's see how it goes. 

I will update this thread if anything strange comes up or if I experience a new requirement. 

Quick update, 

Everything went smoothly, only needed one copy of everything in the list,

Few things new to us..

They asked fir the copy of mum's name in thr blue book, as the owner of the house, they never asked for it before. 

Also on the wife's declaration form she had to add a line on the bottom of the page stating my source of income as I don't work, she just added the word "from savings". 

I have more than the minimum 

400,000 baht, I meet the criteria so what is the problem?

Last thing when asked to take a pic together with the officer's camera, wife had to hold the marriage certificate attached with her id card, weird I bet you not.. 

In a round 9.05am out by 11.45am 

Chaengwattana Bangkok 

• 1 month later...

Quick update, 

Picked up the extension on Friday 9th after the one month consideration period, because of the amnesty I was given stamp until the 31st of October 2021, so basically I got 1 year and 22 days instead of 1 year, extra free days first time ever, 

Walailak 

I did my extension last week at Changwattana and in addition to the standard list they wanted.

Every page of my bank book not just covering 2 months seasoning of 400K. Bank book update, bank letter and statements were all on day of application

2 copies of all supporting documents they sent me away to get these copied.

We had also included 6 months bank statements which they took, title deed of the condo where we live and its blue book  + my wifes house registration as its different from where we live she is still registered at her parents.

• Like 1

When i did my 60 day extension the IO officer went through all the documents i would need for the 1 year extension and they included

proof of ownership for the condo I rent

copy of tabien baan of condo owner

My landlord is very helpful but they have lost their tabien baan and apparently it could take over a month to get a replacement.

Any ideas what i should do, just risk it and go without?

1 hour ago, walailak said:

Quick update, 

Picked up the extension on Friday 9th after the one month consideration period, because of the amnesty I was given stamp until the 31st of October 2021, so basically I got 1 year and 22 days instead of 1 year, extra free days first time ever, 

Walailak 

Yeap, Jake72 and I got extra extension of stay time also....close to 13 months on our marriage extensions of stay at CW.  See below thread/posts.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1187100-cw-monday-oct-12-non-o-extension-of-stay-based-on-marriage/?do=findComment&comment=15907316

12 hours ago, VintageTQ said:

My landlord is very helpful but they have lost their tabien baan and apparently it could take over a month to get a replacement.

Any ideas what i should do, just risk it and go without?

Do they a copy of the tambien ban. A copy signed by them is all that is needed. The owner could also request a print out of of tambien ban registry at a Amphoe or Khet.

A copy of the chanote for the condo would also be accepted.

Proof that your landlord is the owner is mandatory.