When to expect a new announcement?

17 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I got an overstay way back in April and am now allowed to apply for a one year extension for marriage,I will see if the overstay becomes an issue when I apply.

Previous overstays are not an issue, the question was; Is it possible to apply for an extension on Monday the 28th, when his visa expires on Saturday the 26th. From my experience, there is no 'grace period', i was fined on Sunday 500 baht when my visa ran out on Saturday - 2 years ago. Immigration also notes that you can not apply for an extension without a valid visa - if you are on overstay, you must exit and re-enter the country. I would suggest extending the visa prior to the 26th.

However, i'm just sharing my experience to help, i am not an expert! perhaps someone who is more knowledgable could also shed some light on this? @ubonjoe

Edited by 2530Ubon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Benitostacos said:

Oh boy, those same people who got upset over the amnesty are not going to be too thrilled if this long term tourist visa comes to fruition. 

Why not, it`s coming and you have to get it out of country and do the 14 days quarantine, it`s designed that way to begin admitting long term tourists.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jajazazajaja said:

Well I can’t leave it any longer, off to a visa agent tomorrow!

What did the agent offer you at this point? Because all agents I know had a deadline of mid last week as their dubious process takes 2-3 weeks.

Tomorrow there are 10 days (not business days) left until the amnesty expires. Not sure if anything can be done in such little amount of time especially as these "volunteer" visas appear to be processed in some upcountry IO.

google translation of the section on the new long term tourist visa in case anyone s interested:

20. Guidelines for accepting special tourists, Special Tourist VISA (STV)
                    The Cabinet approved in principle as proposed by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports (KG.) And asked the KGI to discuss again with the Ministry of Interior and related agencies in details as follows:
                    1) Approve in principle for an alien who has the following qualifications:
                        1.1 Is an alien who wishes to stay for a long-term stay in Thailand.
                        1.2 Accepting to comply with public health measures announced in Thailand  And agree to quarantine in the room for 14 days (ALSQ)
                        1.3 There is evidence of long-term stay in Thailand (Long Stay).
                              1.3.1 Proof of payment for the hotel, accommodation (ALSQ) or hospital accommodation (AHQ) in Thailand
                              1.3.2 One of the following evidences
                                       1.3.2.1 Proof of payment for the hotel accommodation.  To be used as accommodation after leaving the hotel, accommodation as a detention facility (ALSQ) or hospital accommodation (AHQ) for the period of intending to stay (Long Stay) in Thailand.
                                       1.3.2.2 Copy of the apartment title deed of a condominium type owned by an alien or a family member of the alien.
                                       1.3.2.3 Evidence of renting accommodation in the type of condominium or house
                                       1.3.2.4 Evidence of down payment of foreigners for purchasing or renting a condominium in which the foreigner can legally purchase
                    In which foreigners are required to undergo measures to control the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) as specified by the Ministry of Public Health and relevant agencies are entitled to request a special tourist visa.  Tourist Visa (STV) with a visa fee of 2,000 baht per time, is allowed to stay in the Kingdom for 90 days.
                    2) After the expiration of the period of permission under Article 1, the Immigration Competent Official shall have the power to permit further residence for two more times for 90 days in which the alien must submit an application in accordance with the form and pay the specified fee.
                    3) It shall come into force from the date of announcement until 30 September 2021.
                    In this regard, the Ministry of Tourism and Sports by TAT proposes a guideline for accepting special tourist types of Special Tourist Visa (STV) to bring potential tourists to the Kingdom due to the current situation of the coronavirus infection epidemic in 2019 (CO  Wid-19) makes tourists and the general public unable to travel.  To prevent and control the spread of the disease.  But because Thailand can manage and control the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), it has been ranked the number 1 safe country with great success.  And at present, there is no coronavirus outbreak in Thailand (COVID-19) in Thailand.  The so-called foreigners with high purchasing power and potential from all countries around the world want to travel with their families to stay for a long period (Long Stay) in Thailand.
                    Along with in the past period  Thailand is the main source of income from foreign tourists who travel to Thailand.  Bringing not less than 2 trillion baht of money into Thailand when the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) epidemic occurs, causing the domestic tourism industry to lose income and affect all sectors.  The government has a policy to start allowing foreign tourists to travel to long stays in Thailand.  In enclosed areas that can prevent the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

I think that with the passage of the new visa which is good for up to 9 months that the Fat Lady has sung her swan song.  With that said its time to pack up and leave if you were expecting a miracle and did not start the process to obtain a 30 day extension or 60 day extension based upon your type of Visa.  Not being an Adam Henry or a circle dot, but those that have been sitting and waiting instead of acting in there best interests have run out of time.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

Sadly my 90 day report is due Sept. 26. To be sure I will do it several days early. And yes, I know about doing it online and have zero faith in that system.

I much prefer to routinely cultivate my relationship with the IO officer who recognizes me by sight and always handles my paperwork. She has even slightly bent the rules at times when she had discretion to do so. My Thai Lady is connected to her on LINE as well. Golden. 

3 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

No, that is all.  Be these notes are just a summary of what they discussed.  Maybe there are more ridiculous requirements they will publish later.

I think it was rushed out to forestall any more talk of Amnesty while they hammer out all of the details.  It appears that this is the Phuket Model but will be rolled out to Bangkok, Chonburi and, of course, Buriram.

24 minutes ago, FlyingThai said:

What did the agent offer you at this point? Because all agents I know had a deadline of mid last week as their dubious process takes 2-3 weeks.

Tomorrow there are 10 days (not business days) left until the amnesty expires. Not sure if anything can be done in such little amount of time especially as these "volunteer" visas appear to be processed in some upcountry IO.

the process depends on what visa you are currently on 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jajazazajaja said:

the process depends on what visa you are currently on 

The process is a bit different but the core is the same. If you currently have a Non-Imm in your passport then it's a bit faster (and cheaper), I presume because it goes over one less desk hence one less person to pay off.

But the official line was all applications have to be handed in until the 11th and will (in the worst case) get an "Under Consideration" stamp. Of course TIT and brown envelopes dictate the process.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I just scrolled through it for 2nd time and there's nothing about it.

Now we have to wait for next Tuesday.

This is quiet nerve wreaking. 

Whats your per cent chance we get a new extension at this point, in your opinion?