From Pattaya to other parts of the country October 2020

Hello,

I was planning to go to Thailand this year and stay there for some time, but from the news I have read It is stated that only from October International tourists will be able to come to Thailand and only through Pattaya, see https://www.timeout.com/news/thailand-wants-to-welcome-tourists-again-in-october-082520

I was wondering whether I have understood it correctly - Once I will have spent 21 days in quarantine I will be able to fly to other parts of the country.

Have I understood it correctly? 

12 minutes ago, ernests said:

Hello,

I was planning to go to Thailand this year and stay there for some time, but from the news I have read It is stated that only from October International tourists will be able to come to Thailand and only through Pattaya,

Hi

unfortunately you are misinformed

Thailand is at the moment still struggling to rapatriate the Thai citizens from abroad

and at the moment only few category of foreigners are allowed to return

(Work permit. Permanent residency, the ones with thai family...) with a lot of

restrictives conditions. the 14 days quarantine being one of these.

A lot of foreigners with valids visa (Retiree, students...) are not allowed yet

to entry, nor the ones owning a house or a condo in Thailand,

It could takes months to take all these people being back in Thailand

so i don't see any tourists coming before at least the next year (2021)

All the ''plans'' , ''projects'' and others ''bubbles'' that you can find on a daily

basis in the medias are only hot air from some people wanting to show they

are working ''hard'' (Usualy for a high wage) to find a solution. 

Unfortunately at the moment and for the next months (Years?) there is no any solution in sight

• Like 2

ERNESTS

Hello,

I was wondering whether I have understood it correctly - Once I will have spent 21 days in quarantine I will be able to fly to other parts of the country.

unquote
---------------------------------------------
21 days??? I thought it was 14 days or in total 15 days??

glegolo

9 minutes ago, glegolo said:

glegolo

The article the op linked said 21 days.  it was just a crazy plan that will never happen though.  they have literally had 3 completely different plans in the 3 days since then.  

• Like 1

These are at best nebulous proposals under consideration.

Even if they do come to fruition (so far none have) the effective date will not be the date at which it is possible to do, but rather the date fro which government will start to develop the system with implementation some months later. Confusing, I know, but that seems to be the way they do it here.

This is not the tiem to plan an elective trip to Thailand.

• Like 2

My betting is second quarter next year for foreign tourism slowly restarting. By that time, there are likely to be several approved vaccines and I suspect the Thai government will insist that visitors have proof that they have been vaccinated. Hopefully, they will then drop the onerous quarantine and C19 insurance proposals. Another plus for waiting until Q2 next year is that the northern flu season will be just about over. The third plus is that, by then, the virus will have been observed for a full annual cycle and its behaviour should be better understood. Just my own feelings, I'm probably completely wrong and the doors will be thrown open in November, but we shall see, I'm not dusting off my "Sawatdee farang" door mat just yet, lol.

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

My betting is second quarter next year for foreign tourism slowly restarting. By that time, there are likely to be several approved vaccines and I suspect the Thai government will insist that visitors have proof that they have been vaccinated

I think you are very optimist.  I don't think they will allow quarantine free travel until most Thais are vaccinated.  Just having visitors vaccinated doesn't help--vaccines are not 100% effective, and all it takes is one person to start a new wave of infections here.   And sadly, since Thailand has no covid, they will probably be one of the last countries to receive the vaccine.  I am guessing Q2 2022.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

They have already made another announcement that this won't happen in october.  They literally make random new announcements about possible reopening plans daily.  

The reality is the thailand's borders are closed to tourist travel and there is no end in sight to that closure.   They may still be closed this time next year.  I would seek an alternate country for your holiday.

Too many people listen to the minister of this and that the only voice that counts is PM prayute

10 hours ago, glegolo said:

ERNESTS

Hello,

unquote
---------------------------------------------

glegolo

14 days quarantine, then another 7 days if you wanted to leave the province. That was the initial suggestion. Those 21 days would probably cost a small fortune.