When to expect a new announcement?

11 hours ago, lovesthespicy said:

I would think if its coming it would be today. I can't imagine they wait till next Tuesday and say oh yeah everyone your good to stay dont go home in 3 days! 

Their was a recent statement about not waiting to the last minute to go down to immigration to extend or change visas.. Seems like most embassies are already giving letters. They may just leave it as a get letter and extend for 1900 for 30 day thing. That could be why so many consulates changed their stance on giving letters.

Well, embassies are supposed to issue a letter if it's not possible to get back home. Some will not imo issue such a letter. 

16 minutes ago, jackdd said:

There are many people who fulfill the requirements, but because they don't use an agent immigration is making problems, you can see reports of those people every day here on Thaivisa. Maybe you never had problems yourself, then you were just lucky.

The only thing we read about is that immigration officer can ask for more papers in some cases, which is in the officers full right to do. That´s what most people see as a problem, because they can not ar5e themselves with taking some extra papers with them.

• Like 1

The September 26th deadline to get a tourist visa extension appears to be a non sequitur. September 26th was reported as the last day to get that new tourist stamp in your passport. I went to immigration today just to get a tourist visa extension stamp. It did not go as planned. September 11th was the deadline.  Go figure...

1 minute ago, geworthomd said:

The September 26th deadline to get a tourist visa extension appears to be a non sequitur. September 26th was reported as the last day to get that new tourist stamp in your passport. I went to immigration today just to get a tourist visa extension stamp. It did not go as planned. September 11th was the deadline.  Go figure...

You couldn't extend your tourist visa?  Even with an embassy letter?

2 hours ago, Joe Nee Appleseed said:

Options?...I guess the 90 day extension via agents for medical reasons...then get on a volunteer visa?  20K + 55K...I sat outside the agents last week with the 55k...regret not paying it now...haha

Is that even possible to extend for medical reason and then get on another type of visa (retirement, volunteering) after that? I understood the medical extension was a dead end. I might be wrong. I ask because I qualify for medical reasons and it would be the easiest solution for now but I do not want to burn my bridges.

Edited by orchis

32 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Well, embassies are supposed to issue a letter if it's not possible to get back home. Some will not imo issue such a letter. 

Because it's not the job of an embassy to help Thailand figure out its immigration policy.

It's (rightly) ridiculous that instead of "losing face" by doing the right thing, they'd rather play it off as a political favour that they are "obligated" to do due to an embassy request.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaftToPutRealName said:

You should give us the details of your IO so we can all enjoy going to someone who can handle our visas 100% as laid out in the law, with the exact same requirements as mentioned in the Thai Embassy website and nothing more.

Since you seem to really enjoy telling other people how they aren't doing the right thing - a line group invite is the least you could do there ????

Not saying that they don´t do it right. The only thing I am saying is that an IO have the right to ask for more documents than the regular requirements if he so wish. Therefore it´s no use complaining. Better to bring more then you need with you, to be able to meet up against all possible wishes.

But, it´s ok for me if others want to run back and forth. Just don´t complain about it, when there is an easy solution. ???? 

See, no Line group needed. Just a little bit extra work and common sense to know what can happen. Actually something all already know, because it has been written tons of it on this forum.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Not saying that they don´t do it right. The only thing I am saying is that an IO have the right to ask for more documents than the regular requirements if he so wish. Therefore it´s no use complaining. Better to bring more then you need with you, to be able to meet up against all possible wishes.

But, it´s ok for me if others want to run back and forth. Just don´t complain about it, when there is an easy solution. ???? 

See, no Line group needed. Just a little bit extra work and common sense to know what can happen. Actually something all already know, because it has been written tons of it on this forum.

What about the IO that ignores the Police Order and rejects the extension application that has all the requirements but the IO makes his own rules

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Exactly.  But all countries should just issue the silly letters, anyway.   How hard is an automated-email reply with a pdf in it?

I don't think the reasons are technicals. When I asked my embassy in March, they said that such letters didn't exist, that embassies cannot decide who stays in the country, and that it was fake news spread on social media, even though I told them that immigration show me letters of other applicants...

I'm not sure what are their reasons to refuse or accept. Maybe they don't want to lose face either by admitting the covid situation is out of control in their country, and if there are flights, there is no reason to let you stay longer.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I'd love for you to explain which bit of "prepare more than the regular requirements" which is common sense, since presumably you would not know what extra documents an IO may feel like including from one case or day to another. Does it vary on what he or she had for breakfast? Maybe a fella who looked like you made a pass at his gik or he's still a bit salty from the night before?

Perhaps I'll change my line group request to divining classes. Maybe you can help me read some tarot or we can split the next winning lottery numbers?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

What about the IO that ignores the Police Order and rejects the extension application that has all the requirements but the IO makes his own rules

Well you should be prepared to follow the laws of this crazy zany country you decided to take a risk on - including those that are not noted anywhere, those which can be bent through brown envelopes, and even those that depend on whether or not rain happened that morning ????

(At least seems to be the solution of the poster you replied to!)

Edited by DaftToPutRealName
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MrMilk said:

This is quiet nerve wreaking. 

Whats your per cent chance we get a new extension at this point, in your opinion?

I want to be positive about it because it's not in my nature to wish bad luck on other people but I would give it 5%. Yesterday I'd have said 60% that we hear something positive (Amnesty related) today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orchis said:

Is that even possible to extend for medical reason and then get on another type of visa (retirement, volunteering) after that? I understood the medical extension was a dead end. I might be wrong. I ask because I qualify for medical reasons and it would be the easiest solution for now but I do not want to burn my bridges.

Yep...it's not the medical certificate 30 day extension...any agent offering 90 day visas now is basically gonna be using a medical excuse to extend the stay...these visas don't have the 'under consideration' problem that the 30 day ones have...so there is time to use an agent again to springboard onto another visa.  Whether you actually have medical issues is irrelevant on the agent route

Edited by Joe Nee Appleseed

3 hours ago, mousset said:

I'm married but not officially so that visa can't be made on time now. The remaining option is to register my company to 4 employees etc (got someone to help me on that as it's officially too late if I understand it right).

This situation is so ridiculous that I naively thought it couldn't end up there..
Any advice highly welcome ????

How can someone be "married but not officially" ?

Either you're married or you're not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zikomat said:

It was the Cabinet who declared the Amnesty. It should be the Cabinet who will inform the foreigners on the Amnesty NOT being prolonged. If , at the end, they will not make any statement regarding the issue BEFORE 26.09 - I will think that their purpose was to create chaos among foreigners in Thailand. No other rational explanation will be possible.

The cabinet indeed declared the amnesty and said declaration had an expiry date to it: September 26th 2020.

Why is it the governments "purpose to create chaos among foreigners in Thailand" by not giving them a constant help in how to properly read a date ? Whatever foreigner is caught up in "chaos" at this point it's because of his own total, utter incompetence and lack of responsibility. People should learn to behave like adults. I'd be embarrassed to look like a total idiot in the eyes of the public.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jackdd said:

In July immigration said there will be no further extension, and then the Cabinet granted a further extension.

That is not my recollection. Indeed, by the second week of July, I was predicting an extension of the amnesty, or at least an easy way to stay, based on the lack of a clear announcement either way. Now, there is a clear announcement that those on short term permissions to stay must leave by September 26. There is a small chance that the cabinet could reverse themselves, but it is unlikely.