Is this considered as a work by immigration

Aforek

1 hour ago, johng said:

It doesn't matter if you do it for free..... you need a permit to do volunteer work.

Years ago in Pattaya the immigration gestapo raided my next door neighbours laundry business,

husband and wife small business with living quarters upstairs   he didn't do any work there   but was standing  around when they came in    he picked up a basket of washing from a chair so he could sit down   and the police tried to arrest him for "working"   that's how silly it can get if they want to make problems for you.

3 years ago my neighbor was replacing his door lock, "IMO gestapo" show up and gave him a heck of hard time as he was taking job away from Thai person.... many many similar stories all around, it all depends on the IMO

17 minutes ago, transam said:

You don't live here then.....????

So, there you are again. I missed you today. ???? 

Please explain what you mean? What kind of deluded idea or fable are you going to feed me today?

To quickly answer, what I assume is a question. Yes, I live in Thailand. Here I do not know about. Can you please hand me the coordinates.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Please explain what you mean? What kind of deluded idea or fable are you going to feed me today?

To quickly answer, what I assume is a question. Yes, I live in Thailand. Here I do not know about. Can you please hand me the coordinates.

I thought it was funny????

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Hmm... hole village come take fruits and vegetables from our farm what i have taking care of! Maybe im working, sadly nobody never pay me nothing! Have to go meet village yaba selling cop to make appeal!

And i dont have anymore weed trees there coz somebody steal them!!!!!

Buy a big dog dude. 

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I'm thinking of washing my car, could I be arrested, as there is a Car wash up the road? 

thinking of’....

thinking is not a common pastime here, thus could a foreigner ever be accused of taking work from a Thai for thinking?

(I know, thats a horrible Thai bash - meant purely in jest)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Us long time readers KNOW you have an absolutely perfect life, nothing ever goes wrong, nothing ever will go wrong because you are Peter Perfect.

You even want farang folk deported for a minor overstay because it would never happen to you. 

Oh, am I wrong about the latter......????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes, I have been working on mine to get it working again for months, to no avail, I may have to apply for a work permit to get it sorted....????

Nah, don´t bother. Just continue your "hard" work. Maybe it pays off in loads.

39 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Hmm... hole village come take fruits and vegetables from our farm what i have taking care of! Maybe im working, sadly nobody never pay me nothing! Have to go meet village yaba selling cop to make appeal!

And i dont have anymore weed trees there coz somebody steal them!!!!!

I know that feeling.

My wife keeps any money from the farm and gives to her family, which I thought I was part of but do you think she even gives me a beer now and again, no chance.

16 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

I should have kept the post, but there was a guy who once posted a Hymn of Praise to this 'Employment Prohibited' note on his Retirement Visa.

When he went to the supermarket with his Thai wife, she had to load all the stuff they bought in the trunk of the car and she always had to drive, because as he clearly explained to her 'he was not allowed to do any work' on his retirement Visa.

So....um ......did he have to employ someone to hump his wife  ?  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Us long time readers KNOW you have an absolutely perfect life, nothing ever goes wrong, nothing ever will go wrong because you are Peter Perfect.

You even want farang folk deported for a minor overstay because it would never happen to you. 

Oh, am I wrong about the latter......????

As I assumed. You were off topic as usual. Can you please explain what overstay and my life has to do with this thread. here it´s all about if planting your own vegetables in your garden is considered work. I know it does not fit your agenda, but do you have anything on-topic to contribute with?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No it´s no problem. I am just sad to read that someone feel that insecure in a country they chose to live in. Must be terrible.

Would that be the case regardless on what visa you hold? and would their be any difference from growing a garden to painting or doing other maintenance to the house she owns and we live in?

8 hours ago, Aforek said:

best answer, thanks ; other answers are just a joke ????

The joke is you who needed such assurance. Those things hanging between your legs are called balls. Find the manual and learn what they are used for. If cannot find. Start by growing them.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No it´s no problem. I am just sad to read that someone feel that insecure in a country they chose to live in. Must be terrible.

There is quite a lot of membership of the scared of your own shadow brigade these days. Imagine always going around wondering if you are breaking someones laws or rules. What a life.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

One of the best barstool topics on ThaiVisa.com

‘Is this considered work ?’ - I can’t believe someone has not quoted the old favourite “Painting your own house is considered work and can land you in trouble because you are taking a job away from a Thai”.... this golden droplet of barstool fookwittery has been quoted numerous times.... 

Realistically: you’re growing stuff in your own garden....  it has nothing to do with employment. Carry on enjoy, feel free to paint your house while waiting for your veggies and chillies to grow !!!!

If you want to do anything, anything at all, just do it as long as it is not detrimental to the ordinary people.

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Grow a pair OP. Some newcomers I've met are terrified of the Thai police, no idea why. 

Did You ask your wife this question? 

I'd love to hear what she said. 

Anybody who is terrified of anyone would be better off joining the flying club.

Is this a country where people snoop on you and report on you?

If this is true then these people really haven't got better things to do.

They wouldn't spend their time to improve themselves so they may have some financial gains. Instead they spy on you, report you and take delight in seeing you get into trouble?

Disgusting. Just small minded, useless people.

Let me just ask a simple question. If I find my neighbor spying on me, would it be ok if I pull my short so low that my buttocks are showing. Not exactly "Moon" them(that's the slang for display of buttocks), but mind you, I am within my private residence so you cannot say I expose myself can you?

So if I grow my own foods it is considered working is it? Just too many wavkers in this country.

In 6-8 years reading Thaiisa, I am yet to see a genuine and first hand account of anyone being arrested, fined etc for washing their own car, working on their house, growing vegetables, helping wife load the car etc etc.

Without fail, there is always more to the story. What initially comes up as "I got arrested for <insert trivial task here>, always, without fail, turns out to be something more. 

Its usually something like, I got arrested for driving friends to the airport, in reality it turns out the guy had a minivan and was doing daily tours and airport drops.

Its one of those myths that has taken on a life of its own.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

There is quite a lot of membership of the scared of your own shadow brigade these days. Imagine always going around wondering if you are breaking someones laws or rules. What a life.

Never felt that, but as you say it must be terrible. ???? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff65 said:

Would that be the case regardless on what visa you hold? and would their be any difference from growing a garden to painting or doing other maintenance to the house she owns and we live in?

Cangratualations! You just won the " most s----d of all award" that we all know about.

8 hours ago, owl sees all said:

A couple of years ago a TV member was prosecuted for putting a bottle of sauce on a restaurant table (TVF archives) in Pattaya.

If you fish in your own pond and catch fish, it is against the rules to take them away, but OK if you put them back. Because one is regarded as sport and t'other business.

If they want to get you; they will. Just don't go upsetting any 'knowledgeable' Thais, especially if they are your neighbors. Remember; jealously rules! Keep your head down and enjoy Thailand.

Sad, to be forced to look over your shoulder all the time!

There would be absolutely no problem in a bit of gardening on your own property. And in my opinion you quite right in checking it out . It’s not a matter of being paranoid, its a matter of being smart and ensuring you operate within the laws in the country you live .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KeeTua said:

That would be quite the loophole if work that someone would customarily get paid for was allowed so long as you called it volunteer work.

Given there is no minimum salary requirement for a work permit it certainly is possible however Iam sure you know full well what I meant by voluntary work though.