Options quickly running out on extension.

"...the fact remains I have lived in Thailand 15 year legally always with a visa ..."

Well, yes, having a visa to stay legally is pretty standard... ????

I'm a bit confused. If you are here legally, and have been for 15 years, how is it you are in this fix now? How has the covid situation made you unable to stay if you have all your affairs in order here? I assume you are on some kind of long-stay visa, not gaming tourist visas (for 15 years). 

I've been here 15 years too, and nothing has changed for me regarding my visa or ability to stay here as I have consistently done what is required. 

I'm not clear why the current covid thing has anything to do with staying here, if you are and have been legit for 15 years. 

What is this "seasoning" money thing? Did you not have the money and borrowed it from someone after you needed it, and now you are suffering the consequences, or something? Very odd. 

4 hours ago, Nadia6 said:

I have not lived in the UK for nigh on 30 years therefore I have no home in the UK my home my family my house my car my life is in Thailand.

Anyway that is not the subject of my post the fact remains I have lived in Thailand 15 year legally always with a visa and it is only because of this crazy covid situation that has caused issues.

Thanks for the comment though 

So why you left it so late? You had plenty of time to organize something since April

19 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

An embassy letter will probably be granted based on another forum post. Have a look at this, especially from user 'Darrenpk.' He also has no address in the UK, lived here for 15 years and successfully recieved a letter. Hope this helps ????

Here's what I consider an outstanding response. Constructive and offer advice / support to solve the situation. Cheers is certainly in order...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, JeffersLos said:

What reasons are people giving to their embassy when they apply for a letter asking for an extension? 

The reason I gave the Oz embassy was that I didn't want to be separated from my wife of 22 years as it would cause her and myself undue stress and that I was in the process of applying for a one year extension and needed more time for the money to mature in the bank.

• Like 1

Whatever reason you give, it's the luck of the draw with the UK Embassy. 

No consistency as a colleague and I submitted identical letters. He got his letter, I was declined. See below. 

Yet America's can apply online via the US Embassy website and receive their letter within a 10 minute response time. 

"The British Embassy is unable to issue you with a letter to extend your visa in Thailand after 26th September. This is because you have not provided evidence that you are applying for a long-term visa or that you live in a country where the borders are closed or the FCDO Travel Advice advises against travel.

I am sorry this is not the response you would have hoped for but I hope you can understand we are limited in the circumstances in which we can issue these letters.

If you do not normally live in Thailand and do not have a long-term residence visa, but wish to stay in Thailand beyond the 26th September we strongly urge you confirm your visa status by that date. Given that commercial flights to UK are available and there are no restrictions on your return back to UK, if you can’t arrange for your long term stay in Thailand by e.g. getting work etc, you should make a plan to return home before your current Thai visa expires". 

Kind Regards,

21 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Really?

Homeless?

Homeless people in the eyes of most are people without the means to find the funds to find accommodation.

Does not sound like you fit the criteria for a homeless person.

a 3000-5000 baht hotel or airbnb a night in my home country would render me bankrupt very quickly

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Just wait, in a week they will announce another amnesty extension.

Fellow member on another thread suggested not on the grounds of face saving. I would argue that 'face' is subjective and offer 'clarifications' as an example. 

Another fellow member wrote about timing with today being the last date if there were to be an amnesty extension... or next Tuesday. Businesswise it would be good to get as many people on some kind of visa (money) then pronounce an amnesty extension late on for those who remain. Do they want the negative media when people simply cannot leave because there are no flights. It's still a lot of people even after the various shifty visas having been issued. 

On 9/14/2020 at 6:04 PM, Nadia6 said:

I have not lived in the UK for nigh on 30 years therefore I have no home in the UK my home my family my house my car my life is in Thailand.

Anyway that is not the subject of my post the fact remains I have lived in Thailand 15 year legally always with a visa and it is only because of this crazy covid situation that has caused issues.

Thanks for the comment though 

Use an agent,you obviously have the money. 

8 hours ago, notmyself said:
On 9/14/2020 at 6:17 PM, BritManToo said:

Just wait, in a week they will announce another amnesty extension.

Fellow member on another thread suggested not on the grounds of face saving. I would argue that 'face' is subjective and offer 'clarifications' as an example. 

Another fellow member wrote about timing with today being the last date if there were to be an amnesty extension... or next Tuesday. Businesswise it would be good to get as many people on some kind of visa (money) then pronounce an amnesty extension late on for those who remain.

Some people have been ‘spreading’ opinion as statement that there will be another extension - this is simply unknown at this time and no one should be relying on such unsubstantiated information.

8 hours ago, notmyself said:

Do they want the negative media when people simply cannot leave because there are no flights. It's still a lot of people even after the various shifty visas having been issued. 

The announcements have been very clear. If there are no flights to someones home country people can obtain a letter from their Embassy to apply for further amnesty. 

Yes, the lack of planning here amazes me. I got my 90 report completed at Muang Thong yesterday, quickly and with no problem, but observed 2 guys, both English, who were making a real mess of a simple process. One turned up without his passport, the other without a completed form. Both were loud, aggressive and rather shabby. Embarrassing. 

OP-Just get an agent to get your 1 year this time and worry about everything next year.

ETA: I really don't get all these folks who were "caught out" and "Surprised" by this. Covid has been here and the country locked down for 5 months now. Seems traffic gets lost in the city when the by-pass is under construction. ????

Edited by mrwebb8825