ATM s.Say Insufficient funds? Home banks says OK

5 minutes ago, Thaidai26 said:

Not        As stated    Canadian bankS say ok    no issues. Plus have not used for 2 weeks +.   

You said "Called both banks TD + CIBC  they have no issues with my accounts funds available". As the poster you reacted to presumed as did I, check with your bank about other limitations. It really looks like Canadian bank limitations.

I often have problems with Bangkok bank ATM withdrawals and i bank with them so i go to Siam commercial ATM and no  problem .

Also weekends the Thai banks do not receive overseas transfers , so although money has left my UK account through Transferwise on a Saturday it will not be available to draw in a Thai ATM till Monday  

3 hours ago, Thaidai26 said:
5 hours ago, Tracyb said:

Consider going into the bank and trying a withdrawal over the counter with a teller.

Siam commercial bank Rawai will not handle cash! Also BKK  no

SCB "will not handle cash"?!

Go to a main branch in Phuket town, not the small branch at the end of the island.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, UncleMhee said:

Bangkok Bank app leaves western country banking apps in the shade @Bender Rodriguez Instant transfers and payments......yes even for twelve baht ice-cream. I'm very happy I have local bank.

Which western banks app doesn't have instant transfers or payments? Maybe in Romania or Bulgaria. I have been able to do everything online using my European banks mobile app years before any Thai bank even had an app. 

43 minutes ago, superal said:

I often have problems with Bangkok bank ATM withdrawals and i bank with them so i go to Siam commercial ATM and no  problem .

Also weekends the Thai banks do not receive overseas transfers , so although money has left my UK account through Transferwise on a Saturday it will not be available to draw in a Thai ATM till Monday  

It's not only Thai banks that don't receive International transfers during weekends. It's quite common. 

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And you would really expect a bank to report such an attack? 

For example, Bangkok Bank always warns about attacks or frauds when logging in to the account using the website. They send personal messages. Why wouldn't they report an attack? It's not the banks fault. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

For example, Bangkok Bank always warns about attacks or frauds when logging in to the account using the website. They send personal messages. Why wouldn't they report an attack? It's not the banks fault. 

They are warning you not to be a sucker and help protect yourself (so you will not later lose money and claim it is the banks fault).  No bank is going to admit any issues if they can avoid it.

Opened a separate BKB account mostly for Immigration requirement. Went to withdraw money at ATM didn’t work. It said account not found.

rrason was I didn’t pick savings which is what the account is... 

ive not gone back an read the OP post but I think it said Credit card...

if so is different than ATM .. maybe CC needs to be addedto account 

or choosing wrong account type at ATM. 

On 9/13/2020 at 2:12 AM, NanLaew said:

SCB "will not handle cash"?!

Go to a main branch in Phuket town, not the small branch at the end of the island.

Exactly!  Some banks and branches must be handling cash, otherwise what would retail businesses be doing with the cash they receive for goods sold? Think about the small vendors and Mom and Pop shops that run their businesses with a cash box and can't accept debit cards.

One of my CC is TD, no issue as of Sunday night and Monday morning, one transaction in person for fuel, one online for a flight.  Made a withdrawal with TD ATM card about a week ago, worked ok.   Good luck with everything.

8 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

One of my CC is TD, no issue as of Sunday night and Monday morning, one transaction in person for fuel, one online for a flight.  Made a withdrawal with TD ATM card about a week ago, worked ok.   Good luck with everything.

All good now ! Waited til Monday afternoon. No issues. Turns out likely Friday bank atm short on funds 20k withdrawal.     Thanks for all input.  

• Like 2