Anyone Tried RapidVisa24?

3 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

How are you settling into Thailand ?

Slowly getting accustomed to the ways of Thailand ?

After a few decades or so.  Yes!

So far I appear to be getting there better than you by the looks/sound of i!.

Edited by fangless
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Ok first hand experience report as of SEP 9 2020 because all this speculation and second hand info seems to rub people the wrong way.

Today I initiated long term visas for two people close to me

I contacted a multitude of agencies and also language/schools in BKK and Pattaya (the latter was recommended to me because apparently it's more liberal, read bribe receptive down there).

1) Language Schools don't take any more students for ED Visas since the process to get legit docs from MOE takes a long time. Legit universities just started their academic year and you can't get in anymore for this year.

2) Visa agents are a dime a dozen. There is always TVC in Bangkok and other big names but while I don't have reason to believe they provide bad services they wanted the passports for 6 weeks and that was a no go. I also didn't have any personal references for TVC. Eventually I settled on VIP Visa in Pattaya (Mods can delete the name of the agent if it's not permitted to post it) because I had at least one reference and they said everything will be done in 2-3 weeks.

3) Cost was secondary for us at the moment. Yes there might be more amnesties but I want this back and forth to be over, mostly because my gf being worried started to go on my nerves.

The agent quoted for a Volunteer Visa: 3 months 25,000 Baht, 12-months (only available if any Non-Imm visa is already in the passport 40,000 Baht), 15 months 55,000 Baht. Multiple Entry Option additional 4,000 Baht (I wanted that ME option, it's a deal breaker for me once borders reopen).

I was a bit miffed at first having to go down to PTY to hand the stuff over but had a nice day down there and the agent picked up at my hotel. Most of all: He was on time (I hate when deals start with people being late).

No matter which agent you use, take several GOOD copies of your passport and entry stamp especially if you plan to travel or check in at hotels. I don't like to part with a passport for too long hence why TVC wasn't an option for me.

Personally I still think there will be more amnesty options coming up but at this point I didn't care anymore. We were already able to squeeze 5 months out of the lemon.

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

Ok first hand experience report as of SEP 9 2020 because all this speculation and second hand info seems to rub people the wrong way.

Today I initiated long term visas for two people close to me

I contacted a multitude of agencies and also language/schools in BKK and Pattaya (the latter was recommended to me because apparently it's more liberal, read bribe receptive down there).

1) Language Schools don't take any more students for ED Visas since the process to get legit docs from MOE takes a long time. Legit universities just started their academic year and you can't get in anymore for this year.

2) Visa agents are a dime a dozen. There is always TVC in Bangkok and other big names but while I don't have reason to believe they provide bad services they wanted the passports for 6 weeks and that was a no go. I also didn't have any personal references for TVC. Eventually I settled on VIP Visa in Pattaya (Mods can delete the name of the agent if it's not permitted to post it) because I had at least one reference and they said everything will be done in 2-3 weeks.

3) Cost was secondary for us at the moment. Yes there might be more amnesties but I want this back and forth to be over, mostly because my gf being worried started to go on my nerves.

The agent quoted for a Volunteer Visa: 3 months 25,000 Baht, 12-months (only available if any Non-Imm visa is already in the passport 40,000 Baht), 15 months 55,000 Baht. Multiple Entry Option additional 4,000 Baht (I wanted that ME option, it's a deal breaker for me once borders reopen).

I was a bit miffed at first having to go down to PTY to hand the stuff over but had a nice day down there and the agent picked up at my hotel. Most of all: He was on time (I hate when deals start with people being late).

No matter which agent you use, take several GOOD copies of your passport and entry stamp especially if you plan to travel or check in at hotels. I don't like to part with a passport for too long hence why TVC wasn't an option for me.

Personally I still think there will be more amnesty options coming up but at this point I didn't care anymore. We were already able to squeeze 5 months out of the lemon.

I think TVC just advertises longer timelines, because my 15 month took less than 3 weeks, and they quoted me 5-6 weeks. ????

There price breakdown was 3 month for 25,000, and 1 year extensions for 35,000 (you did NOT have to do both at same time but it was an option, but you didn't get a discount for doing that).

Feels a lot better to have it all sorted out... I could care less if amnesty is extended, I have a long term solution to survive it until the borders reopen.

How much did VIP visa say 90 day reporting was? TVC quoted me 100THB, and then in 2021 goes up to 500THB each time.

Edited by patient37
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Does anyone know where the passport goes and why it takes so long?

I am not sure but TVC did give me a application status link for my application and a few days after i start the process the timeline updated and showed an application receipt, and then 2 weeks later it showed the visa stamp, and a day later I got my passport back with the visa.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, patient37 said:

How much did VIP visa say 90 day reporting was? TVC quoted me 100THB, and then in 2021 goes up to 500THB each time.

They said the reported will be done for free if I wish to use them. Of course the agent being in Pattaya that's a bit difficult unless I take another trip down which wouldn't be all too bad. I really like the city without tourists.

27 minutes ago, FizziBublech said:

So has anyone actually obtained a visa from rapidvisa24 or is the consensus that it is not a legitimate company? 

I have not personally but the answer is that Key Visa can obtain you a visa and extension, zero issues.

Also positive reports from folk that used companies such as Thai Visa Centre.

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, FizziBublech said:

So has anyone actually obtained a visa from rapidvisa24 or is the consensus that it is not a legitimate company? 

I think we're waiting for the OP (last heard in post #19) to get back to us   

...though, anyone apparently with a 'close friend' or 'relative' processing paperwork in an immigration office that caters to 'farangs' can start up a visa service business ... so getting one conversion or extension processed doesn't mean much as far as a track record is concerned.

On 9/9/2020 at 7:28 PM, humbug said:

they should never be allowed to use the volunteer visa, have to be honour amongst thieves, respect the needy and the voiceless, once they abuse this, lots of real places will be destroyed and then the last one to abuse will be the visa for monkhood

You do your user name justice, I'll give you that!

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, FlyingThai said:
On 9/9/2020 at 9:08 PM, patient37 said:

They said the reported will be done for free if I wish to use them. Of course the agent being in Pattaya that's a bit difficult unless I take another trip down which wouldn't be all too bad. I really like the city without tourists.

You probably could mail them the passport and have them complete the 90-day, then post it back.

2 minutes ago, RichCor said:

You probably could mail them the passport and have them complete the 90-day, then post it back.

That's true but in that case I'd probably just do it myself once and subsequently do the online reporting.

I never did reporting before even on my ED Visa. Don't you need to do this near the place where you actually reside? I wonder how they want to do this in Pattaya when I live in BKK.

13 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:
20 minutes ago, RichCor said:
16 hours ago, FlyingThai said:
On 9/9/2020 at 9:08 PM, patient37 said:

That's true but in that case I'd probably just do it myself once and subsequently do the online reporting.

I never did reporting before even on my ED Visa. Don't you need to do this near the place where you actually reside? I wonder how they want to do this in Pattaya when I live in BKK.

One major issue with having a visa service agency 'assist' with acquiring a visa or extension is not always knowing what info they (or their inside IO agent/officer) provided on the forms. You may not be able to do online 90-day reporting as the data you furnish may not match what they put 'on file', especially so if you're in another province  ...which is why many offer to do your 90-day registration for you.  So you'll need to ask how best to do this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RichCor said:

One major issue with having a visa service agency 'assist' with acquiring a visa or extension is not always knowing what info they (or their inside IO agent/officer) provided on the forms. You may not be able to do online 90-day reporting as the data you furnish may not match what they put 'on file', especially so if you're in another province  ...which is why many offer to do your 90-day registration for you.  So you'll need to ask how best to do this.

Yeah I told the agent that before. I want a sheet with the info provided with all the details especially in case there's ever any question upon re-entry.

• 2 weeks later...