Shabu drama: Man charged for eating too much at all you eat buffet

rooster59

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

... whilst I just have meat and prawns with those little rice snacks wrapped in seaweed.  Never been asked to pay more.  Guess I am not eating enough! 

The area manager is probably laying in wait to get you one fine evening with the big backpay invoice, all backed up with CCTV evidence of the weekly meat and prawn pile, and the threat the BiB getting involved.  ???? 

Edited by torturedsole

13 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

And yet people on Tvf Still complaining about Chinese.

They can only spot the hyper aggressive ones on tour buses.  They cannot tell the well dressed, well mannered from the Thai Chinese.  Some western woman had a restaurant, and she would bitterly complain about Chinese customers, not knowing she was frequented by such people who were no trouble at all.  She went out of business.

"An all you can eat buffet" at the pleasure of management.  How petty.  They should have just asked him to leave and not charged him.    

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

She said that she would see him in court for posting disparaging comments about her establishment.

They advertised "All you can eat" and he could obviously eat all that.

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The post in response to the review (that the diner attached to his post) said that the way he was eating was not in the spirit of shabu restaurants as there should be a balance of foodstuffs not just meat and prawns. She intimated that people who eat like that would drive them out of business. 

Did she put up on the wall or the menu that patrons "must eat in the spirit of shabu" and explain what proportion of food needs to be veggies? Was the patron refused order or was at least warned that his order is "not in spirit of shabu" and there's proof of it? If not, that "spirit of shabu" is irrelevant.

If they actually have the guts to sue the guy, I wish to see consumer protection agency taking this outfit to court and sue them for false advertising.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Sit inside a large open-air oven, full of loud Thais, and eat lowest grade meats, with a coal burning cooker 12 inches from my face, with the 'food' prepped by nose-picking Thai teenagers, that last put their hands under water and soap teenage years ago. 

No Thanks. 

I'll save the 179baht x 4 and eat a steak in a room away from the other 3. 

Have to say that isn't my experience at all. I eat at a Moo Khrata restaurant every now and then. They have a choice of cover or open air; I choose open air. Happy with cooking in the open air. A really nice atmosphere cooking outside. Like being out camping but better.

I avoid the things that I don't like and eat more of what I do. Everything eaten is cooked thoroughly, so no real concern about hygiene. Seafood is plentiful, as are my meat choices. Plus their choice of locally made coconut ice cream is particularly delicious.

So much so that I tracked down the ice cream maker and buy their products directly for my own freezer. 

199 baht is a veritable bargain for all of that.

I don't understand why the diner paid the extra; as the restaurant doesn't have a leg on which to stand in the matter.

When I lived in China in 2003 Pizza Hut was there in the bigger cities. They offered a one trip, small plate all you can eat salad bar, it was taken very literally. I watched in awe as these 'salad engineers' piled those veggies and fruit up to ridiculous heights - I always willed them to drop it on the slow walk back to their table.

Screenshot 2020-09-13 at 11.35.24.png

Edited by Saltire
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, torturedsole said:

I avoid any establishment that involves a buffet, but nothing to do with the food. I don't like queuing up to view peoples disgusting habits while they hover over food that I'll be eating once it's my turn. Table service for us.  

This is one of the reasons I like the mask wearing etiquette. Before you would get people standing, talking and spitting over the food.

My wife and a couple of friends like these joints we have a few around where we live, anyway just after the lockdown was lifted the wife and 2 friends lets go for a BBQ when they get there only 2 can sit at a table ok fine 1 has to sit on the next table, then they were informed because only 1 at that table she would have to pay extra 299 baht, needless to say they didn't stay

14 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

What cave you living in , of course we blaming China look at this planet Now , Chinese Apologist 

What about the Muslims, are they 'our friends' now ... ?

Once we get bored blaming the Chines .. Who will be next ... The Inuits ? 

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Shabu drama: Man charged for eating too much at all you eat buffet

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The diner said he was a regular visitor and there had never been a problem before. This time the owner came out and said because there were no vegetables on the table he would have to pay a surcharge. 

Regular visitor and this One time he ate More than normal only Prawns and Meat.

No problem the diner Already Made  Money on the visitor .They should've said Nothing and just Waited till he came in Again and Than Maybe he would be eating Normal again,If Not Then Say Something .

It is my own decision what I eat in an all-you-can-eat restaurant. If that does not pay off for the restaurant,
they should not offer it. Besides, it seems to be just a lure to get as much attention as possible. In addition,
it's just an isolated case that doesn't really burden the restaurant's probably bad calculation.
Final result: Simply avoid this offer.

• Like 1