Tuk-tuk taxi driver shot in Songkhla over professional rivalry

webfact

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

A clown with a gun. Shot a person nine times, and he is still not dead. Wonder if the police asked him if the reason for not using the brass knuckle was that he was at risk of hitting himself?

However, hope the guy survives.

probably now insisting he intentionally tried to Not kill him!! 

• Like 1

Watch a YouTube series called "Fear Thy Neighbor", and you'll see a few dozen cases of how these feuds escalate over years and years to the point where someone dies.  It ain't about the 100 baht.  And certainly not unique to Thailand.

On a related note, the incident happened in Songkhla Province, but in Hat Yai Town, an hour (by car) away from Songkhla Town- my favorite weekend beach getaway in Thailand.  (Shameless plug, I know...  But they could probably use some more tourists and they get a bad rap from stuff that doesn't affect Songkhla Town itself)

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Good idea to always settle that 50 / 100 / 150 baht unexpected charge levied by Tuk Tuk drivers. If you don't like unexpected charges to miraculously appear at the end of your trip then don't patronise Tuk Tuks or taxi metres.  

My Thai wife and I have tried them all and the majority are absolutely fine but the potential for serious trouble does exist and we decided years ago to take limos wherever possible in the main tourist resorts. However, taxi metres in my wife's hometown never presented one single problem.

21 hours ago, Matzzon said:

A clown with a gun. Shot a person nine times, and he is still not dead. Wonder if the police asked him if the reason for not using the brass knuckle was that he was at risk of hitting himself?

However, hope the guy survives.

It's possible he couldn't figure out how to use them. There were no pictorial instructions included when he stole them. 

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2020 at 9:21 AM, webfact said:

A tuk-tuk driver is in a critical condition after being shot nine times in Songkhla province.

Safe trusted Thailand... the greatest advert on earth why people should stay away from this madhouse.

Taxi driver armed with a gun & knuckle duster at work?

Beggars belief.

• Like 1

I'd say it's a professional hit.  I mean, who else could plug a guy nine times with a 38 revolver to make a point, only wing him and not kill him?  That guy's a serious marksman....   (????

Edited by CanuckThai

21 hours ago, chilli42 said:

Is it my imagination that gun violence has taken a big increase in the last year?

Your imagination, now a days it's way less shootings and violence compared to few years ago overall all over Thailand. And not all shootings and murders ends up on thai visa or bangkok post for expats and tourists too see or read.

• Like 1